I AM STARVING!!!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• Sonnut
    Sonnut Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I find that when I snack more, I don't feel hungry and I get to have the pleasure of eating. An average day for me consists of three meals and about 4 snacks.

I snack on things like Laughing Cow Garlic & herb cheese wedge (35 calories) with one celery stick. Nice flavor, lots of "chew".

A low-fat mozzerella cheese stick followed by a mini cucumber (total less than 100 calories). The cheese fills me up, the cuc is refreshing after the cheese.

A banana (I need the potassium)

I might even have 5 chicken nuggets (200 calories), or a small tortilla with mexican cheese and taco sauce (about 200 calories).

I am targeted to lose 1 pound a week, but on average lose just over a pound a week. I have moments of stagnation, but the loss has been slow and consistent, and I certainly don't feel like I'm starving. I'm sure if I didn't have any sweets or alcohol I'd be more successful, but I don't have the dead line that you have and I'm not hugely overweight. I'm allowed just under 1400 calories a day, but usually work/move enough to earn an average of 1600-1700 per day, so I eat it usually.

I'd incorporate some snacks, wisely chosen, to stop the feeling of starvation. You'll be happier and more successful if you don't feel like you're sacrificing. Good luck meeting your goal and congrats on the baby!!!
  • mom2claudia
    Options
    QUOTE: Do you have some suggestions of bread that only has 35 cals? I try to read labels when at the store but its sometimes hard when shopping with two kids. Next time hubby keeps the kids while I shop!

I'm in Connecticut, too, but the absolute opposide corner. LOL! For bread, see if your store carries Country Kitchen Light. (Around here, they sell it at Price Chopper.) It might be like $4 a loaf, but get one loaf and make sure no one else eats it. LOL! I usually get the Country Kitchen Light Italian. It tastes pretty good and only 40 calories a slice.
  • kristygay
    kristygay Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Natures Own and Heiners both have 35 calorie sandwich bread. Whitewheat also has 100 calorie hamburger and hotdog buns. Joseph's has a great pita that is only 60 calories for the whole thing. All of these can usally be found at Walmart or other grocery store. In the bread isle, and the Joseph's are in the bakery section!
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Did you mean to list your eggbeaters twice at breakfast? It's listed at half of a cup and then later on it's listed at .63 of a cup....

Yes, I had some for breakfast and then some more earlier this evening bc I was starving!
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should add in a few more snacks and try if possible to cut the sugar-free red bull. You're better off drinking coffee :drinker: if you are doing it for the caffeine. You can use artificial sweeteners like splenda or equal or whatever. Also, I find that adding in cheese and nuts together as a snack is a great way to curb hunger. For example, I will eat a Sargento light cheesestick (50 cals) with a handful of Almonds (80 cals for 12) a couple hours between meals and I am set. Borden also makes a KidBuilder mozzarella stick that has higher calcium. I also like greek yogurt because it has more protein and fills you up. It looks like you enjoy snack bars - Balance makes a great peanut butter and chocolate protein bar and Zone Perfect also makes some yummy ones! If you start to add in more protein I think you will see a big difference.

Oh and for a bread alternative Pepperidge Farm and Sarah Lee make 100 cal Deli Flats that are much better for you than white bread. Whole wheat or grains. You can also try various tortillas or pita bread - Sarah Lee also makes reduced sodium cold cuts, so you may have luck there as well.

Congratulations and good luck. Don't give up, you just went through a life-changing event mommy. Your body will thank you when you are kind to it :bigsmile:
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    :happy: THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!! I really appreciate all the feedback and suggestions. I am definitely going to up my cals tomorrow and try what you all suggested. Thank you!!!!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    Don't starve yourself if you have only had a baby 5 weeks ago. 1200 cals is far too little. Your body needs to heal.
    this
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Are you sure youre really hungry? How's your fat intake (that's the major satiety factor you didn't mention)? How much protein are we talking? Are you doing the default or 40/30/30? How about simple carb intake? Consider opening your diary so you can get better tips based on what you're actually eating.

The default is actually 55C/30F/15P. :wink:

That's terrible. But I meant was she doing the default or was the she doing what, in my opinion, is better. 40C/30F/30P. I think if you changed to that ratio OP and cut down on the processed foods you'd be a lot less hungry.

I agree you could always increase your calories. However I don't think your body is still healing from the delivery to the point where it needs more calories than the average Jane 5weeks out