can men and women...

Options

Replies

• california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I absolutely think so, but if one person has feelings beyond friendship for the other than it is doomed.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    This question comes up from time to time with some insisting it isn`t possible and others disagreeing.

If a woman wants a best girlfriend she probably should be looking for another woman to be that,if she wants a guy friend then she should understand that he probably will have a certain romantic desire at some point but it doesn`t mean he will ever act on it or suggest it.

If a guy is looking for a pal or a bud then it is best he find a guy for that and also understand that a lady who wants to be friends probably does just want to be friends so enjoy the enlightenment she can provide as far as a womans point of view on things.

Cuz your bestest friend is female, huh??? :bigsmile:

:drinker: :love:
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Most of my friends are male, and I've only slept with (or would be willing to sleep with) a small percentage of them. Most of them are like brothers to me, and the thought of boning just feels wrong....so to answer your question, absolutely yes!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I find my male friends much more loyal than the female ones. We moved out of London 4 years ago and have kept in touch with all my male friends, but not a single one of my female ones, now we aren't nearby. On the other hand I have made a lot of female friends where we live now, but no male ones. My male friends are more for life.
  • Carl01
    Options
    Most of my friends are male, and I've only slept with (or would be willing to sleep with) a small percentage of them. Most of them are like brothers to me, and the thought of boning just feels wrong....so to answer your question, absolutely yes!

That makes a good point about being lovers as well as friends.
    Most ladies say they want their guy to be their best friend but if that happens isn`t it true the passion sort of ends?
    The brother feeling.

Sorry,kind of a hijack question. :embarassed:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. My coworker and I. But she is also from Hawaii so us hooking up is illegal in all states except west Virginia.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm about as in touch with my sensitive side as just about any completely and 100% straight guy as you'll ever come across, but I'll let you in on a secret that guys will deny. A guy is lying if he has been friends with you for longer than 5 minutes (usually less) and says he hasn't already wondered what it would be like to hit that, however brief that thought is.

Then and only then can he move on to a platonic relationship. Depending on the guy involved, this cycle may reoccur anywhere from ZERO times to DAILY from then on...again, however brief the thought.

Sorry but it's in our jeans. Oops, sorry my bad, I meant *genes*. :noway:
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    I have many male friends, we can joke and tease around and not feel insulted. I have many female friends too, but not many who are single. The good female friends are usually married or have a serious relationship. I don't know why, single women willing to do outdoors activities or sports, etc are extremely difficult to find...

If a guy falls into the "friends" list, he cannot come out of it... Once I think of him as just a friend, no matter what, he'll stay there. And no, I don't sleep with male friends -can share the same bed but no touching.
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options

That makes a good point about being lovers as well as friends.
    Most ladies say they want their guy to be their best friend but if that happens isn`t it true the passion sort of ends?
    The brother feeling.

Sorry,kind of a hijack question. :embarassed:

Not the case for me and my husband. I DEFINITELY don't see him as a brother, but he is my best friend :smooched: . If you're a lover AND a friend with someone, you might as well call yourselves a couple.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Definitely. Most of my friends are guys.
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    This is silly. Of course they can. I tend to have more female friends than male.
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Of course they can be. But there is always the thought way in the back of your skull wondering if there is more. Most of us have enough respect not to press the issue though and not hurt our friends.

Right, exactly. Well said! These thoughts are not usually all-consuming nor do most of us allow it to surface to the the point of being disrespectful, hurting anybody's feelings, or affecting the relationship in any* negative way. They just flash in our brain, then they're gone.

What exactly was the original question again? Heheh ... Yes, Men & Women can* successfully maintain a platonic relationship. But guys will inevitably go there in their head, now and then. If they're gentlemen, you'll never know they 'flashed'.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Of course they can be. But there is always the thought way in the back of your skull wondering if there is more. Most of us have enough respect not to press the issue though and not hurt our friends.

Right, exactly. Well said! These thoughts are not usually all-consuming nor do most of us allow it to surface to the the point of being disrespectful, hurting anybody's feelings, or affecting the relationship in any* negative way. They just flash in our brain, then they're gone.

What exactly was the original question again? Heheh ... Yes, Men & Women can* successfully maintain a platonic relationship. But guys will inevitably go there in their head, now and then. If they're gentlemen, you'll never know they 'flashed'.

Curious, because women never have carnal thoughts about their male friends. angel4.gif
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • darkrider42
    Options
    Curious, because women never have carnal thoughts about their male friends. angel4.gif

Well, to read many of the female responses here, they don't...not all, but most.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options

This.
  • Carl01
    Options

I know. sad030.gif
  • mariatri
    mariatri Posts: 15
    Options
    i don't think so
  • tammy200678
    tammy200678 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I think so I get along better with guys than girls alot of the time
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    I am gonna say no. USUALLY one or the other wants more than friendship. This doesn't include couple friends. I am talking single guy single girl .. Or one in a relationship and one single