4 out of 5 weekly challenge WEEK 5 April 4th....

Shua456
Shua456 Posts: 211
edited September 25 in Motivation and Support
If you want to join in this challenge please sign in no later than midnight eastern time on Monday, April 4th. After that feel free to join us next week.

This is a 4 out of 5 challenge. Meet 4 of the following goals every day to stay in the challenge.

Goal 1 - Log all food
Goal 2 - drink at least 8 cups of water
Goal 3 - work out for 30 minutes per day
Goal 4 - stay under your calories
Goal 5 - do something for yourself (read a magazine article, a book, work on a hobby, etc....)

Each day you'll log in and tell us how many goals you've reached for the day. If you don't reach 4 goals you'll be out for the week (but don't worry you can join us again the following week). If you do not reach 4 of the 5 goals and have not earned a grace day just post that you're out and then please refrain from posting until the new challenge is posted the following week.

If you hit all 5 goals three days in a row you can earn a grace day. Grace days can be used at any time for any reason, you don't need to justify it - simply state that you're using a grace day. Grace days can be banked from week to week but you have to earn them within one week. That means you can't count Saturday, Sunday, Monday as your three days in a row because each challenge will begin on Monday.

If you drop out of the challenge with unused grace days you forfeit those grace days.

I will set up a new post each Sunday for the following week's challenge.

Replies

• Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    I'm in.
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    me too...thanks :flowerforyou:
  • pat21532
    pat21532 Posts: 34 Member
    i am in again
  • Shua456
    Monday 5/5

logged all
    drank all
    under calories
    walked a 5K this morning
    took a nap
  • Kimbie500
    Monday 5/5

logged all, drank 9, under calories, 37 minutes, took the day off from work. Thrilled that I managed to eat sensibly and drink >8 glasses of water despite taking a day off - those are usually orgies of bad food.....
  • pjfmaui73
    Monday 5/5

Goal 1 - Log all food-Done
    Goal 2 - drink at least 8 cups of water-Done 14
    Goal 3 - work out for 30 minutes per day-Done 6hrs 5 min (super busy at work booking it up and down the halls at work, but I halfed it b/c I didn't want to over perdict. +2hrs 5min. workout before work :bigsmile: )
    Goal 4 - stay under your calories-done (easy)
    Goal 5 - do something for yourself-watched chopped all stars
  • pat21532
    monday

i went 5/5
  • Shua456
    QUESTION OF THE DAY - just to start getting to know each other a little.

What is the last fun outing you had with family or friends?
  • Shua456
    Tuesday 5/5

logged all
    drank all
    under calories
    walked for an hour during soccer practice
    went shopping with my dd

Answer to today's question: we just went camping for the weekend with a group of friends from church. We had a great time despite the fact that it's still quite chilly here in Ohio.

I ordered a new pair of workout shoes today and I'm suffering from sticker shock, they cost $100 but if they prevent the injuries that I keep getting now they will be worth it.
  • Kimbie500
    Tuesday 5/5

Logged all, drank 11, under calories, 42 minutes, took another day off from work.

Last fun outing with family/friends? DH and BFF and I went to running shop Sunday night and ALL bought new shoes, then had dinner together. Fun!
  • pat21532
    tuesday 5/5
  • pjfmaui73
    Tues 5/5

Goal 1 - Log all food-Done
    Goal 2 - drink at least 8 cups of water-Done 15
    Goal 3 - work out for 30 minutes per day-Done 2hrs
    Goal 4 - stay under your calories-done
    Goal 5 - do something for yourself-watched Wheel of Fortune on DVR

Last fun thing about a month ago 4 of my friends & I got together for a girls day. We shopped ( I didn't buy anything) and enjoyed each others company from morning to midnight (I got 5/5 that day too :happy:)
  • Shua456
    QUESTION OF THE DAY

What motivates you to keep going on your weight loss journey?
  • Shua456
    Wednesday 5/5

logged all
    drank all
    under calories
    walked at the park
    watched Criminal Minds

Answer to the question of the day: I've just reached a point where I'm not satisfied with the status quo and I'm ready to make the changes necessary to live a better life.
  • Kimbie500
    Wednesday 5/5

Logged all, drank 11, under calories, 35 minutes, found a way to satisfy a pizza craving and stay within my caloric goals.

What keeps me motivated? I feel fitter - I can ride my horse longer without getting out of breath, walk faster and further, just plain feel better. The scales has been steadily going down. Some clothing that had "shrunk" miraculously fits again. MFP gives me a goal to work towards every day and an easy and portable way to track it.
  • pjfmaui73
    Wednesday 5/5

logged all
    drank 19 cups
    under calories
    walked 90 min (shopping most of the morning, 30 min. JM Ripped in 30, gardening 45min, hiking 35min)
    quality time with hubby

I'm motivated by health and happiness. My mom died very young (age 40) and I'm nearing that age so it's time for me to be healthy for myself, my husband and my children!!!
  • Shua456
    QUESTION OF THE DAY: What is your favorite hobby and what do you like about it?
  • Shua456
    What keeps me motivated? I feel fitter - I can ride my horse longer without getting out of breath, walk faster and further, just plain feel better. The scales has been steadily going down. Some clothing that had "shrunk" miraculously fits again. MFP gives me a goal to work towards every day and an easy and portable way to track it.

I have to say I'm so envious. I love to ride horses but only get to about once a year. I really need a friend who owns horses!!!!!
  • pat21532
    Wednesday 5/5
  • Shua456
    Thursday 5/5

logged all - even that piece of cake
    drank all
    under calories
    took a 90 minute walk
    watched an episode of Criminal Minds

Answer to today's question: I have two hobbies that I very much enjoy. One is cross-stitch, it totally relaxes me and I love the finished product. The second is refinishing furniture - I love taking something old that most people would just give up on and restoring it into something beautiful. Both of these hobbies get me in touch with my craftsy side.
This discussion has been closed.