So anyone noticing a change in their dating life?

Options

Replies

• halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Honestly, when I was about the size I am now but less muscular I saw a lot more action than I do now. Girls up here don't like guys with muscles! Well, that and it's been two years and I think the general tone toward dating has gotten a bit colder here.

Blehhhh. Most girls I meet just got out of a long term relationship, too, haha.
  • WinKitty
    WinKitty Posts: 119
    Options
    I want a wear a shirt that says "I used to be fat so step off b@#ch"

Love it!!!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Get noticed a lot more and that's with coats and sweaters on! I don't usually approach girls though so I doubt I'd change my status. And also I don't have time for a relationship anyways...
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    uh yeah... I'm happily married but I definitely am getting lots more male attention. I consider it a compliment. Men I've worked out next to at the gym for years are suddenly staring and/or talking to me... etc. I just smile to myself and go on about my day feeling fantastic!
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I am noticing that people that liked me when I was thinner are popping up again. Not happening! :)
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I am noticing that people that liked me when I was thinner are popping up again. Not happening! :)

I am now seeing guys that liked me enough to try to sleep with me when I was bigger that now want to date me cause I am skinner.

I do believe that I have more confidence now so it attracts guys, even though they are ones I am not into.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I'm married, so my dating life isn't doing much..but I have noticed I'm getting a lot more sexual attention from the wifey! ha ha
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I have two "friends" that I met at the gym but nothing serious....just having some fun being me!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Oh yes....losing 135 pounds makes things VERY different!! :laugh: :laugh:

It took me awhile to get used to it. BUT...I lost the weight and then divorced my husband so it all comes in handy!! :tongue:
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Yes I have definitely noticed a difference. It is flattering because I have not gotten that very often in my life and I am proud that I have taken pride and lost the weight I have that it is noticed :-) All you sexy people know what I am talking about, you all rock!!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    ...men seem to approach me and stare a lot more. I'm not single so it really doesn't matter. what I did notice is women giving me dirty looks a lot more. *dislike* don't be mad at me because of how you feel about you, ya know. I want a wear a shirt that says "I used to be fat so step off b@#ch"

ROFL!!!!!! That cracks me up!!! I think the shirt would be AWESOME!!!!! It is insecurity, though... with other women... We act a fool when some competition steps in the room :laugh: ( I say, "we"... I couldn't care less these days :drinker: )
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I'm completely oblivious to this stuff unless it is VERY obvious. I generally assume that people just want to be friends with me because I am so effing cool.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'm completely oblivious to this stuff unless it is VERY obvious. I generally assume that people just want to be friends with me because I am so effing cool.

:laugh:

It's true, it's true! :smokin: :drinker:
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I too am married, but like many of the others have been noticing more looks coming my way :blushing:
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    Dating life? Whats that?? LOL
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options

:laugh:

It's true, it's true! :smokin: :drinker:

that's because you're one of those PROBISCIS monkeys! (I used to call that type the Killroy-was-here-Monkey!)
  • Domestica
    Domestica Posts: 91
    Options
    I want a wear a shirt that says "I used to be fat so step off b@#ch"

That is freakin' HILARIOUS!

I totally get that bad vibe from other women all the time -- especially when they're sitting on their butts at the park watching their kids play and I'm out there playing tag with mine or doing tricep dips and pull-ups on the playground equipment!
  • plskinny
    plskinny Posts: 1
    Options
    i have seen a change. funny enough, i get less attention than when i was heavier. don't think i've been approached by a man in about 4 months, when i was about 20 pounds heavier. AND when i would go out with friends before, i was always the one getting approached/attention.. now? nothing at all. =/
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yep since the divorce I've had as many dates as my ex did during the marriage. But it's too early to tell with the weight loss.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    i have seen a change. funny enough, i get less attention than when i was heavier. don't think i've been approached by a man in about 4 months, when i was about 20 pounds heavier. AND when i would go out with friends before, i was always the one getting approached/attention.. now? nothing at all. =/

You must live in Gaymanville because you're hot! Guys should be hitting on you!