Who seen it first????

Options

Replies

• roselynsy
    roselynsy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    no one that dose not know im losing has said i thing. my partner sasy he can see a difference but im not even sure if i do
  • DanieGirl74
    DanieGirl74 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A friend who told me I looked really good. Spouse only noticed after I pointed it out to him.
  • dirtyblue
    dirtyblue Posts: 90
    Options
    My husband was poking at my butt while laying on the couch and he noted that it didn't jiggle anymore (maybe not as much, but it still jiggles) :laugh: A coworker stoped me the other day and asked if I was loosing weight also :smile: And my 19 year old son who goes to the gym everyday said that I was looking much thinner and tighter :wink:
  • DOTY1
    DOTY1 Posts: 97
    Options
    Aww thanks so much for sharing....... Im sorry for those of you who said that no one has noticed. That would make me sad. I hope everyone keeps up with the good work. Stay strong and positive. :smile:
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    i think i have to say it was me, last night!!! although i haven't lost a huge amount of weight i commented to my other half jokingly that either the girls were getting bigger or i had lost weight cos i had just caught myself in the mirror and my proportions looked different, i stepped on the scales this morning and have lost although i only weighed myself on tuesday so i am aware it could just be a fluctuation i'm staying positive cos they haven't said that number for quite a while lol. i think its because i have upped my water intake quite a bit
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I noticed first but soon after, my sons basket ball coaches said that they noticed that I lost weight in my face and legs! Happy to hear I say, cuz I've literally been melting in front of my class mates but i guess they dont me well enough and probably don't want to insult me. lol... 1 more pound to go Yay!!!!!
  • theTupper
    theTupper Posts: 27
    Options
    I don't hear it from people who see me regularly. Maybe for the same reason I have trouble seeing it in myself. They see the gradual change and get used to it. People I see every couple weeks though? They say things for sure!
  • LilyBugsMommy
    LilyBugsMommy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have had people who haven't seen me for a little while say something like, wow, you are losing weight, you look good. But the people I see everyday, like at work, they don't say anything. Sometimes I think they are looking at me like maybe there is something different, but they can't put their finger on it, lol.

I am not surprised about the people that I see everyday though, because I can't "see" a difference yet my self. I feel different, but I don't see a difference yet. I hope this goes away as I lose more weight. My husband does say that he notices, but like a previous poster said, love is blind, lol! He always says I look great :)
  • anemoneflynn
    Options
    I'd been at this for about a month and only lost a couple pounds when my grandmother asked me if I was losing weight. She said she could see it on my face. She's pretty familiar with the fact that I wanted to lose some, and she keeps an eye on my cousin who's also trying, so she was probably extra-sensitive. No one else has really said anything. Every time I tell my husband that I think I've lost some and my clothes feel better, he just says 'huh, that's interesting.' >.< Boys!

Edit: I don't mean to imply he's not supportive, but he knows that my mother has been pretty hard on me my whole life, even when I wasn't very overweight, and so he doesn't want to become someone who only appreciates me for my fitness! :-D Sad thing is, my mother was pretty much right all those years, she just was so consistently on my case that it was pretty emotionally hurtful.
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'd been at this for about a month and only lost a couple pounds when my grandmother asked me if I was losing weight. She said she could see it on my face. She's pretty familiar with the fact that I wanted to lose some, and she keeps an eye on my cousin who's also trying, so she was probably extra-sensitive. No one else has really said anything. Every time I tell my husband that I think I've lost some and my clothes feel better, he just says 'huh, that's interesting.' >.< Boys!

Edit: I don't mean to imply he's not supportive, but he knows that my mother has been pretty hard on me my whole life, even when I wasn't very overweight, and so he doesn't want to become someone who only appreciates me for my fitness! :-D Sad thing is, my mother was pretty much right all those years, she just was so consistently on my case that it was pretty emotionally hurtful.

My fiance gives the, "I'm proud of you" response, which is nice, but like you said -- boys! :P Though yesterday he said my pants were too loose in the butt and he didn't like it lol. I told him proudly that it was because they're getting too big!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20 pounds and no one has noticed yet :-(

I notice when people lose weight but don't say anything until they've lost a lot. My decision has a lot to do with my mother in law. Everytime she sees me, which is about 2-3 times a year, she'd ask me if I lost weight. Even when I hadn't. I figure she either does it because that's her BS way of trying to seem nice, or what I consider more likely, in her head I'm a lot fatter than I realy am. So every time she actually sees me I look thinner than she thought I was. Either way I find it annoying. And I don't want to irritate other people by doing the same thing. So I keep my mouth shut.

Just because people don't say anything doesn't mean they haven't noticed. What's more important though is if you notice. And you have, right? I don't have to see you to know your face looks thinner. Don't you smile more? Sit up a little taller? Have you ever seen what 20 pounds of fat looks like? Google it if you haven't. That's all gone from you! That's amazing! And YOU did that!
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    A woman at the salon who I see about every 6 weeks was the first (and only, so far) person to notice that I've lost weight. Granted, it has not been very long, and I haven't lost much yet. I think it's hard for people who see you on a daily basis to notice because it's a gradual change. Also, like others have mentioned, I think some people think it's rude to comment on your weight because then the implication is, "I noticed you were fat before." I guess I understand this, but personally, I know I'm fat, and if someone thinks I look better now, then I'd love for them to tell me :).
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say it was my co-workers who first commented. They all knew I was working on it but it still was nice to hear a "you're melting away!" or similar every few months when I'd wear a new better fitting outfit. I think the 2nd best compliment was from DH's grandmother - she saw me in the parking lot at the grocery store but didn't even recognize me until I came up to her to say hi! Now THAT's a big compliment!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    my mom.

My dad saw before he left to Northern Cali for a month. I can't wait to see him when he gets back...it should def be more noticeable than when he last saw me.
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    Sometimes people don't like to say anything, even if they do notice, so don't get discouraged!

I noticed first, because my clothes started fitting better. Then one of my "pool pals" told me I "look like I'm slimming down"...made me feel great!
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    I saw my driving instructor once a week and she noticed the change. Than my friends eventually noticed. Finally my ex's family noticed when I met them and they saw me drop two stones. It was victory for me because I think they blame my weight for the fact my ex cheated on me. My friends also said I looked a lot prettier and younger too! Bonus! My family doesn't say a thing, they only know how to make a big fuss when I put on weight. Not a word about me losing.
  • Michelebecker
    Michelebecker Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    He wasn't the first, but it was the best! I ran into my ex-boyfriend of a year's cousin... and he said "Damn girl, look at you looking all hot and skinny. Have you been losing weight?" And I said, "Yes, yes I have... Tell your cousin!" That comment has kept me going for weeks!
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    I was in my friends house and a visitor that came to the house said "God, have you lost a lot of weight?" It was the best feeling in the world!! I hadnt seen this person in over a year and had lost just over a stone!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    The guys at work noticed first...and then my mom noticed right after...she said she wants to be as skinng as me for my wedding (I`m 180lbs, far from skinny)
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The girls at work noticed first but they new I was beginning my diet, but the first person to notice I was losing weight was a customer at teh bank I work at!! Felt Awesome!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!