Baby Names!

Options

Replies

• jessicajoy87
    Options
    First of all, CONGRATS! :happy:

Now...just remember you're naming someone who will be an adult for the vast majority of his life. Please, for his sake, don't name him a cute toddler name. lol I love Hunter but I feel bad for the grown-up Hunters. ;p

Slightly unique is good, too! But, I'm biased. ;)

I actually thought about this! LOL!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Ahh, my feelings are hurt talking about Kaiden being played out. For the record, we picked that name before we knew how popular it was. :) My son's name is Kaiden August, the August after his great grandpa Melvin August (see why we went with August?).

Kaiden means warrior! My son survived two brain surgeries, chemotherapy and radiation to defeat a nasty cancerous brain tumor! He is definitely a WARRIOR!!!

Oh and I like:
    Kai Logan for a boys name.

Awesome! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I am so glad to hear that!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Okay Eli and Dexter are getting the popular vote right now.

Dexter is a little weird I will admit and yes I love the show and that is where I got it from. I was also thinking with this name that it wasn't used alot and its a little unique and I think Dex is so cute.

I like Eli by itself. I don't like Elijah, there is already one in the family anyway.

Um, I saw alot of Harrison, Liam, and traditional boy names.

Keep posting! When I get a name picked I will let you know.

I will be honest Dexter has moved up on the list so anyone opposing this name better start listing! LOL!:wink:
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Raiden
    Cole
    Nathaniel
    Brayant
    Gavin
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Chad
    Dylan
    Mason
    Brandon
  • AmandaGuhh
    Options
    after my last boy... (and i mean VERY LAST forever) i wished i would have named him Jaxon or Jax.. so cute.. even Jackson would have worked.. just cute and fun and like a little man :)
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Gavin, Reese, Liam, Dante, Dimitri, Jayden.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    i also love the name jaxson ( hubby said no ) i thought jax was adorable. lol
  • MsKittyCAT
    MsKittyCAT Posts: 217
    Options
    I was the 3rd or 4th Michelle in every class so I prefer names that aren't so popular and might be more unique without looking made-up ridiculous. Dexter works for me, love the show. Some names I like for boys are Damon, Xander (short for Alexander), Julian, Luke, Shaun, Kyle, Travis, Heath, Chance, Garrett, Justin ... good luck and congratulations :)
  • Brucifer55
    Options
    Jason
    Benjamin
    Elliot
    Burl
    Julian
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    Ooooh, Onomastics (the study of names) is a hobby of mine! If I may ask, what are your other childrens' names? It's easier to make suggestions if I have an idea of your style and it's so lovely when sibling have complimentary names (I don't mean a theme, just juxtaposing styles and such)! Message me if you want, I'm a fountain of info on this topic. :laugh:

:heart: -- Juliet
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    IF I ever have children and it's a boy, I'll name him Dalton Francis.

and if his dad doesn't like it, that sucks for him! :laugh:
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Ooooh, Onomastics (the study of names) is a hobby of mine! If I may ask, what are your other childrens' names? It's easier to make suggestions if I have an idea of your style and it's so lovely when sibling have complimentary names (I don't mean a theme, just juxtaposing styles and such)! Message me if you want, I'm a fountain of info on this topic. :laugh:

:heart: -- Juliet

My first is Robert Mark- aka Mark, too many Roberts in the family,
    Second Gabriella Sunshine
    And Isabella Rose
  • BunnybeeJG
    BunnybeeJG Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I named my children very traditional names. Emily Alexandra, Jonathan Andrew and Jesse Thomas. I don't care for trendy names myself. There are several out there that I really like, I just wouldn't name my own children those. I really like the name Issac. Just make sure his initials don't spell out something weird like Timothy Issac Taylor, or Bradley Issac Baylor.

thats my boyfriends name... jesse... i love that name more than any name its a beautiful name. you should name your boy jesse. anytime anyone says it they wont be able to do anything but to smile... ;-)
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My son's name is Isaac. It's Hebrew for laughter. We were also big fans of the double-a and the nickname Ike (which he totally rocked before he got more conservative in his old age!)

Is Issac really an alternate spelling? I guess you can spell a kid's name any way you want but it seems like a typo to me. :indifferent:
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I named my children very traditional names. Emily Alexandra, Jonathan Andrew and Jesse Thomas. I don't care for trendy names myself. There are several out there that I really like, I just wouldn't name my own children those. I really like the name Issac. Just make sure his initials don't spell out something weird like Timothy Issac Taylor, or Bradley Issac Baylor.

thats my boyfriends name... jesse... i love that name more than any name its a beautiful name. you should name your boy jesse. anytime anyone says it they wont be able to do anything but to smile... ;-)

Actually Jesse is on my top names list I forgot about it!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    My son's name is Isaac. It's Hebrew for laughter. We were also big fans of the double-a and the nickname Ike (which he totally rocked before he got more conservative in his old age!)

Is Issac really an alternate spelling? I guess you can spell a kid's name any way you want but it seems like a typo to me. :indifferent:

I can't stand it when Isaac is spelled Issac! My husband middle name is Isaac and thats what he goes by and I hate it durning birthdays and Christmas when people spell his name wrong! Its in the bible!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    When I was looking for a boy's name, I would always put the word Dr. in front of it to see how it sounded (not that I necessarily wanted a Dr. in the family) but to see if it sounded professional if he decided to go that route when he is grown. We decided on Logan, but considered Harrison and Shane. Congrats...how exciting.
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    We did something similar with names. We did "Supreme Court Justice _____ Kensky presiding"....and also "And _____ Kensky wins the gold!" :)
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    When I was looking for a boy's name, I would always put the word Dr. in front of it to see how it sounded (not that I necessarily wanted a Dr. in the family) but to see if it sounded professional if he decided to go that route when he is grown. We decided on Logan, but considered Harrison and Shane. Congrats...how exciting.

Hmmmm?

Dr. Dexter Banta
    Dr. Eli "
    Dr. Jesse "
    Dr. Hunter "

LOL! They all sound weird!