DOES ANYONE ELSE EVER GET TIRED IF LOGGING IN YOUR FOOD EVER

Options
13»

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I've been keepin track of my food for bout 3 years now. It's not really tiring, I'd rather keep track then to not know at all and @ least this way I have a better understanding of what I am eating and what I need to change. Just keep stickin to it and it'll get easier.
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Oh, Do I get tired of doing it! I hate it but it's the only way for me to lose weight! I've tried just watching what I eat but it doesn't work for me I have to write everything down. It's a pain in the *kitten* but I do it!
  • heathhumble
    heathhumble Posts: 178
    Options
    It helps keep me accountable for my actions.Keep going don't give up.
  • jenhenning219
    jenhenning219 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    i do and i dont go by calories i go by carbs fat fiber and protein, i am doing weight watchers plus, be careful when logging food because i noticed that some of the food labels i eat at home are different then the food labels on mfp.
    its important to read labels
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    YES! i get tired of it or i get obsessed about it and makes my eating no fun an rather cumbersome. i once had to take a month off to stop obsesing about food and workouts and just did everything right without measuring every single ounce I ate and I DROPPED 6LBS. that was awesome haha.

haven't had the same luck since tho. i think i was on vacation and able to dedicate more time to focus
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I dont get sick of it, I quite enjoy it. But one thing I can suggest (that i used to do) is to take a whole day out to cook, portion and freeze stuff, then you dig in. You could write the nutritional content on freezer bags to make it even easier! I pre-portion my cereal, thats the only thing that winds me up to weigh every morning xx
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    NOPE......I tried once to see if I could go a month without logging food.....I lasted less than a day. I missed it. It keeps me accountable and without doing it I'd still be fat.

I'll probably log my food in when I'm maintaining and forever as long as I need to.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    YES!!! You are not alone!! :) I didn't start my weight loss with MFP. I lost the majority of my weight before calorie counting, but as I became more fit, it became a necessary thing to watch my calories more closely. I could no longer just eat healthier, I also had to calorie count.

Just like I sometimes need a cheat meal every now and then, sometimes I need a mental break from caring soooooo much about NOTING every little calorie that enters my body.

A week or two before Christmas I was talking to one of my good friends here and how I wanted to scream because logging everything I ate everyday was becoming tedious to me. ...so I stopped counting and logging calories for an entire week. I still ate relatively close to how I eat now anyway, I just didn't go through the trouble of logging it in.

I still had a loss on the scale that week and I was able to get back to tracking because I took a much needed mental break from it.

If it becomes tedious, my opinion is you'll need to take a break or you may get frustrated with it and give up completely. Allow yourself time to regroup. Again, just my viewpoint.

EDIT: I just also wanted to add that I've been in my new lifestyle for a total of 3 years now. It's my opinion and experience that if we can't be somewhat flexible in the choices we make, it's going to be hard to keep up for a lifetime. I suggest trusting your instinct sometimes. I would never want to get myself in a position of feeling like I have to log food every single day for the rest of my life. Again, just my viewpoint, lol.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I've been tired of it for about 3 months now, but I prefer to be accountable and know what I am eating. I've come to far to slip up!!
  • debdptg
    debdptg Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I just joined the other day, and haven't even had my first progress check - and I do get a little miffed at the time it takes to log in. But then I looked at your milestones and see how far you have come in such a short time and it motivates me! It should motivate you also. Review where you have been and where you are now - and then log that food.
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yeah, especially once I start becoming obsessive. I try to do it only once or twice a week (planning wise), but it is still annoying.
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the accountablity that it gives me logging the calories... I've only been doing it for a month now so I'm still a "newbie" but it helps me make good choices and I can appreicate that! :O)
  • finity559
    finity559 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

THANK GOODNESS I AM NOT ALONE!! LOL

I read all ur posts & thank you so much for taking the time to put your 2¢ in. Finding MVP has been the only way I've lost weight, I WONT GIVE UP, I just get mentally lazy sometimes. But being that way & not caring is what got me here in the first place. I guess its becoming more frustrating bcz I injured my knee exercising & I'm not able to walk as much as I was before, making my food choices more difficult bcz my calories are more limited.

However, all your posts have encouraged me again to keep on truckin. This weekend that jst passed I was able to buy some capris in 2 sizes smaller than I used to & at Target I tried on a blouse that 2months ago there would be no way I could fit into. I just have to concentrate on that & the feeling I have fitting into my car better & feeling smaller in my sofa.:)

Logging my food is a small price to pay for the benefits of it. :)

Thank you all so much.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: