To all you Cereal Eaters out there......

Options
12346»

Replies

• krise31
    krise31 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Cascandian Farms and Barbara's are good choices.

Barbara's Puffins in Peanut Butter and Chocolate are my fav!
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal/porridge. I buy quick oats and cook it with water (just 2 mins in the microwave), then stir through just a little milk when it's done. The great thing about porridge is you can really vary it. I usually stir in some kind of fruit (frozen rasberries or chopped banana or sultanas/raisins) and often also add some chopped walnuts. The fruit gives me enough fast energy for my cycle commute to work and the oats and nuts are quite high in protein to get me through the rest of the day.

If you're used to sweet cereals, you might like to try it with a little sugar to begin with (as brown sugar, honey, golden syrup or maple syrup) - at least you're in control of how much you add! Or perhaps a bit of fruit and maybe some cinnamon will be enough for you, like me!
  • shannon877
    shannon877 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You know, I enjoy Crunch Berries at night, as dessert. I figure that it's better than fighting cravings for sweets, and I at least get some protein from my Lactaid.
    LOL
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I love steel cut oats. Make my own from scratch with 1/2 soy milk and 1/2 water, sweetener. I add the blue berries just at the end. I make a big batch and just portion it out with a 1/4 c measuring scoop. Usually 3/4 c with 1 teas peanut or almond butter and sometimes a dash of cranberries. It stays with me through most of the morning!
  • littlewitchuk
    littlewitchuk Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am a huge coco pops addict. I need to find a replacement
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    My newest addiction of healthier cereals is Cascadian Farm Organic Multi-Grain Squares. Yum! Especially with blueberries.
  • michalita
    michalita Posts: 27
    Options
    Recently I've been doing 1/2 cup of plain Cheerios and a 1/2 cup of Fiber One Original bran cereal mixed together. Knocks out my fiber requirement for the day and really fills me up. That plus 1/2 cup of 1% milk is only about 160 calories. Add some fruit, and you've got a pretty decent breakfast!