p90x - Round 1 beginners

Options

Replies

• ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Did my fit test. Did above and beyond on everything but pull ups. Never could do those even when I took weight training in high school and benched 185. Oh well. That will change.

Lost 95.5 lbs total do far. 77 since last April. Got 50-55 more to go. Hoping this coupled with my karate/kickboxing routine will be the final piece to the puzzle. Don't know what I will do about food. My diet had done so much for me already. It isn't to far off from the p90x thing, but I know I don't want as much as what the p90x thing says too. Don't know that I can make myself do it. I feel like I get enough now. Guess I'll see how I feel.
  • chelsiburnett
    chelsiburnett Posts: 317
    Options
    I had my rest day today although I did walk 2.5 miles into church this evening. I really enjoyed it! This means I have successfully finished the first week of P90X Classic!!! I have been really looking forward to the workouts! Good luck to everyone this week!
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Wow! Chest Shoulders and triceps tonight was tough! Can't hardly hold my arms up, lol! I was excited to concentrate on my triceps though as that is one of my weakest ares.

Good luck to everybody this week!! Tomorrow is my day 30, pics and measuments!!!
  • chelios7
    chelios7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    hey there x'ers. I just got my workout discs and am planning on starting this week. I am wondering if you are all doing the nutrition plan that they recommend. I fall into the 2400 calories group and I feel like this is more than I should be eating...Just wondering what you all are doing nutrition wise. I also dont have the money for the beachbody recovery drinks or protein shakes. Can anyone recommend an alternative??? thanks!!

Yep, I'm doing to nutrition plan, sort of. I'm following the fat shredder 50/30/20 p/c/f ratio but I'm not following the exaction serving portions they say to do (3 dairy, 7 protein, etc) . I tried the first week or so but figured as long as I'm getting close to my ratios I'm happy enough with that. In regards to calories, when I calculated mine, I was suppose to be level III, so 3000 calories a day. WHATEVER. After asking around, I was told you should calculate your calories based on your goal weight. When I did it that way I dropped to level II, so 2400 calories. Still, WHATEVER. I can't eat that much, I struggle to eat 1800 a day and I eat all day long the way it is. So, my goal is 1800 calories for the time being. I may up that when I want to start adding more muscle, but for now I'm working of getting rid of fat.
    I don'd use any P90X suppliments, I think they are way overpriced and not even the best in the market. For a recovery drink I use Dark Matter which is pretty highly recommended, I use it probably 3-4 times a week and not always the full serving. I think it helps a lot though, I'd definitely recommend it. Looks like a tub will last about 40-45 days for me, I'm 30 days in and still have a bit left. A 2.6lb tub runs about $35. For protein I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard, it has 24g per serving. I have no idea how I'd reach my daily protein intake without using this. A 5lb tub runs about $40-45 for about 80 servings.

Good luck!
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I've had the same experience of Chelios7 with the diet. What I do now is make sure my net calories after exercise for the day are at least 1200 and preferably 1300, if they aren't I increase portion size or add in healthy snacks. Protein shakes help a lot with increasing my calories from protein ratio as you'd expect, otherwise I'd struggle to eat that much meat in a day.
  • LOVINLIFEGUY
    Options
    Did core syn today and ended up with a couple rug burns on my knees from the plank/chatarunga run, my hips are not that flexible to get them out wide enough when in chatarunga. Looking forward to getting back to phase 2. Back and biceps is one of my favs!

I also am not sticking to the p90x food portion guide, but still trying to get the ratios they ask each month. I think the three month food schedule they have is pretty good at giving you what the body needs.

I am working nights right now and I am having a hard time eatting that much at night, doing my best! I use EAS protein, I have used many other more expensive brands and the only other one I liked was isopure, but now I want the carbs so that is out, I also use accelerade as a recovery drink (it has the carb/protein ratio that is imortant for post workout needs).

looking forward to taping out and seeing what type of results I have over the first month. I am feeling pretty good for the most part.
  • alonnadodd
    alonnadodd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow! Chest Shoulders and triceps tonight was tough! Can't hardly hold my arms up, lol! I was excited to concentrate on my triceps though as that is one of my weakest ares.

Good luck to everybody this week!! Tomorrow is my day 30, pics and measuments!!!

Yay! Congrats on finishing day 30!! Looking forward to hearing about your progress!

Day 1 week 3 for me but it's my first week doing classic since I switched from lean. Chest and back for the first time today. Gross. I hate pushups. I'm using resistance bands for pull ups too and I'm not sure I was getting enough resistance. I know that last week when I was doing the workouts for the second time I felt like I was getting a lot more out of it so I'll just keep trucking and see how it goes next week....and maybe then I'll try to move further back or use a stronger band. Any people have any 30 pics they're going to post? I love hearing about people's achievements!
  • edavoll
    edavoll Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    P90X day 1 for me! Started the day with an egg white / veggie omelet and some turkey bacon for a double protein breakfast!

I completed P90X last summer. This is my second round!
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Didn't enjoy it at all, wasn't made any easier by my daughter doing it with me and being able to max out each of the stretches. She even managed to touch her knee to her nose during the glute stretch.

Lol, how cute!
    I haven't done X Stretch at all and I'm on week 5. I haven't even looked through that one.
  • j3nic3
    Options

Yay!!!! Day 30 for me tomorrow :-D
    Let us know how many inches you dropped!
  • mbeach1977
    Options
    The stats are in and I'm a happy woman!! Wish I had lost more lbs, don't know what was up with that this month. Missed my goal by a half pound.

weight: 159--156.5 (2.5)
    waist : 34.5--33 (1.5)
    hips: 41--39.5 (1.5)
    neck: 12.5--12.25 (.25)
    bicep: 13--12.75 (.25)
    thigh: 24.75--23.5 (1.25)
    bra line: 34--34 (0)
    calf: 15.5--15 (.5)

Overall, I'm pretty happy with those results! Looking forward to the next 30 days since it seems that phase 2 REALLY steps it up a notch!
  • j3nic3
    Options
    The stats are in and I'm a happy woman!! Wish I had lost more lbs, don't know what was up with that this month. Missed my goal by a half pound.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with those results! Looking forward to the next 30 days since it seems that phase 2 REALLY steps it up a notch!

Good job Mandy! :-D
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    had a new best today! Burned 872 calories during plyo! So excited! Celebrating with two scoop of protein shake! Haha.
  • j3nic3
    Options
    had a new best today! Burned 872 calories during plyo! So excited! Celebrating with two scoop of protein shake! Haha.

Awesome! Yummy, is it chocolate flavored? :-D
  • mbeach1977
    Options

Good job Mandy! :-D

Thanks!! Can't wait to hear your numbers tomorrow!!!
  • mbeach1977
    Options

Nice burn!! :)
  • chelios7
    chelios7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Great job!!!!!! I'll post my results tomorrow along with some pics if I can figure that out.
  • mbeach1977
    Options

Great job!!!!!! I'll post my results tomorrow along with some pics if I can figure that out.

No way am I posting pictures, lol!! I'm excited to hear everybody's results!
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    W1D1 complete. Missed some reps trying to learn the moves. Guess I'll watch the next days workout tonight so I know what to do tomorrow.

How is everyone logging their workouts in MFP?
  • mbeach1977
    Options
    W1D1 complete. Missed some reps trying to learn the moves. Guess I'll watch the next days workout tonight so I know what to do tomorrow.

How is everyone logging their workouts in MFP?

I use a HRM and create my own exercise and just input the numbers from HRM. Great job on day 1 only 89 to go!! :)