Anyone up for a challenge?

Options

Replies

• gameset
    gameset Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    No, i used to teach, and every so often i get the urge to start again- maybe i will sign on as a sub. Its just getting up in the am and getting the kids going etc...

I am commited to going for a walk as soon as i put my kids on the bus, and definately getting into the gym more often- 16 days and counting...

Welcome progress63!! Enjoy your vacation!!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I'm in, I joined an exersice challenge on the site recently, and I ended up being the only one posting everyone gave up within the week, that's not really motivating.

Goal number 1: exersice four-five times a week, once I've mastered this then I will add another goal.

Anne
  • gameset
    Options
    Good plan! welcome

I went out for dinner last night- not too bad food wise- had had waaay too much wine at that point to be hungry, shared dessert - 6 ways!! hooray. Also, i overslept and did not make it to cardio tennis..
    Peace out, will check in again soon.
  • deanea
    Options
    I am having trouble getting motivated today but the master of the post (gameset) checking in on us has remotivated me. I will finish my coffee and pull my self together, I'll feel bad now not doing anything.....thanks gameset

Anne
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Saturday update...

Went to the farmer's market this morning and bought some yummy peaches!

I just finished BL Cardio Max Level 1... I had planned to walk, but it's humid outside today so I decided to do something indoors. It kicked my butt! I will probably take a short walk after dinner tonight and do 25 push ups.

Gameset... What's cardio tennis? Is it just really fast paced drills? I love drills more than actually playing!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!
  • shawley10
    shawley10 Posts: 1
    Options
    how do you guys get the weight loss tracker icon??? and i want to join too :)
  • deanea
    Options
    Goal: workouts 4-5 days a week

Saturday:

25 minute biking
    20 minutes weights

Anne
  • deanea
    Options
    how do you guys get the weight loss tracker icon??? and i want to join too :)

go under tools it's called a weight loss ticker
  • gameset
    Options
    You guys are keeping me motiveted too- i was tossing up between a walk and a nap.... and the WALK won!!!
    Saturday update: walked 1 hr, drank most of my water, and ate wisely!! Even have calories over for dessert- Strawberries and biscotti are calling me...

Natalie, cardio tennis is AWESOME!!!! They run a bunch of drills, really fast paced, and depending on who is taking it, sometimes you do strenghth training segments in between, or run around the court in between each shot. Its killer! you burn up to 800 calories in anhour!!!
  • deanea
    Options
    Rested today, didn't join challenge until end of this week, so was shy of my goal.
    Next week goal 4-5 days exersice

Anne
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Totally excited! I would love to join your challenge group..some weeks I do well and some I fall short (like last week)

My weekly goals:

EXERCISE
    elliptical: X5 for 60 minutes
    strength training: x4 for 30 minutes

FOOD
    (have to add this as this is where I most fail)
    consume alloted calories: X6

Do you have a thread started on the board for everyone to post to?

:happy: Gina
  • natalie424
    Options
    I'm down a pound since last Monday! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I finally reached my first mini-goal of 10 lbs. I'm so excited!

Today I walked about 2.5 miles with a friend. The pace wasn't as fast as when I am alone... we had her baby and her dog with us. But we were moving and catching up... so I can't complain.

I may play tennis tonight with another friend... I had an injured foot last summer and didn't play at all... So I haven't played since the summer before last.... I hope I can keep up with her! Doesn't matter... I will burn lots of calories!
  • gameset
    Options
    no- i don't know how to do that- post a thread that is- help please
  • gameset
    Options
    okay so Sunday was a bust- lets not talk about it too much...
    Monday: i am playing a big match tonight- wish me luck...
    Welcome Gina!!

Way to go Natalie- 10lbs- whoo hooo:flowerforyou:
  • gameset
    Options
    okay so Sunday was a bust- lets not talk about it too much...
    Monday: i am playing a big match tonight- wish me luck...
    Welcome Gina!!

Way to go Natalie- 10lbs- whoo hooo:flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    Options
    Goal 4-5 days exersice

Monday 45 minutes walk/run intervals

Anne
  • watermelon
    watermelon Posts: 76
    Options
    ME tooo.. me tooo ....me too please i wana do the challenge as well...:smile:
  • natalie424
    Options
    WELCOME! :flowerforyou:

Gameset... good luck on your match tonight! Let us know how it goes. :smile:
  • gameset
    Options
    i lost 3-6 2-6, although my net play rocked. Now, if only i could get my serves right...:grumble:

We played 2 hours, and i am sooooo tired, but good tired. Drank all my water, ate beautifully today, hooray for me!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Hey watermelon! just tell us your goals and check back in often!

If anyone knows how to start a thread, help me do that, or tell me how or whatever. WHat is the point of starting a thread?

See y'all tomorrow
    Brenda:drinker:
  • northernmama705
    Options
    So my goal is to fit in my 5-6 workouts this week DESPITE being in the middle of a move. We take possession of our new digs on Thurs. but I managed to get to the gym this a.m!

The goals for the remainder of the week:

I have an appointment with my trainer Tues. and Wed.
    I will work out at 6:30 a.m. on Thursday prior to the move.
    I will take Friday as a rest day to soak in the new house and rest my sore muscles from lifting all these boxes and furniture!!!

I will do my best in the eating department, despite having packed up the kitchen by end of day Tues.
    I will drink my water

Looking forward to getting this hectic week over and getting settled!!