Thigh Cellulite--

Options
2»

Replies

• lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I just realised that I wrote "sets" instead of "reps" in my last post! I'm not *that* good! I'd die doing thath many sets! :wink:
  • Simone1970
    Options
    The only way I know how is through a strict diet and through weight lifting, specifically lunges. Do 4 sets of lunches with either dumbells or a barbell and knock out 12 reps per set. I prefer to do lunges standing in one place, using a dumbell. If you want to make it really hard, lunge onto a step. Good luck!
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels says to cut out processed foods and eat whole foods.... here is a link to youtube on some interviews she did one diets...I cant remember which one it was but its worth listening to all of them really, they're not long...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXMWg3WEj1U&feature=relmfu
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I looked into this, because I dropped weight and have toned but still have cellulite...Sadly, most of cellulite is caused by hormones and genetics, so, although exercise/ weight loss helps...even many super athletes often have it. My understanding is that there are some laser procedures that help (though not permanently). They are 8 treatments over 4 weeks and can run about $2000.00.

I paid £700 for 10, this included a personal trainer and laser liposuction, I have had stubborn cellulite that no amount of body brushing / cold showers / citrus fruits / diet / exercise or massage could get rid of! It was so bad the dimples would cast shadows and look more like potholes!! ... Half way through my laser treatments it is nearly all gone, I'm sure if you wanted JUST the cellulite part of my package deal it would be less, I'll find out next time im there.
    AND nothing is permanent when it comes to cellulite ... if you let your bad eating habbits creap back, you'll gain weight and cellulite again ... as you would expect.

This is the place: http://www.dermclinic.co.uk/treatments/ilipo-ultra.php
  • eorourke23
    Options
    my hubby bought me a pair of reebok easytone trainers, only had them for 2 weeks and I am noticing a difference already, takes a bit of getting used to, I still cant walk miles in them (YET) but I wear them around the house and at work, day to day stuff, love them
  • R222
    R222 Posts: 13
    Options
    You just have to burn off the fat (cellulite is fat deposits. I've read about it but don't remember the details). And unfortunately we can't tell our bodies where we want the fat to come off.

You can't spot reduce or target burn (wouldn't that be nice?!). Just keep chugging along and eventually it will go away. But it might be a while depending on where your body stores its fat. You will get there.

(For me it's my belly. I started weight lifting a few weeks ago - haven't done much cardio - and my belly is finally starting to burn off.) In 4 months of calorie restriction and cardio my belly wouldn't budge. 3 weeks of weights/resistance and my body fat calipers dropped 2mm (on the spot beside my belly button).

I'd love to hear more details on how you are losing your belly. I have been working out and dieting for 1 year, and my belly won't budge. Please let me know how you are doing it.
  • mae3785
    mae3785 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    LUNGES! While you can't really get rid of cellulite easily doing lunges can help tone your inner thighs. Strength training is amazing when it comes to toning down that extra jiggle :)