what exercise have u done today?

Options
iojoi
iojoi Posts: 378 Member
i just had an hr swimming and wil hit my gym later
but i thought it wd be interesting to see what everyone else has done?

Replies

• iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    i just had an hr swimming and wil hit my gym later
    but i thought it wd be interesting to see what everyone else has done?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    None so far, but I post everyday on the SBF (stronger, better, faster) challenge. You're welcome to join us!
  • skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    some house work and tonight i will do an hour on the excercise bike! :smile:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    nothing yet, but I have an appointment for strength training tonight and I'm following that with a 2K swim.
  • emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I ran two miles today during my 15 min breaks. Also did some weight lifting. After work I will go back to the weightroom and run another 3 miles.
  • chubbygirl30
    Options
    i spent an hour on the elliptical this morning....then stretched really really well
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Nothing yet but I will do 45 min on the elliptical after work. (taking it easy cause I hurt my knee in Spin class yesterday)
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've done Beachbody's Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer. You can do ten minutes to thirty minutes depending on how much time you have. Let me tell you 10 minutes kicks your butt. Don't be fooled. It kills. Only did 10 minutes today but I feel great. :bigsmile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I've done Beachbody's Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer. You can do ten minutes to thirty minutes depending on how much time you have. Let me tell you 10 minutes kicks your butt. Don't be fooled. It kills. Only did 10 minutes today but I feel great. :bigsmile:

I have been curious about this program does it work really well? Were you pretty fit to start with?
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Took a 30 minute spinning class. Today is my short exercise day. :smile:
  • Reesy
    Options

I have been curious about this program does it work really well? Were you pretty fit to start with?

I wouldn't consider myself pretty fit but I'm not completely out of shape either. I've got lots of stuff to lose. This is my first week on the program and I can say that all ready I've noticed a difference in my energy level and how I feel about me. I legs feel tighter. There is a schedule that comes with that tells you what workout to do on what day. I am following that.

I can say sticking to a good nutrition plan goes a long way with any program but especially with something that only takes ten minutes. Many people on the message boards only do one workout a day and have reported great results. I'm committed for four weeks and then I'll see where I am. Right now, I LOVE it. It's tough but worth it.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

I wouldn't consider myself pretty fit but I'm not completely out of shape either. I've got lots of stuff to lose. This is my first week on the program and I can say that all ready I've noticed a difference in my energy level and how I feel about me. I legs feel tighter. There is a schedule that comes with that tells you what workout to do on what day. I am following that.

I can say sticking to a good nutrition plan goes a long way with any program but especially with something that only takes ten minutes. Many people on the message boards only do one workout a day and have reported great results. I'm committed for four weeks and then I'll see where I am. Right now, I LOVE it. It's tough but worth it.

I may need to invest in this, I am bouncing around ideas for new things to add to my workouts....I was looking at Tony Hortons P90x, but I don't wan to die right off either....haha,
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options

I may need to invest in this, I am bouncing around ideas for new things to add to my workouts....I was looking at Tony Hortons P90x, but I don't wan to die right off either....haha,
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Did a 3 mile walk...it took me an hour, but that's 20 minutes less than the last time I tried that length of a walk.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    That's good! I used to do that with biking, trying to beat my last time.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    That's good! I used to do that with biking, trying to beat my last time.

It's really the only way I can measure my success. I can't go very fast yet, but if I can improve on my last time, then I know I am working harder and most likely burning more calories!
  • Reesy
    Options
    I did the P90X years ago. I didn't finish it and yes it is more intense than the Ten Minute Trainer. My husband is doing the X now and enjoys it and is trying to get me to come over to his side. He did the cardio version of Ten Minute Trainer and had to admit it was a good workout.

I will commit to the first four weeks and then the accelerated results four weeks (I ordered the deluxe package) and re-evaluate things. I will conquer the X one day though.

Let me know if you decide to get it.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Oh now I am torn....the 10 minute or the X.....ahhh!
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    I am doing the P90X now. I am about 5 weeks into the program. My workout this morning was Kenpo karate. The program is tough. You need to be in pretty good shape to start it. There is another program, just P90 no X, that I hear is good and will get you ready for X.

I think the beachbody programs are great. They stress nutrition, and they do not lie and tell you that you can get results without effort.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I am doing the P90X now. I am about 5 weeks into the program. My workout this morning was Kenpo karate. The program is tough. You need to be in pretty good shape to start it. There is another program, just P90 no X, that I hear is good and will get you ready for X.

I think the beachbody programs are great. They stress nutrition, and they do not lie and tell you that you can get results without effort.

I use a lot of their other stuff and gravitate towards their products. I have been struggling to figure out the next step though in my workouts. I don't have tons of time but I bore easily and like fun workouts. I am not sure I am ready for X but I didn't like the repetition of P90 either....

Hmmmmm.....