The hardest thing to you about getting healthy/losing weight

Options
Just figured I ask this question. I know we all have things that trip us up, hard to give up treats, or something else that might get in the way of our journey. This way we know there are others having the same problems and maybe can get tips on how to overcome those.

This might not sound bad to some, but for me, the hardest thing is to make sure I eat enough healthy calories. It's so damn hard to find those... By the end of the day, I'm tried of eating. I'm enjoying all the exercising but it's just finding those calories and doing that on a budget...

Good Luck to everybody!!!

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    wine, beer, vodka.

Oh, and pizza.
  • mae3785
    mae3785 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hit the nail on the head.
  • bassman2019
    bassman2019 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Portion Control, late night snacking, and beer
  • bheimbrock
    bheimbrock Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Catered lunches at work; or just going out to eat in general.
  • Dkp1611
    Dkp1611 Posts: 16
    Options
    Oh yeah, especially the trying to trim the calories on a tight budget! My weaknesses are Krystals, Chocolate, and Crown Royal w/ Dr Pepper
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    chocolate cake... or pizza
  • Dkp1611
    Dkp1611 Posts: 16
    Options
    Catered lunches at work; or just going out to eat in general.

Oh yeah working at a Dr office, they are constantly catering lunches in, it's so HARD to resist!!
  • Kristy085
    Kristy085 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Going out to eat...that's the hardest thing for me! I do fine during the weekend with structured meals at work and in the evenings. The weekend is all about socializing, especially in the South, so it's hard to eat right on the weekends! Just have to make more healthy decisions...
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I gave nothing up. Junk food is a treat now. Not part of my regular day.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    beer or alcoholic beverages and diet sodas...and french fries, chicken fingers...hmm what else lol
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Being organized and managing my time! (Seriously) Especially lately while we've been moving apartments, I can't remember when I worked out last or cooked dinner at all, much less a healthy dinner! Everything's been getting done last minute or not at all lately.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Night time snacking. I cannot live without my bedtime snack! I always have to make sure I "save" enough calories for it. Oh, and ice cream during TOM.
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    For me lack of progress is the hardest thing. Not seeing inches or the scale move demotivates me in all other areas and it's been a month, I'm hanging on by a string.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    beer or alcoholic beverages and diet sodas...and french fries, chicken fingers...hmm what else lol

For you, anything with Buffalo sauce on it!!!! :laugh:
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Candy and soda was hard for me to give up. I drank a lot of soda. The way I gave it up is to not have it with me. I pack a lunch bag with me everyday. I keep healthy stuff in it. So when I want to snack I don't have a choice but eat what's in my bag. I normally pack fruit and protein shakes along with my lunch. I pack extra snacks for those times when I'm out and about and find myself hungry. This way I avoid having to resort to fast food.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Wine, I miss wine so very much. And my favorite thing to do is bake but I'm trying to give it up for a while, I know I could try to find healthy recipes but for now i think it's best if I just stay away from it!
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    anything layered with whipped cream.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options

For you, anything with Buffalo sauce on it!!!! :laugh:

i didnt mention that..because im still eating it heh heh heh lol
  • Blondie52475
    Options
    wine!
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    Weekends! I can eat healthy during the week when I'm on my normal routine/schedule. As soon as the weekend hit and all my time frames are messed up, I just go crazy with the food!