People of Canada and the USA I have a question!!

Options
13»

Replies

• HBean
    HBean Posts: 55
    Options
    I wish I could reply to everyone, thankyou all so much for sharing. It's like you've all given me a scrapbook of ideas of what all these great places are like :flowerforyou:
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I live in Toronto, Canada!

I love that it is one of the most multicultural cities in North America! Little Italy, Chinatown, Koreatown, Little India, Kensington Market, the Distillery District, Greektown, etc. There's always a cultural festival going on.

I'm in Toronto as well and this is so true. You can get any type of food your heart desires here.
    The autumn is spectacular with all the leaves changing colour.
    We are a pretty safe city.
    Years ago when we had a garbage strike and some friends from England were visiting they kept commenting on how clean the city was.
    We are also day trip distance to Niagara Falls and all of the Great Lakes.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I live in Vancouver, BC. I love the mountains. The trails are fabulous here. Stanley Park is one of the most beautiful parks in BC. I like how many different cultures we have in the city. It is truely a beautiful city to live in.
  • taletreader
    taletreader Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I moved from London to 20 miles outside Fairbanks, Alaska last month. You get the most spectacular & boreal landscape here, northern lights, huge starry skies, and moose on your commute to work. I live in a community that has several times as many dogs as humans. I'm learning to be outdoorsy, because that's how you enjoy it most up here and just bought my own set of cross-country skis. The University of Alaska Fairbanks (my employer) has miles and miles of groomed ski trails right on campus. People ride bicycles at -30 °C. It's an unusual place, a bit rough around the edges, but equipped with the standard set of features an American town has -- big stores (Walmart, Safeway, Freddy Meyer, Barnes & Noble), but with a twist. The Walmart has a counter for by-air delivery to the many many small communities that exist off the road system. Most places here have either 1 or 0 roads going to them.
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    Options
    I live in Dallas TX! I love it here! Lots to offer. Economy is good, housing is reasonable. Lots to offer people of all ages. You can live in the city or in a short drive be in the middle of the country. Not all of TX is Cowboys like a lot of people think. I grew up in Orange County California which I miss so much. I moved away when I was 24 to explore. The OC will always be my home. I lived 12 years in Raleigh, NC and hated it. Nothing to do and lots of back wood people. Life was wayyyy tooooo slow. NC beaches were boring. South Carolina beaches were a tad bit better. If you ever come to the states, tour CALIFORNIA. it has soooo much to offer.
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    I was raised in Juneau Alaska and it is gorgeous... a great place to live and raise a family! I now live in San Diego California, again it is a Gorgeous place, the weather is awesome and there are so many things to do! The kids seem to enjoy it as well!