For those of you who bring lunches to work - Give me a list

Options
13»

Replies

• Lyndseyj81
    Options
    I would love a couple of homemade soup recipes. I really need to fill my quota for veggies. I don't like peppers or stewed tomatos very much though.

Thanks!
    Lyndsey J.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    If it's not leftovers, it's a sandwich.

Deli Select turkey or ham (6 slices is one serving) on a multi-grain sandwich thin/round with mustard.
    Baby carrots or pea pods
    Banana, orange and/or apple (with lunch or snack)
    Chobani or Brown Cow greek yogurt (for afternoon snack)

And I usually keep a box of snack bars handy in case my sweet tooth starts acting up
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for posting, I needed ideas too! :)
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Some times I bring a grocery bag of frozen lean cuisines and keep them in our freezer at work, its cheap and easy to keep track of your calories that way. If you pack enough you won't have to worry about lunches for the rest of the week.

i do this too except i forget about them and then 2-3 weeks later i find them, but i'm not sure of they're mine or not. same with yogurt i put in the fridge. as dumb as it sounds i think i'm going to have to start writing my name on my stuff....or get a new memory
    LOL
  • MeganH81
    MeganH81 Posts: 38
    Options
    I don't work but I don't like to cook but I have a few very easy meals....

Ole - Tortilla Shell (Soft Taco), Great Value - Reduced Fat Finely Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, 1/3 cup, and Great Value Chunk Chicken Breast In Water - Canned Chicken Breast, 2 ounces

lay tortilla on plate, sprinkle cheese on entire tortilla, add chicken, microwave 30 sec, and roll it up

~about 250 calories~

Salad - Mixed Greens 1/2 cup, Great Value Real Bacon Pieces - Bacon Bits, 0.5 tbsp 7g,Great Value Chunk Chicken Breast In Water - Canned Chicken Breast, 2 ounces, Great Value - Reduced Fat Finely Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese, 1/3 cup, Kraft - Free Ranch (Fat Free Ranch Dressing), 1 tbsp (34g), Texas Toast - Croutons - Seasoned, 2 tbsp (7g)

(warm the chicken in the microwave before adding to salad)

~about 235 calories~

Granola Bars - Nature Valley, 1 bar, Blueberries - Raw, 0.5 cup, Red Grapes - Red Seedless Grapes, 0.5 cup, Banana - Medium, 1 banana, Milk - Nonfat (fat free or skim), 0.5 cup

break up the granola bar into just a granola mix instead of bar, top with the fruit and milk
    (fills you up and keeps you full for a lot longer than you'd think)

~about 315 calories~

other easy ideas- baby carrots w/ Kraft fat free ranch, 100 calorie snack packs, Activa yogurt, Walmart unsweetened diced peaches in the little single serve bowls, bananas, sliced apples with Marzetti fat free caramel dip, etc (I could go on forever)

I have a whole lot more if you would like help.... most of all, just be creative and use calorieking.com for reference
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Morning Snack: fruit. or celery and peanut butter
    Lunch: Pita with hummus, falafel and salad. OR vege fritters and a salad OR left overs, normally vege risotto, soup, curry etc from the night before.
    Afternoon snack: a yoghurt, a protein bar, some mixed raw nuts, vege sticks etc

:)
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bags of frozen green giant steamers. I eat the whole thing.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing every day...it fits my calories, keeps me full, and is healthy.

Morning snack - berries or grapes
    Lunch - La Tortilla low carb wrap, organic turkey, organic cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, spicy mustard, side of jalapeno or tabasco peppers
    Afternoon snack - baggie of baby carrots
    Snack at home while cooking - 4 oz greek yogurt
  • Amanda_Runs
    Amanda_Runs Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I bring in a lot of leftovers from dinner...I make extra on purpose.
    Lots of chicken with a veggie and a carb
    Sandwiches
    string cheese
    crackers
    fruit
    veggies in single serving portions
    Soup
    I had a banana with oatmeal for lunch today
    for snacky items:
    the Kelloggs Fiber Plus bars are great
    raw almonds
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    Options
    Today's food:

Snack 1 - banana and a special K 90 calorie chocolatey pretzel bar (my absolute favorite)!!!
    Lunch - 2 pieces wheat bread, 1 pc 2% cheese, banana peppers
    Snack 2 - whole wheat bagel with natural peanut butter
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been a sandwhich and some snacks.

1 sandwhich thin multi grain
    90 g (2 slices) Di Lusso reduced sodium turkey
    20 g (1 slice) Di Lusso provolone cheese
    Ingelhoffer sweet and hot mustard
    tomato slice
    onion slices
    spinach

Snacks to go with the sandwhich:
    Quaker quakes sweet chili flavor
    Pink Lady apple
    Chex mix 100 calories caramel chocolate for desert
  • Cbeth80
    Cbeth80 Posts: 49
    Options
    Special K Fruit and Yogurt for bkfast
    Salad and small chicken breast for lunch
    or either a turkey, or tuna wrap with lite mayo, red onion, and spinach spring salad mix
    Special K bars for a snack
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    hot tea for bfast. - zero cal
    Snack when i get to work lo cal kettle corn 170 cal
    lots of water
    dinner/lunch light pb & j
  • kkatamy
    kkatamy Posts: 4
    Options
    Todays lunch:

spinach leaves (about 1.5 cups)
    quartered cucumber (about a cup)
    1 oz reduced fat feta cheese
    1 hard boiled egg (sliced)
    1 TBSP avacado
    few spritzes of wishbone balsamic vinagarette spray dressing

along with a half a whole wheat pita with sliced turkey and tomatoes (no condiments)
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Love this topic and all the great ideas!
  • bespatter
    bespatter Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Today's lunch was: (2) homemade red lentil patties with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, and a spicy yogurt sauce, rolled up in a low-carb/high fiber tortilla (La Tortilla Factory tortillas are the bomb!), with a few strawberries. That filled me right up. It was just like baked falafel.

Somedays I'll have half a can of Jyoti Indian food (I like the madras sambar and toor dal) with leftover roasted potatoes or brown rice.

I also like to take sandwiches or tosadas (they're flat so they fit in the lunchbox) with refried beans, salsa, and guac.

It's really handy if you have containers of varying sizes. I have some small ones, about a half-cup size, that I used to put nuts, condiments, dry-roasted edamame, etc. in.
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump