Kettlebells Anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• wingchunrick
    wingchunrick Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Well I bought a 24kg kettlebell and what a workout. It made my heart race like no other workout and my back and core is still burning. I did wall squats first as that aligns your back properly and they are so much harder than nornal squats Would definitely recommemd these for anyone wanting an alterative to traditional weights. Got mine for £30 off ebay. Bargain....

Wow! 24 kg is pretty heavy! I just started working with a 10 lb one and I felt like a sissy for starting with one so light, but when I was doing my tricep presses yesterday I felt pretty close to failure on my last reps, so I was like, ok, I guess I do have a little ways to go to build up strength. Glad it's working out for you. :-)

Well I'll let you know tomorrow lol... I'm getting stiffer as the day goes on. Great burn though...
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells are a great workout - IF used correctly. That is the biggest problem with them. One small hitch in your form, and you can really hurt something (especially a wrist). I asked my trainer why we never use them, and her reply was that too many people do it wrong, and there is just too much risk.