What are your biggest fears???

Options

Replies

• MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    urm clowns freak the heck out of me..getting the shivers just typing this. urgh urgh urgh
    i think im actually a bit scared of slimming down..i know it will be good for me but I think I'm always going to be conscious of what other people think of my appearance..
    and on a smaller note at the moment I'm scared of falling over with my bad knee and making it worse :(
  • MeaganAnn84
    Options
    1. Needles. I think that's my biggest fear, ever.
    2. Snakes. Big, small, doesn't matter.
    3. My boyfriend (who will be my husband some day) dying before me.
    4. Losing my mom.

On the other hand, my biggest loves...

1. My boyfriend
    2. My mom
    3. Decorating my house
    4. Cooking/baking
    5. The little garden I'm starting

Tell that stupid mouse to go away...ish. Trap it under a big bowl or something, that's what I would try to do! Good luck! :)
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    Speaking.
    The phone is the worst. I have a panic attack everytime I have to talk on the phone. Even if it's my husband.
    I don't like talking to strangers. I don't even like talking to my family. I have to force myself to do it. It's way out of my comfort zone.
    I want to join a gym but I'm scared to walk into one. Even more scared to ask questions. I know the second they see me they're laughing in their head about the fat girl who will never stick around.

If I buy a diet soda I'm pretty sure the cashier is thinking "Oh honey, that isn't going to help".

I'm afraid people don't like me. Everytime I post something, even here, I'm pretty sure people see my name and think "Oh crap. It's her again. I wish she would just shut up and go away." And when people say nice things I'm pretty sure they're lying. Like it's some type of joke to pretend to be nice to me. Me being the butt of the joke. I tell myself these things aren't true but I still believe them.

However, I could pour my heart out in text. I can make posts so long just the sight of them makes people not read them. I like to take all my dirty laundry and offer it up for examination. Maybe someone else feels the same way as me and by reading what I have to say they will feel less alone.

In spite of all this I think I'm a pretty damn awesome person. Weird.

You ARE a damn awesome person ! you just need a lil self confidence. Trust me it doesn't matter what people at the gym thinks. They probably won't even think any thing. I have seen people , strangers helping others out at the gym. how does it matter what the cashier thinks? How does it matter what Mr. x miss y thinks? Most people don't even remember you twenty seconds after they've met you. so what of people laugh? so what if they make fun. SO WHAT? people laughed at me when i was 196 lbs , they laughed at me when i chose salads over pizza , they are the same people who comment on how gorgeous i look now . Are you gonna stop living and yes i mean living not surviving just because you're afraid you don't fit someone else's bill. No honey go out there and live your life
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    Tornados
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    spiders
    losing my Mom or any of my family members
    dying alone
    not having lived life to the fullest
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Of never being truly happy
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    1) Spiders...I'm getting better. I can get them with the mini vaccuum now! And my cat likes to eat them, so he's a great help.
    2) Losing my fiance in any way (death, leaving me, whatever)
    3) Getting fat. I know it sounds vain, but I come from a family where a lot of people are obese and I know genes play a role in what you look like. And heart problems and diabetes runs in my family too. I would like to try and avoid all three of those. But that's why I am becoming healthy now, so it's easier as I get older.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    People
    having everything taken from me
    PEOPLE
    rejection
    PEOPLE!
    ummmm.....did I mention people?
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i'm slightly claustrophobic.. doesnt help that in work i sometimes have to fit into tight spaces..

ok no dirty comments there lol i'm not afraid of all tight spaces lol
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Cancer
    Losing my husband
    My children dying or being hurt
    Religion
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    The fear that I'll wake up at 50-60 years old one day and wonder where time went and what the heck have I done with my life to made me happy. I fear, fear itself.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    rounding the bases and finding a man on third?

underwater caves .... no problem with being underwater or in caves, but underwater caves are freaky to me.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    squirrels...

drowning/deep water...
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    My biggest fear is that my husband won't return after a deployment. Don't know what I would do if that were to happen.
  • supersarah14
    Options
    1) Any natural body of water. Weird, I know. I love the beach, I just HATE going in the water. (And I grew up on an island...go figure?)
    2) Never being able to have children.
    3) Losing my loved ones.
    4) One day, losing control of myself to the point of becoming so big, I can't walk by myself. It honestly terrifies me.
    5) Being stuck in one place and never being able to see new things/places.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    SNAKES.....PERIOD!
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Even numbers scare the crap out of me. Weird, I know.
  • DarkAngel864
    DarkAngel864 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I'll never find someone and/or never be able to have my own family
  • Lulana
    Lulana Posts: 19
    Options
    My whole life my biggest fear has been dying and as the years have passed and the weight has increased it just makes the fear more intense, to quote The Divine Bette Middler "The soul afraid of dying, never learns to live" That would be me.!!!
  • kristiek7
    kristiek7 Posts: 198
    Options
    ummmmmm something happening to my son.......he's my heart
    small spaces
    sometimes when i'm home alone......it suddenly strikes me that i'm 'alone'....and i'm afraid to look up in case there is someone looking in through a window at me
    being though of 'less' than i actually am by other people purely based on my shyness (it's usually misinterpreted as being snobby or stupid)

lol..k, therapy session is over........