What is your Why moment/reason for Joining My Fitness Pal?

Options
I joined because I needed support, I needed to regain me; I was tired of hearing, "You are a big guy and 300lbs looks good on you, you don't need to lose anymore weight!"

:happy:

Replies

• skyski_tige
    skyski_tige Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I joined because I needed a way to track my calories consumed vs calories burned while traveling. I have not really used the 'network' for support.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I hit a weight on the scale that: 1. I had never ever been before, and 2. I told myself If I ever got to said weight I would need to kick it in gear.

I really should have never let myself get that bad. I think I needed that really scary weight to kick it in gear....bad excuse but here I am
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I hit a weight on the scale that: 1. I had never ever been before, and 2. I told myself If I ever got to said weight I would need to kick it in gear.

I really should have never let myself get that bad. I think I needed that really scary weight to kick it in gear....bad excuse but here I am
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I joined to track calories. I was on here for quite some time before I realized how useful this site really was.
  • promiseskept
    Options
    I had lost ten pounds but it took me forever and I didn't know what I was doing wrong so I thought if I monitored my food on here, I will figure it out..I have shed 18 more since then. (In 3 months) I am glad I decided to check it out!
  • LauraRhodes0902
    LauraRhodes0902 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I quit WW and joined here because it's free and so much better than WW.com!!!
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    Options
    I joined because I need additonal support and I love that I can track my calories and exercise calories too. I am currently on a weight loss program and attend weekly meetings but needed more. This site has givin me the motivation and support needed.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I got tired of not being able to do the active things I wanted to do because I was so out of shape, or my knees ached when I tried, or I lacked the confidence to try because of my weight. I'd started listening to the Fat 2 Fit Radio podcast. What they said made a lot of sense. They mentioned MFP in a podcast and I signed up. LOVE the accountability!
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I joined because I was trying to keep track of my food in a written journal, and after about 3 days felt discouraged and annoyed at the "work" of it all, let alone dragging a little notebook around with me all the time and having to do math! My daughter introduced me to this site - and the ease of tracking has translated into 145 days logged. The community became an added bonus.

Good luck!
  • NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    Options
    I found it via an unrelated forum I use.

I'd already decided I wanted to change my lifestyle, but didn't have any direction. MFP has helped immeasurably :smile:

I decided I wanted to change as I've started to think about having kids and I didn't want to bring them into a world of bad eating habits. It upset me quite a bit, so that's what I'm using as my motivation.
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    Options
    There's an App for it. LOL! I had wanted to lose weight for a long time but I found the iPhone app. It's so convenient that it gives me the discipline to keep at it. As do the vacation photos from last summer!
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I joined to track calories. I was on here for quite some time before I realized how useful this site really was.

the same :)
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Pictures from Christmas that looked like the "old me". Running and feeling very chubby and not feeling lean sides, but rather frumpy, chubby ones, having a chubby face and missing the slim one, clothes not fitting anymore, and finally a weight loss challenge with friends brought me here. Oh...and no money. It's free and thank God for that!
  • stitcherbeth
    Options
    I was down to one last pair of jeans that fit and those were getting too tight. I was determined to not buy any more clothes in a larger size. Also, I realized that this year would have a lot of special events like daughter's graduation, a trip to the beach, possible reunions. I did not want to be the one in the picture where people silently say. "Look how much weight she has put on since the last time I saw her." That was enough motivation for me. 6 pounds lost in 6 weeks, already some inches too, and still going strong.
  • cdemumbran32310
    cdemumbran32310 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I joined because I was told even on 150 mg of clomid i wasn't ovulating and figured if I lost 40 lbs i would have a better chance.
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I joined for two reasons:
    1. A friend of mine was on MFP, and she was doing great, and gave me motivation to lose weight
    2. I reached 309 pounds just before Christmas, and was just disgusted with who I was and who I had become.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    My zipper broke on my pants while at work. Talk about an eye opener :noway:
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I joined b/c my friend on another website said it was a good way to count calories, I had no idea what calories even were before i came on here lol. As Reba said, "I couldn't see spendin the rest of my life, with my head hung down in shame."
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I joined because I wanted to make a healthy lifestyle change. My aha moment was sometime last year while I was sitting rather uncomfortably on an airplane. Though I tried as best as I could to stay in my portion of the seat, and quite frankly, I did, though I was uncomfortable for the entire 5 hour flight, the ugliness that is the prejudice against fat people tends to have people sitting in airplane seats next to you do exactly the opposite - they take over as much of the seat as they can and then part of yours - just because they can. Anyway, I love to travel and I am not going to stop travelling because I'm uncomfortable because of my size. I was also tired of seeing pictures of me around family and I am huge compared to them. I weighed myself when I got home and realized I was the heaviest I have been in my entire life. I decided that The buck stops here, it's time to get healthy!
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    I heard about it through my health club. Been hooked ever since.