Not a dating site?....... Well I think not......

Options
Still_Sossy
Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
I want to point out that there has been a lot of posts complaining about this site not being a social or dating site. I personally know of 3 friends who have gotten together because of this site. I am sure there are a lot of connections I do not know about. One friend is so freaking happy to have this person in their life, it is a beautiful thing to see people happy and find someone that gives them that wonderful feeling. Yes we may have come here for weight loss support but if someone finds more, then I think that is wonderful. I just want to say friendship, courtship and relationships and even love all have a funny way of coming in surprising places and packages. :bigsmile:

Replies

• CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    common goals!!!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    YEP YEP YEP.... **nods emphatically**
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I agree, with you whole heartedly, although I am a happily married man, as some of you may know, the friendships I have formed are amazing. However, my wife and I did meet via Myspace, back when myspace was cool.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Mrs_McFadden Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Sos, I for one, think that one purpose and intent is the way we should treat everything. Your *kitten* is only for sitting! Nothing else! This site is only for srs bsns nothing else! We can only talk about our periods and how we are fatter and turn into uber gluttons during that time of the month around here! Here here!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT point my dear! :)
  • SpartanHard
    SpartanHard Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am in complete concurrence
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    2 of my good friends meet here, got married and are expecting their first baby in June!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I want to point out that there has been a lot of posts complaining about this site not being a social or dating site. I personally know of 3 friends who have gotten together because of this site. I am sure there are a lot of connections I do not know about. One friend is so freaking happy to have this person in their life, it is a beautiful thing to see people happy and find someone that gives them that wonderful feeling. Yes we may have come here for weight loss support but if someone finds more, then I think that is wonderful. I just want to say friendship, courtship and relationships and even love all have a funny way of coming in surprising places and packages. :bigsmile:

Well said!!
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i can totally see people getting together because of this site. the thought of finding a person who understands everything you went through or are going through is very appealing. i am lucky enough to have that person pre-mfp, but he has joined me on here, and it's like we have a whole other connection added to our relationship. such as, i tell him about all the yummy food i have been making, and he moans and groans cause he can't have it. we unfortunetly do not live near each other. wish they would hurry up and come up with transport beams so i can send him my food!!! haha
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    DOH!
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Although I agree somewhat I have noticed some trolling...those are people who are hitting up women more for want of hook up rather than support. That kind of makes me ill. But if you friend someone and find that you have a lot in common and you choose to date or you happen to fall in love its all gravy! Good for you. But if you happen to be a troll. ew, just ew.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I agree 110%. We come here for support... that starts friendships and perhaps something more. That is great! I'm all for LOVE no matter WHERE it is found. :heart:
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I am married, but I met a friend on here (female), and we now meet about once a week to walk/run. She introduced me to my new workout regime, ChaLEAN Extreme, which I just finished the first week of, and I am SORE.:sad:

I LOVE this site for all of its positivity (not to mention at times hilarity)! Good post!:wink:
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    This site is all things to all people that is why this site is so awesome.

Long live MFP... :glasses:
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    :happy: Awwww! There's nothing like a happily ever after ending :heart:
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    If it happens, it happens. I don't think others should have an opinion on whether they think this was the correct "place" to find someone. Good for your friends! I hope they're happy together for the rest of their lives. :drinker:
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I personally know of 3 friends who have gotten together because of this site.

You've peaked my curiosity. Did they have a 3-way relationship together? Or did two of them date; break up, than one dated another? :wink: lol. I agree with you! I think with how much time we all spend on here, it is just as common to meet someone here as we would at work or the gym.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    common goals!!!

Exactly! It's bound to happen when you start chattin with your pals on the site. And with a likelihood of multiple things in common, why not?

But if it's the *only* reason you're here, then there are certainly other sites for that.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    This site is all things to all people that is why this site is so awesome.

Long live MFP... :glasses:

Amen!