p90x - Round 1 beginners

Options
Just finished day 2 of p90x. Any others out there who are just starting? Check in here for questions, answers, and support.

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    P90x Lean Schedule day six today.
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just started Lean Week 3....today is day 2 of that.
  • LauraJWill
    LauraJWill Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am going to start Lean next week. I started the regular version in February but ended up with a lower back strain and had to stop the high impact stuff, but I will try the lean now and see if I can stay pain free :)
  • Patton33186
    Patton33186 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 3 for me. Plyo is a beast, huh?
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Middle of Week 5 of P90X LEAN...just completed 30 days as of yesterday...

I did Power90 before P90X LEAN...Feelin' FABULOUS...! :wink:
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I'm im the rest week following Phase II. I have about 40 days to go until I am a P90X grad! Stick with it, it's hard, but worth it. Tonight is Yoga X. I love Yoga, but this one is a [insert foul word]!
  • markymark39
    Options
    Today is Day 3 for me. Plyo is a beast, huh?

yes, quite intense. had to hit "pause" with 20 minutes left and catch my breath /blush.

i was encouraged since i was familiar with many of the moves from a x-training fitness class i normally do on tueday mornings.

keep pressing play!
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Day 4 for me! My arms and abs are soooo sore!! But I LOVE it, hurts so good! Looking forward to Yoga today.
  • AndreSF
    AndreSF Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Day 22 of Classic. Started first recovery week. Completed Power 90, then P90X Lean and now in the round of Classic. Bring IT! :)
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of Classic version here.
    I agree Plyo definitely is a beast. I'm having a hard time even walking today! l
    Loving it
  • chelios7
    chelios7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Day 4 for me, Plyo was intense and some of those Ab Rippers moves are very tough. I really liked Shoulders & Arms though, except today I'm pretty sore. Loving it so far and look forward to trying Yoga tonight.
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Today is my planned Attempt 2 Day 1. Attempt 1 I was going strong not missing a day for 3 straight weeks until I got sick and was bed ridden for a week. Never got back on that horse afterward. I believe 4 months have passed since then. Not sure exactly how long it has been but my "day 90" could of been long gone by now if I just started right where I stopped when I was sick. Still kicking myself for my stupidity.

Never got to the "I love it" part of ab ripper X the first time though. Maybe I can get there this time. :)
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Did the yoga this afternoon. I found it kinda boring, maybe I'll like it better next week. What do you all think of the yoga x? Those with HRM, how many calories are you burning?
  • TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    i finished my first week of classic on 4-5-11, today is my first day of week 2..my favorite one is kenpo x
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done. Ouch. Goodnight.
  • markymark39
    Options
    Day 4_Arms & Shoulders completed this morning. Not too bad since I have done some weight training historically. Only issue was with the "bonus" (penalty) round of Side Tri-Rises. Couldn'd do more than a few on each side so I did some chair dips instead.

The rest of my upper body is still sore from Day 1_Chest & Back, including my abs although I didn't have time to do the ab ripper at the end.

Tomorrow ---> yoga!
  • markymark39
    Options
    Day 3 of Classic version here.
    I agree Plyo definitely is a beast. I'm having a hard time even walking today! l
    Loving it
    Day 4 for me, Plyo was intense and some of those Ab Rippers moves are very tough. I really liked Shoulders & Arms though, except today I'm pretty sore. Loving it so far and look forward to trying Yoga tonight.

good job! looks like we are close to the same shedule so it'll be interesting to compatre notes.
  • chelios7
    chelios7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yoga X was interesting, I liked the first 15 minutes and the last 45, but there is a half hour there of the exact same moves over and over and I hated that part because it was the same. Maybe as I get better at it since this is my first try at Yoga I'll enjoy it more. Some of those moves made me laugh at how flexible I'm not (yet!). The crane....whoa boy! The wheel....yikes! If I can do those at the end of 90 days I'll be ready for Cirque Du Soleil.
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Oh yoga (on my slate tomorrow). I was told to do at least the first 45 minutes. I am not a big fan, but it has actually helped some soreness and my plank is better than it was 3 weeks ago. As for the calorie burn, that is going to vary...I have a lot of myself to hold up, and I bike for 30 minutes beforehand, I think my HRM said 400-ish last time I did yoga (about 200 of that is probably the bike ride).

Shoulders, Arms, and Ab ripper today...:smile:
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I hated Yoga. I don't know if it's because I got up at 5am to do it today, or what, but the first 30 mins were too repetitive and boring. I ended up only doing 32 mins and then getting on my bike. I will try my best to do it longer next time.