how are YOU LOSING WEIGHT?

Options
2»

Replies

• neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    At first I had to get my mind in order I couldnt just drop from 2500+ cal a day to 1200 so I dropped it slowly and I can honestly say this has worked wonders because in the past I would have given up. Also if i had a bad day id immediatley give up, but not anymore, ive come to far !!. So first off your mind set needs to be right.

I started by walking 30 mins at least everyday, I could do more but I would often do to much, so gave myself the challenge of consistently exercising but making it something achieveable, since then ive progressed to doing the 30 DS and the C25K programme.

Nothing food wise is really out of bounds for me but I try and choose the healthier options and eat out less. I make sure I'm sticking within my goals except maybe protein and really keep an eye on the sodium im consuming. Ive also been drinking nothing but water for 4 weeks and have seen a lot of improvments.

Wish you all the best in your weightloss ! :)
  • FitCoachBecky
    Options
    I've lost about 15 pounds in 8 weeks doing TurboFire, which is a high-intensity cardio program. It's been a lot of fun! I've got a really active message board going, which anyone can join for a little motivation and information about getting fit. Check it out if you'd like some fitness buddies :)

http://teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/99470085?_19_delta=20&_19_keywords=&_19_advancedSearch=false&_19_andOperator=true&cur=4
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    I learned to choose healthier foods, more appropriate portions, and walked my *kitten* off!!!

Buy the picture yes you are and congrats on that!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I had to way down on my eating! Before I started to lose weight, i decided to count the calories in my breakfast and it was close to 1000 calories :noway:
    Now I stick to 1600 calories a day and I workout 4 times a week for no longer than an hour but I workout hard!
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The combo of MFP and Curves is working for me so far. Also, I only drink water with the exception of two cups of coffee every morning. Once in awhile I'll have a vitamin water zero. I'm learning portion control. That's been a huge factor in my weight loss. I'm learning that I don't need to eat alot of something in order to enjoy it. I've cut way back on sugar and I always get at least 7-8 hours of sleep. Best of luck to you!
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    Options
    I'll tell you once I start losing! LOL. Good luck on your journey and great job everyone!
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    controlling portion size, concentrating on nutrient-dense foods, cutting back on processed foods, thinking of food as fuel for my body instead of just yummy stuff to "make me feel good" (yeah, that was working in the short-term only!), letting myself have an 80/20 rule where i let 20% or less of my food be not-as-healthy choices so i never feel deprived or like i need to binge, cutting myself some slack when i need to, finding physical activities that i actually enjoy (walking, running, hiking, yoga), learning to love myself despite my flaws, being open to the process and all that there is to learn along the way, and MOST importantly, having PATIENCE! :)

Good luck with your healthy-eating plan! :)
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Whole grains, lean protein, good fats, veggies/fruits in liberal quantities and workout 5 days a week or more. I also watch my sodium intake and increased my potassium/calcium intake significantly.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Eating 5 - 6 smaller, balanced meals every day (think protein, complex carbs and healthy fats), doing strength training (no. 1) and cardio (no. 2), drinking lots of water, stressing less and getting adequate sleep.

That about sums it up.
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I cut out carbs at every opportunity that I have.

That's the basis of all of my diets.

Except when I bulk, then I just eat 4-5,000 calories a day.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I've always eaten really nutrient-dense and healthy foods, and I've always walked between 30 minutes and an hour a day. It just wasn't enough. To lose weight:

+I'm tracking calories (in & out), measuring portions, and researching the best eating-out options if I'm at a restaurant
    +I joined a gym with my hubby and we go together 4 or 5 times a week. I go by myself another time or two, but having the "buddy" really keeps me accountable and motivated.

It's really that simple, I guess. I'm eating less & moving more. Duh.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I log in EVERY.SINGLE.DAY follow the mfp calorie recomendations and record my food faithfully.I Workout 1-2 hours a day 6 days a week and usually have 1 cheat evening per week.

So far for the last 14 months this has worked for me.
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    I live a primal lifestyle and do weit training and cardio 3x a week at the gym. Other then that just good choices.
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    CUTTING CALORIES AND WORKING OUT. I TRY TO EXERCISE 5-7 X PER WEEK, I EAT 6 TO 9 SERVINGS OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES, I EAT LEAN PROTEIN AND TRY CONSUME ONLY THE GOOD FAT IE: OLIVE OIL, COCOUNUT OIL, NUTS, AVACADOS....
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I'm trying really hard to eat more whole "clean" foods and fewer processed foods. I try to plan as much in advance as possible and log it so I can see where I am with all of the nutritional categories.

I make sure I eat the calorie goal that was set for me and I exercise at least 3 days a week. I also drink lots of water.
  • andreagap
    andreagap Posts: 6
    Options