Busted my 3 Month Plateau!!!! Here's How!

Options

Replies

• hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have been at my current weight for 2 years after losing 4 stone, all I seem to do is bat around 7lbs on/off .... I think it's time I get serious and shake it up too x
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    bumping for easy access!
  • cherbear7
    cherbear7 Posts: 37
    Options
    bump
  • missjaygraham87
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    If I can keep losing at this rate, I'll be at my goal weight by the start of summer, wouldn't that be amazing??? I can't wait to do a before and after picture with the bikinis I wore last summer. I was around 175 lbs when I wore them last summer...
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cangel81603
    cangel81603 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    BUMP..keeping this wonderful information around:) WTG girl!!
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Good detective work :smokin:
  • shababe2010
    shababe2010 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • traceyrbb
    traceyrbb Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    great advice and i think i'm going to need to use it soon....i've just changed up the way i was eating to a healthier way but i don't think i'm ever eating enough (although i feel like i am). so thank you for posting this and i will review it often!
  • amysambora
    amysambora Posts: 219
    Options
    Thank you SO much for sharing this, it's exactly what I need right now. I've been on a three month plateau too! Over the last couple of weeks I've been raising my calories from 1200-1400 to 1500-1700 and I've really changed up my workout regime, however I haven't seen any changes yet and just when I was thinking I should lower my calories back down...your post comes along and reminds me that I AM doing the right thing!!! I'll stick at it a while longer and hopefully will see these last few pounds shifting. Thanks again!!!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much for posting! Congrats on figuring it out and then sharing with the rest of us.

I have started to plateau as well -- actually the scale is bouncing up and down on me for the last couple of weeks. I'm still early in my weight loss, but I think it's a little too early for me to be plateau'ing. I'm not totally frustrated yet -- I will continue to do what I am doing and give it time. And if it doesn't work, then try something new.

Thanks again for posting!
  • heartpdx
    heartpdx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    awesome and inspiring...

i hit my first plateau this week and discovered some of the same things (blogged about it last night).

the best thing about MFP are posts like this....REAL information from people losing weight healthly and successfully.

you rock! best of luck on those last few pounds!
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    Bump
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Bump
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Amen! Exactly what I did last year when I hit mine!!! :happy: Changed my exercise from walking and some strength training to MORE strength training and running 3x/week in the morning and kept my walking 3x/week at night. Now I'm having to re-lose some of the inches I'd already lost because of a few bad months after summer but I'm smaller in my pants than I was last summer so I'll take it!!!

I just lost weight again for the first time since January because I couldn't get things figured out. Bad diet, too much sodium, and not enough cardio. Now I'm eating clean, watching my sodium, drinking 5 more cups of water than I was last year for my minimum, running a 5k once a week and doing hour cardio days on non-strength days and 45 minute strength workouts 3x/week. Feels great to be losing inches and weight! Hope it continues this week.
  • sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all these great tips! Congrats on breaking the plateau! It must have been very frustrating.
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    Im glad you finally broke through, that is wonderful, I know the feeling!
  • treena99
    treena99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Thanks for sharing!! Bump!! Bump!! Bump!!!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I've been losing it just from a 6 week plateau. This info will definitely help me!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!