filling meals?

Options
2»

Replies

• cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I had kelp noodles again last night and was surprised again at how filling they are! 6 calories a serving and have the texture of pasta. I'm on the wrong track calorie wise today (thanks to taco and peanut butter misadventures) so I'm gonna eat the kelp noodles with tomato sauce and a little ground beef for dinner :tongue:
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    what are those noodles? where do you get them?
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Hey OP I like your thread btw

So there are tofu shirataki noodles (made from yam fiber, 20 cals/serving) and also kelp noodles (from seaweed 6 cals/serving). Both can be found at Asian grocery stores or whole foods and are gluten free and high fiber. The tofu shirataki are more tender (past al dente) but should be rinsed or parboiled to get rid of the "authentic aroma", whereas the kelp noodles are crunchy and then become al dente when you cook after soaking; they don't taste like seaweed. Hope that helps.
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hey OP I like your thread btw

So there are tofu shirataki noodles (made from yam fiber, 20 cals/serving) and also kelp noodles (from seaweed 6 cals/serving). Both can be found at Asian grocery stores or whole foods and are gluten free and high fiber. The tofu shirataki are more tender (past al dente) but should be rinsed or parboiled to get rid of the "authentic aroma", whereas the kelp noodles are crunchy and then become al dente when you cook after soaking; they don't taste like seaweed. Hope that helps.

BUMP!