Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is your Why moment/reason for Joining My Fitness Pal?

I joined because I needed support, I needed to regain me; I was tired of hearing, "You are a big guy and 300lbs looks good on you, you don't need to lose anymore weight!"

:happy:

Replies

• skyski_tige
    skyski_tige Posts: 67 Member
    I joined because I needed a way to track my calories consumed vs calories burned while traveling. I have not really used the 'network' for support.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    I hit a weight on the scale that: 1. I had never ever been before, and 2. I told myself If I ever got to said weight I would need to kick it in gear.

I really should have never let myself get that bad. I think I needed that really scary weight to kick it in gear....bad excuse but here I am
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    I hit a weight on the scale that: 1. I had never ever been before, and 2. I told myself If I ever got to said weight I would need to kick it in gear.

I really should have never let myself get that bad. I think I needed that really scary weight to kick it in gear....bad excuse but here I am
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    I joined to track calories. I was on here for quite some time before I realized how useful this site really was.
  • I had lost ten pounds but it took me forever and I didn't know what I was doing wrong so I thought if I monitored my food on here, I will figure it out..I have shed 18 more since then. (In 3 months) I am glad I decided to check it out!
  • LauraRhodes0902
    LauraRhodes0902 Posts: 70 Member
    I quit WW and joined here because it's free and so much better than WW.com!!!
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    I joined because I need additonal support and I love that I can track my calories and exercise calories too. I am currently on a weight loss program and attend weekly meetings but needed more. This site has givin me the motivation and support needed.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    I got tired of not being able to do the active things I wanted to do because I was so out of shape, or my knees ached when I tried, or I lacked the confidence to try because of my weight. I'd started listening to the Fat 2 Fit Radio podcast. What they said made a lot of sense. They mentioned MFP in a podcast and I signed up. LOVE the accountability!
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    I joined because I was trying to keep track of my food in a written journal, and after about 3 days felt discouraged and annoyed at the "work" of it all, let alone dragging a little notebook around with me all the time and having to do math! My daughter introduced me to this site - and the ease of tracking has translated into 145 days logged. The community became an added bonus.

Good luck!
  • NicNac86
    NicNac86 Posts: 130
    I found it via an unrelated forum I use.

I'd already decided I wanted to change my lifestyle, but didn't have any direction. MFP has helped immeasurably :smile:

I decided I wanted to change as I've started to think about having kids and I didn't want to bring them into a world of bad eating habits. It upset me quite a bit, so that's what I'm using as my motivation.
  • LaurieEReid
    LaurieEReid Posts: 273
    There's an App for it. LOL! I had wanted to lose weight for a long time but I found the iPhone app. It's so convenient that it gives me the discipline to keep at it. As do the vacation photos from last summer!
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    I joined to track calories. I was on here for quite some time before I realized how useful this site really was.

the same :)
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Pictures from Christmas that looked like the "old me". Running and feeling very chubby and not feeling lean sides, but rather frumpy, chubby ones, having a chubby face and missing the slim one, clothes not fitting anymore, and finally a weight loss challenge with friends brought me here. Oh...and no money. It's free and thank God for that!
  • I was down to one last pair of jeans that fit and those were getting too tight. I was determined to not buy any more clothes in a larger size. Also, I realized that this year would have a lot of special events like daughter's graduation, a trip to the beach, possible reunions. I did not want to be the one in the picture where people silently say. "Look how much weight she has put on since the last time I saw her." That was enough motivation for me. 6 pounds lost in 6 weeks, already some inches too, and still going strong.
  • cdemumbran32310
    cdemumbran32310 Posts: 102 Member
    I joined because I was told even on 150 mg of clomid i wasn't ovulating and figured if I lost 40 lbs i would have a better chance.
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    I joined for two reasons:
    1. A friend of mine was on MFP, and she was doing great, and gave me motivation to lose weight
    2. I reached 309 pounds just before Christmas, and was just disgusted with who I was and who I had become.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    My zipper broke on my pants while at work. Talk about an eye opener :noway:
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    I joined b/c my friend on another website said it was a good way to count calories, I had no idea what calories even were before i came on here lol. As Reba said, "I couldn't see spendin the rest of my life, with my head hung down in shame."
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    I joined because I wanted to make a healthy lifestyle change. My aha moment was sometime last year while I was sitting rather uncomfortably on an airplane. Though I tried as best as I could to stay in my portion of the seat, and quite frankly, I did, though I was uncomfortable for the entire 5 hour flight, the ugliness that is the prejudice against fat people tends to have people sitting in airplane seats next to you do exactly the opposite - they take over as much of the seat as they can and then part of yours - just because they can. Anyway, I love to travel and I am not going to stop travelling because I'm uncomfortable because of my size. I was also tired of seeing pictures of me around family and I am huge compared to them. I weighed myself when I got home and realized I was the heaviest I have been in my entire life. I decided that The buck stops here, it's time to get healthy!
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    I heard about it through my health club. Been hooked ever since.