Options
13»

Replies

• rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm also a PB addict!
    I have 2 solutions that help me cut some out:
    1. Eat 1 tablespoon as a serving. Since the serving size on most containers is 2, I feel like thats what people decide to use when portioning it out. If you just use one tablespoon, that cuts out almost 100 calories, and a little can really go a long way.
    2. Find a new topping for what you normally eat it with. If you put it on celery, use a light dressing instead. If you put it on something like bread, try cinnamon or something else low calorie instead. If you eat it with apples, try honey, or a 0 cal sweetener with cinnamon.
  • rdaraz
    rdaraz Posts: 103
    Options
    thank you all for the tips!!!! :)
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    Ironically, I just ran out of peanut butter this morning. I obviously love it too. Jiff Natural is the BEST! And no high fructose corn syrup. It's okay to eat peanut butter, even 2 tbsp. Just don't eat the whole jar. And this may sound weird, but it is very tasty--a pb&j wrap! yum!
  • rdaraz
    Options
    This might sound crazy but the BEST tasting peanut butter I've ever had is JIF Reduced Fat. Seriously. It's SO good. I could eat it at every meal. But I don't. That's where the self-control comes in.

Stupid, no good, ultra-lame self control. :grumble:

:laugh:

You can do eeeeet!

i will try it!! :)
  • rdaraz
    Options
    I'm also a PB addict!
    I have 2 solutions that help me cut some out:
    1. Eat 1 tablespoon as a serving. Since the serving size on most containers is 2, I feel like thats what people decide to use when portioning it out. If you just use one tablespoon, that cuts out almost 100 calories, and a little can really go a long way.
    2. Find a new topping for what you normally eat it with. If you put it on celery, use a light dressing instead. If you put it on something like bread, try cinnamon or something else low calorie instead. If you eat it with apples, try honey, or a 0 cal sweetener with cinnamon.

that is a good idea! thank you! :)
  • rdaraz
    Options
    Ironically, I just ran out of peanut butter this morning. I obviously love it too. Jiff Natural is the BEST! And no high fructose corn syrup. It's okay to eat peanut butter, even 2 tbsp. Just don't eat the whole jar. And this may sound weird, but it is very tasty--a pb&j wrap! yum!

any thing with PBJ is yummy :)
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    How about this...the fda allows so many rat parts in our peanut butter, think about that. It sure broke me of my pb habit. I now drive clear across town to grind up the peanuts myself so that I know there is nothing in it and it is pricey and I am cheap, so I don't get that much. It also has less calories because there is no added sugar or oil.

Only problem with this is that there are allowable limits of such things in almost all food. Whether it is fresh produce, chocolate, peanut butter, etc. You are almost always going to get a certain amount of that kind of stuff in a huge amount of food. Of course, maybe it actually IS the rat parts and hair that are making peanut butter tasty!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I love the Better N Peanut Butter... it's only 100 calories for 2 tablespoons (like half the amount of my previous fave, Peter Pan) and it tastes like the peanut butter inside a Reese's cup. You can find it online or I buy it at Trader Joes. I measure of course... but those days when 2 measley tbs don't cut it.... I can eat 4 and be content I still didn't eat more that I would with 2 tbs of Peter Pan!

Thats what I use well the other name its under Peanut Wonder. Its delicious. I normally do 3 tbs of it melt on a apple and banana. YUM.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    How about this...the fda allows so many rat parts in our peanut butter, think about that. It sure broke me of my pb habit. I now drive clear across town to grind up the peanuts myself so that I know there is nothing in it and it is pricey and I am cheap, so I don't get that much. It also has less calories because there is no added sugar or oil.

Ummm this is in all foods that go through manufacturing. You might want to start gardening and raising cattle also lol
  • MissSakeenah
    MissSakeenah Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know. It's crazy. I found a fly in my bagged lettuce the other day..eek. I don't eat ground beef or beef or pork for that matter. I eat ground chicken, which I have the butcher ground up in front of me. I don't do processed foods either because I don't know what's in it. I just saw your before and after pics on the other board, may I ask how tall you are? I lost 114 pounds and your after picture looks like my 174 picture, so I'm thinking you are taller than me at 5'10
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    1 TBS of JIF = 95 calories.
    1 Fuji apples = ~ 80 calories.

Melt peanut butter in microwave ~30 seconds.
    Slice apple.

Dip apple slices in melted peanut butter.

You can have this everyday. :wink:

Get your PB fix, not deny it...

I do eat this every day :laugh: I just use Smuckers Natural instead. I love my peanut butter and almond butter. I eat 1-3 TB of it Every. Single. Day. Just account for it in your calories and you will be fine. Peanut butter has taken the place of a lot of the junk that I used to eat every day.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Um, stop buying peanut butter is the obvious answer.

that's what i did. otherwise i found myself eating it constantly
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    just eat less of it ?

We have a winna!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    This might sound crazy but the BEST tasting peanut butter I've ever had is JIF Reduced Fat. Seriously. It's SO good. I could eat it at every meal. But I don't. That's where the self-control comes in.

Stupid, no good, ultra-lame self control. :grumble:

:laugh:

You can do eeeeet!

i will try it!! :)

It's just 110 cals/2 tbsp. (55 cals/tbsp.) ...and it tastes like a decadent treat IMO. Pretty wonderful stuff!
  • Cydnie197
    Cydnie197 Posts: 38
    Options
    better n peanut butter

pb2

I HAD to go get some of the Better Than Peanut Butter... it's a little salty, but YUUUUMMMY! However, I still like my Justin's Classic Almond Butter more. Thanks for the tip!!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    natural peanut butter. if i eat too much the oils give me heart burn.

try nutella
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You can order PB2 from their site- www.bellplantation.com .