Did you lose weight with the 30 Day Shred?

Options
124»

Replies

• Sallerina84
    Sallerina84 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    yes you have to remember that muscle weighs heavier than fat, so if you're building muscle that may level out your fat loss on the scales and make it appear that you haven't lost any fat, when in actual fact, you have :)

I've just bought some new scales that measure fat percentage....so I'm interested to see if that goes down even if my weight doesnt!

I've just finished day 9 of the 30 day shred, so moving onto level 2 on Saturday after my final level one work out tomorrow.

I lost 2lbs in the first couple of days, the put one back on, and now lost it again....so 2lb loss in 9 days...but I can already see changes in my body so I think my muscles have toned up....hence the scales not moving that much.

It's a great work out and, even better, only takes 20-25 mins!!!

:)
  • Chicka_Boom
    Options
    I just read this post, and did my one-click-buy on amazon about 30seconds ago, and finally bought the 30day shred!!
    I really hope it does give me the boost i need, combined with 40 mins cardio 3/4times a week. I shall post any postive results after 10 days or so :)

for those who have used the DVD before, do I need weights/ a mat/ or anything whilst doing the workouts?? x

Good luck! It can be tough, but stick with it and it's really effective and fun. I'm doing her new workout now, Ripped in 30 one, but the 30 Day Shred was great too.

You do need a couple of things. You'll need some light hand weights. How heavy depends on how strong you are - I started out with 3 lb weights, then incorporated 5 lb weights in on the exercises I needed more resistance on, and I eventually graduated to using mostly 8 lb weights. Depends on your ability, preference, and strength. All you really need to get started are one set of little cheapie dumbbells, and you can even use something like two water bottles filled with sand (I once used wine bottles!).

You don't absolutely need a mat, but there are a lot of floor exercises, so it depends on your preference. The area I work out in is carpeted and I found that I started getting some rug burns from some of the exercises, so I started putting my yoga mat down. Have fun!
  • KathyStraw
    KathyStraw Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Today is day 6 for me and I have lost 2lbs so far. I heard from a freind and read a article saying that its best to exercise in the morning before you eat breakfast.
  • Sallerina84
    Options
    Today is day 6 for me and I have lost 2lbs so far. I heard from a freind and read a article saying that its best to exercise in the morning before you eat breakfast.

I totally agree!!!

Firstly you have an empty stomach so don't feel sluggish at all, and it really wakes you up and sets you up for the day!

Before doing 30DS I felt sooo tired getting up at 6.45 everyday, now I get up at 6.15 everyday to do 30ds before my normal routine then starts, and I feel more energised than ever!
  • goddessofmath
    goddessofmath Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow! Kudos to y'all for being able to get up early and work out! I don't get to work out until 8 every night. I am glad that after pushing it through 3 days of soreness, I'm not as sore today as I was. :) My buddies and I count reps after Jillian says "just a couple more" or "just a few more". We sooooo want to explain to her that a couple is 2 and a few is 3 or 4 NOT 8-10! LOL!

In 3 days I've put on 1.2 pounds despite eating very clean. I'm wondering if my sore muscles are a little swollen causing some water retention. I know muscle weighs more than fat, but it should be replacing fat. Ugh. I hate my scale today.
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what weights everyone is using? I was going to get 3kg (6.6lb) is that too heavy?
  • Sallerina84
    Options
    Wow! Kudos to y'all for being able to get up early and work out! I don't get to work out until 8 every night. I am glad that after pushing it through 3 days of soreness, I'm not as sore today as I was. :) My buddies and I count reps after Jillian says "just a couple more" or "just a few more". We sooooo want to explain to her that a couple is 2 and a few is 3 or 4 NOT 8-10! LOL!

In 3 days I've put on 1.2 pounds despite eating very clean. I'm wondering if my sore muscles are a little swollen causing some water retention. I know muscle weighs more than fat, but it should be replacing fat. Ugh. I hate my scale today.

Don't lose motivation because of the weight gain! I put on a bit then lost it again...I'm sure its down to muscle gain!

haha yeh I noticed that she says "a couple more" then does about 10 more too haha!
  • Sallerina84
    Options
    Can I ask what weights everyone is using? I was going to get 3kg (6.6lb) is that too heavy?

I use 5lb weights (2.5lb each) and I think that's what Jillian uses. Although I guess the heavier the better if you're not straining yourself.
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I use 2.5 or 3kg at a class at the gym but I didn't know how hardcore this DVD would be.
  • kermie79
    kermie79 Posts: 9
    Options

I started the program using 5 lb weights and after about two weeks was up to 8 lb weights.
  • alexwalper
    Options
    I'm on Day 8, and I had lost about a 1.5lbs by Day 5, but then TOM came knocking, and it's all been a bit screwy :grumble:.
    Inches wise, I can tell my stomach and legs have already shrunk, but I'm going to wait a little longer to take some real measurements. At the very least, I have already gotten a lot stronger, and my endurance has improved a ton!

I'm only doing 30DS five days a week, with 45 minutes of cardio at the gym on Saturday and Sunday as a rest day. There's no way I could do it for 30 straight days! You all are brave :). Also, I'm using 3lb weights.

I'm so glad to hear so many other people have had good results from this! I can't wait to finish and try her other DVDs :happy:.
  • goddessofmath
    goddessofmath Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I use 2.5 or 3kg at a class at the gym but I didn't know how hardcore this DVD would be.

I started with 3 lb per weight, and I'm pretty happy there. Feeling the burn but able to do most of the exercises without my arms falling off. One of my friends is using 5 lbs per weight and likes it. It just depends on what you're used to working out with. There's a set of weights at WalMart branded for the 30DS at a reasonable price. That way you could move up or down as needed.
  • 123Jude
    123Jude Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just read this post, and did my one-click-buy on amazon about 30seconds ago, and finally bought the 30day shred!!
    I really hope it does give me the boost i need, combined with 40 mins cardio 3/4times a week. I shall post any postive results after 10 days or so :)

for those who have used the DVD before, do I need weights/ a mat/ or anything whilst doing the workouts?? x

Good luck! It can be tough, but stick with it and it's really effective and fun. I'm doing her new workout now, Ripped in 30 one, but the 30 Day Shred was great too.

You do need a couple of things. You'll need some light hand weights. How heavy depends on how strong you are - I started out with 3 lb weights, then incorporated 5 lb weights in on the exercises I needed more resistance on, and I eventually graduated to using mostly 8 lb weights. Depends on your ability, preference, and strength. All you really need to get started are one set of little cheapie dumbbells, and you can even use something like two water bottles filled with sand (I once used wine bottles!).

You don't absolutely need a mat, but there are a lot of floor exercises, so it depends on your preference. The area I work out in is carpeted and I found that I started getting some rug burns from some of the exercises, so I started putting my yoga mat down. Have fun!

thanks hun :) i can't wait to start doing it at home it makes a change from hours in the gym with barely any results ! x
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I love it...i lost 5lbs in the first 10 days and im on day 20. Haven't weighed in since day 10. I have also lost lots of inches and im down a dress size already.

I have done it 20 days straight with no break and i run 3 x a week and walk on non run days aswell as the shred and do this around a busy full time job with long hours, but Jillian has become my hobby and i think of it more as relaxing now rather than exercise, although in the first week i was aching so much i couldn't wear heels to work. I can now finish all the exercises and im on Level 3.

I just love it and after this one I will get one of her other DVD's. If you put the work in and dedicate 20 mins a day you will def get results.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    Encouraging results. I'm on Day 4, Level 1 :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!