Unconditional Support Group - April

Options

Replies

• Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I had a first Saturday that was good since being serious with my diet and exercise.

I did some yoga this morning, after that, we went for a walk downtown Ottawa (with the doggie) for about 45 minutes.

In the afternoon, it was a great sunny warm day, read all afternoon and chatted with my neighbor. Tomorrow is my day off. Hope to wake up later than this morning (doggie woke up early).

I Love Ottawa. My baby girl lives in Ottawa and I enjoy it so much when I visit. And Gatineau ... is that where there's that park that has Pink Lake in it is? I did some Geocaching and hiking there once and it was so beautiful. You live in a lovely area of our Canada.

I actually live in Gatineau, yes, the Pink lake is in the Gatineau Park very close to my place, can't wait for the snow to melt so we can go hike :)

Today is my off day, I weight myself this morning at 217 (1 pound less since Friday). Measurements didn't really change yet, but it's a work in progress :)
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Christine, Don't you just love this spring like weather? Man, I totally took advantage of it too. Got out into it as much as I could this weekend.

Temporalia, CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS!! Also, I'm hoping to head to Ottawa in May for a weekend to visit my daughter and to catch some of the Tulip Festival. Love it Love it.

Well, today is Monday and I have a day off. So of course that means I have a ton of stuff to do. Gotta get my computer fixed, gotta get some running around done for the hubby's company, gotta get some housework and laundry done, gotta take down the darn Christmas lights around my porch now that the weather is better, and my most favourite ... I gotta go to the dentist at 3 pm ... ugh, hate the dentist appointments, I'll never outgrow that.

Okay, on a side note. I’m sitting here on my computer and at the sliding door window beside me there’s this bird. It’s usually out at the front of my house but this morning it’s here beside me. For a few weeks now it has been fluttering against my window like it’s trying to get into my house. What’s with that?????? It’s too cute but I don’t get it.

21-bird_hitting_window.jpg
  • Temporalia
    Options
    The day started early, barely slept after 4am, major thunderstorm, couldn't even go for a run at 6am. I'm feeling sluggish now. Will run at the gym after work and do my weight training.

Magglett: thank you! i've been working hard.

Toronto is not my reward anymore, we had to cancel :( having a drink with friends is, now. I didn't drink any alcohol this weekend, had a slip at the chinese buffet but nothing compared to the usual.
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Well its Monday and in keeping with the laws of the universe everything that can go wrong has!!!! My 7am-3pm job has turned into a 5pm-11pm job but Ive been "assured that its only temporary" so that throws the house hold schedule for a giant loop. My hubby and I share one car and now we will be using twice as much gas...as he will have to go to school and his internship then drive home (its about 40 miles round trip) so that I can then leave and drive there all over again (well to work not school but in the same town). I wont be able to go to the gym, because I wont have time, I usually go in the morning before work because my hubby has to be at his internship two hours before I have to be at work. We dont have bussing for our school so my son has to be driven to all his track meets in or out of town and now seeing I will be at work I cant so Im going to have to beg another parent to do it...not my idea of a good time. Then my son is going on a volunteer trip this summer and we had made arrangements to pay for it in payments with it all being payed by May 1st...well they called and said he will be dropped if we dont get them more money within the next two days..so much for payments!! Still waiting for our taxes to come back because they were delayed..one of the forms we had to fill out couldnt be e-filed, so we had to mail them in..... Im on stress overload!!

In general not a good day!! Thanks for letting me vent!! Luv ya all!
  • Temporalia
    Options
    racergirl: sorry you have to deal with that...even temporary, it's must not be easy.

Yesterday, my workout week wasn't too clear, not it is. (Had a bad day, did walk 20 minutes, ate well, but didn't go to the gym).

So here it goes:

M: Walk 20 minutes
    T: C25K, Yoga
    W: Walk 30 min. with the dog, weight training and 20 minutes of cardio at gym
    Th: C25K, Walk 60 min at lunch with walking group
    F: Walk 30 min. with the dog, yoga, weight training at the gym and 20 minutes of cardio
    S: C25K, light Yoga
    Sunday: Off

This Saturday, I was suppose to be in Toronto, with this being cancelled, i'm going to my friend's place and we will be having a bbq, if weather is nice ride boggeys and have a drink (that will be my reward for two great weeks without fast food, alcohol, overeating).
  • magglett
    Options
    Dangit Dangit Dangit ... can you say PMS? I am such a moody wimpy whiney hungry hungry hippo!!! Hope I find the motivation to move my *kitten* a bit to make up for my after dinner munching.

iphonehungryhippoapp-icon.jpg
  • ladeb
    ladeb Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Dangit Dangit Dangit ... can you say PMS? I am such a moody wimpy whiney hungry hungry hippo!!! Hope I find the motivation to move my *kitten* a bit to make up for my after dinner munching.

If you haven't moved your *kitten* yet, consider it kicked by me - don't let life's regular stuff push you off your path to success!
  • magglett
    Options

If you haven't moved your *kitten* yet, consider it kicked by me - don't let life's regular stuff push you off your path to success!

LOL ... Thanks for the kick. I did get to it right after I posted this vent. I did a couple of miles of a walking DVD to warm up then tried out my new Beginners Kettlebell DVD ... I felt great afterwards and slept like a baby :smile:
  • Temporalia
    Options
    I'm in there with you PMS crap...and i'm at the end of my 2 week challenge and I can feel my control slipping away but I still can manage it, just more difficult. Now I have to think about the next one.......the next 2 week challenge...what will I get in the end...
  • magglett
    Options
    Today's mood is much better then yesterday's. I took a nice hour walk with my BFF after work and when I got home I had earned enough calories to enjoy some French Onion Soup along with my Fish & Veggies dinner. Mmmmmmm ... it was sooooo good. Hope you're all doing well. I'll be on call for the next couple of days. My BFF is having laser eye surgery done tomorrow. It's very exciting, she's had to wear glasses since she was 2 years old and now she should only need readers if anything. I'll just be keeping her company tomorrow evening so she doesn't get too bored while she regains some focus and then we'll head out on Saturday for a follow up to be sure everything is going as planned. Well, that's enough jibber jabber for now ... I find I get chatty in the spring ... I always feel so good this time of year ... talk to you all again soon.
  • magglett
    Options
    372402.gif
  • magglett
    Options
    As expected ... I'm feeling pretty rough this morning after last night's binge-fest. :sick: Serves me right!!! I'll be good today, I promise. Happy Weekend everyone!
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Working nights is going to kill me I swear!! Im not getting enough sleep and my eating habits are going south quick..... This was supposed to be temporary, but its going on week three, I want my day shift back!!
  • Temporalia
    Options
    I had cheese yesterday,. yeah...killer...stomach pain and i'm getting acid reflux again...finished my Nexium last Friday...seeing my doctor on the 28.

Was not too good with food, ate better today so far :)
  • magglett
    Options
    Working nights is going to kill me I swear!! Im not getting enough sleep and my eating habits are going south quick..... This was supposed to be temporary, but its going on week three, I want my day shift back!!

I hope time goes by really fast and things get back to normal for you really soon.
  • magglett
    Options
    I had cheese yesterday,. yeah...killer...stomach pain and i'm getting acid reflux again...finished my Nexium last Friday...seeing my doctor on the 28.

Was not too good with food, ate better today so far :)

Cheese is evil. I really love it but man oh man it doesn't love me. It's so hard to digest. My friend told me today about tofu and soy cheese. I haven't seen that but I'll be going shopping with her soon to get some and try it out. I find a lot of things I really like aren't easy for me to digest like pizza, cheese, or pork or red wine. Sucks!!
  • magglett
    Options
    It's been a dreary rainy grey doll drum kind of weekend ... definitely not hiking weather. I didn't get much exercise at all. I'm giving a ghost tour tonight which will give me a nice walk ... if the weather allows it to happen. It's an outdoor tour and earlier today we actually had some pretty heavy winds and snow flurries ... YUCK!!! If it gets cancelled for some reason I’ll have to grab one of my exercise DVDs and get my bootie shaking. Hope everything is going well for you all. Talk to you again soon.
  • Temporalia
    Options
    Good morning!!

Stomach is still upset with me....Going to the hospital tomorrow to get some blood drawn and tested for a potential bacterial issue in my stomach.

Did sleep in this morning, job stress related issue kept me in bed because I didn't sleep well (waiting for news for a potential new job and I will need to move on really short notice).

Workout this week will look like that:
    Monday: C25K week 4 and strenght training at gym
    Tuesday: walk 30 minutes am with dog and then an hour at lunch time
    Wednesday: C25K with dog, some cardio at the gym and strenght training too.
    Thursday: walk 30 minutes am with dog and then an hour at lunch time
    Friday: C25K with dog, strenght training at the gym
    Saturday: walk with the dog and if it's nice outside, probably something longer with bf :)
    Sunday: day off

Still haven't figure my two week plan...nothing special happening until may 7th plus with all those stomach issue, it's going to be interesting trying to unbloat....seeing doctor next week, hope we can find something to make me comfortable.
  • magglett
    Options
    Dreary yucky weather ... too much work at work ... what's the right thing to do? Well book a spa day of course. I just booked a spa day for this Sunday with my daughter. Swimming pool, hot tub, aromatherapy massage, and then a three course healthy lunch in our fluffy bathrobes ... OMG ... I'm so excited ... OMG OMG OMG ... It's going to be the bestest Mommy/Daughter day ever!!!
  • profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    Options
    Sounds like a wonderful day to spend with your daughter! A great "YOU" day. Enjoy every moment of it. I have not been good at all and I feel so bad about it. I have been eating all things bad, feeling all bloated and full, and not even enjoying it. I woke up today saying I would start fresh again and so far breakfast was a success. The weather is sort of dreary and rainy so I will do some exercising inside. the treadmill is so boring, but i'll deal with it. wow, i am complaining a lot. sorry! have a good wednesday!