Who seen it first????

Options
Who was the first one to see that your body was changing was it you? Was it a co worker? Your spouse? Who made you feel good by noticing the difference you have taken so long to change??????????

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    So far, noone that doesn't know about my weightloss, has said anything. :sad:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I saw it in my face first but then right after that (within a week) two other people said something.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    definitely the spouse----

Its interesting to note though that even after losing 90 pounds, people still don't say anything----strangest thing.
  • authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    I have lost 20 pounds and no one has noticed yet :-(
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I could really see it in my face at first and then slowly people started noticing it at the office and then my fiance did.
    My favorite was the other day: "Damn Baby, you look so good and so much healthier! Get over here!"
    That was the best!! :heart:
  • ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My hubby noticed but possibly because I kept nagging him to tell me if he noticed a difference, but the first awesome reaction was my mother-in-law who kept gushing how great I looked. Honestly, that was 3 weeks ago and has kept me motivated on the days when I don't feel like running. I loved the reaction! Seeing her again next weekend and I'm hoping for a similar reaction on how well I've been doing. :)
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    noone at all that sees me on a regular basis, so I was kinda bummed.......however, my sister in law, that I rarely get to see, noticed right away. It felt great! I do wish someone else would say something though..lol....
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I believe it was my boss.... he said he noticed my weight loss then asked me if I was sick and was going to be able to continue to do my job.
    LOL
    Nice of him to be concerned, but wasn't exactly the sort of positive feedback I would have hoped for!
  • anikkim0915
    anikkim0915 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My Best Friends husband who I havent seen in a few months walked in and said "Damn Have you lost weight??" I laughed and said yes... 30 lbs... he said "well you look REAL good" His wife smaked him.. I laughed.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    So far my spouse was the first, but I don't know if that was just encouraging me . . .

Then I was thrilled when my trainer at the gym said she saw me coming towards her and had to look twice to make sure it was me.

A couple coworkers have been encouraging, but they also knew that I was trying . ..

But last week a friend that I only see every couple of weeks at homeschool events said, "You are looking great, have you been exercising and stuff?" That was the one that made my day.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend noticed when I was getting ready to shower... it was great! :)
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I think my hubby noticed my face thin out first.

I was a little bummed out because early on everyone noticed his weight loss but not mine. Coworkers and my own parents immediately could tell that he had lost but never mentioned that I did.
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    It was a co-worker for me. She works from home a lot and she came in one day and stopped me in the hall and told she thought I looked great.
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options

Its interesting to note though that even after losing 90 pounds, people still don't say anything----strangest thing.

I've caught this too. Even after 70lbs people either don't notice, or I think they don't want to notice. Some people have an issue with seeing people do well.
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I noticed myself first because I am the one looking all the time. And then FINALLY about a month ago, someone said, "Have you lost weight?" YAAAAYYYY! It is kind of embarrassing but I figure, you know what? I worked really hard and I am actually super excited that someone noticed.

Maybe some people don't say anything or think it may be rude? IDK

I think that if you notice someone has lost weight, it should be recognized because it makes that person feel good that all their hard work is paying off!!
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My spouse always notices first :x He's a busy body
    hahahaha
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    I walked by a large mirror in a store and had to stop and walk back to it when I wasn't sure I recognized my own face! '

A week later my 8 year old daughter said that I was getting more beautiful everyday she came home from school and she thought it was because 'the puffiness was melting away with the snow'.

My husband has been noticing all along but he was telling me I wasn't fat when I was clearly, fat. So what he says hasn't really changed the way I see myself. LOL Love really is blind...most the time.
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    After I lost ten pounds, I mentioned I hadn't noticed a change. My fiance said he saw it. Then while I was at work, two of my co-workers said that they noticed too. So that was nice!
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options

I've caught this too. Even after 70lbs people either don't notice, or I think they don't want to notice. Some people have an issue with seeing people do well.

I think that's unfortunate. A friend of mine lost weight last summer and when she came to visit, I couldn't get over how great she looked -- and I told her so lol. I don't know if it's a combination of people not wanting to be rude and not wanting to see others succeed. It's sad.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!