Looking for a good book

Options
124»

Replies

• alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy most books by Chuck Palahniuk. I'm currently reading Diary and so far its good.

Have you read Survivor?? That's my favourite... But I hear Tell All is really really good.

That is one my favorite from him as well.

Have you read Pygmy by Palahniuk? If you have how did you manage to do it?...if you haven't I wouldn't recommend it unless you can read engrish. The whole book is written in broken English. I bought it at the airport and as soon as I opened it I was confused and found it very hard to follow. I flipped through the book and discovered the whole book is written this way, so now i have a book that i will probably never read. lol

I own Pygmy, but I have been scared to read it. I read the first page, and like you said, it was ridiculously hard to follow... but now I see it as kind of a challenge.. although its going to have to happen when I actually have time to sit down and pay attention. And maybe when I've had a beer or two!!

I kind of feel the same way about it... maybe someday I will read it after I read all his other books, so I got 6 more to go.

Which other ones have you read?

I'm reading Diary right now and I have read:

Survivor
    Invisible Monster
    Haunted
    Lullaby
    Fight Club
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    I thought of some more :smile:

Carriers - Patrick Lynch (they made it into a film for TV which was cr*p but the book is pretty good, about a filovirus similar to Ebola)
    The Bad Place, Watchers, False Memory - Dean R Koontz
    I, Claudius - Robert Graves
    Red Dwarf set - Grant Naylor
    Wild Swans - Three Daughters of China - Jung Chan

Anything by Torey Hayden
    Anything by Anne McCaffrey (not Todd though, they're rubbish).
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hunger Games, young adult 3 book series. Awesome (not about eating though).

I've put these 3 books on my to read list, I've heard they are really good.
  • Chrizzle21
    Chrizzle21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to make sure to print everyone's suggestions out, but let's keep this going for sure!!
  • Sara7Taylor
    Sara7Taylor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I like fantasy/love novels. One of my favorite authors is Cassandra Claire. She writes the Mortal Instruments Series. They are......

The City of Bones
    The City of Ashes
    The City of Glass
    The City of Fallen Angels

Also she has started a new series the Infernal Devices

The first book is The Clockwork Angel.
  • skypie23
    skypie23 Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm currently reading the Jean M Auel books, as mentioned above. I'm on the third book. I love that they're going to keep me going for ages. I wasn't interested by the description tbh, I didn't think it was my thing at all, but I'm really glad I gave them a go.
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Not many guys will admit to this but I've read all the Sookie Stackhouse books.

There I said it
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading the Jean M Auel books, as mentioned above. I'm on the third book. I love that they're going to keep me going for ages. I wasn't interested by the description tbh, I didn't think it was my thing at all, but I'm really glad I gave them a go.

It took forever to read Clan of the Cavebear -- soooo much detail -- but after I read Valley of the Horses -- I was hooked :) Just before her last one came out I found the series on tape and started over. I can't tell you how many times I just sat in the parking lot at work -- or in the garage or how many lunches I sat and listened to those stories lol I wish they'd do a movie of them. (or well -- a remake of the one they did and the rest of the series )