another poop question...

Options
2»

Replies

• momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Add Flax Seed with Fiber into your diet. I add 2 or 3 tablespoons to my yogurt AND salad every day... had a hard time before - not any more!!!!

Trader Joe's has a big bag for like $3.

L.
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I've had the same problem and wondered what was going on. I'm not feeling constipated though, so I guess that everything is alright. It's just kind of strange to get used to. lol
  • higgldy_piggldy
    Options
    Ok this is a gross post...so you're going to get a gross response. :)

I was eating a lot more lean protein (egg whites, 0% plain Greek yogurt, etc.). It was all I could do to force myself to go. It wouldn't happen.

Of course, when I flubbed and had something greasy or had a lot of something I wasn't supposed to have....I'd go like a pro.

Now, I eat a 1/2 cup of whole rolled oatmeal in the morning and it takes 5 minutes to prepare (the less it's processed, the better) and no more than 6 of the sunsweet ones prunes throughout the day (I kid you not....they sort of taste like chocolate and fruit....they're moist, chewy, and amazing). Now. I'm pooping like a normal person. yay!!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    HALLELUJAH!!!! Thanks for all the help guys!
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    If we are going less does that mean there is a backlog and therefore the scales are saying we are heavier or is it cos there is just less to come out?

I have not been so regular/ not pooped as much for about 4 days, feel like I must be about 1-2 days behind so can I use that to explain why scales have not gone down or is it more likely it is just not gonna come out cos there is nothing needing to come out?
  • zackhanmom
    zackhanmom Posts: 11
    Options
    OK, this is total TMI, but, what could be causing my poop to turn white? Yes, white! I have been on the 17 day diet for more than 1 month and I feel good. I'm eating between 1200 and 1400 calories a day and exercising. I'm dropping almost 2 pounds per week. But, just the last few days, my poop has changed to a white color. I googled it and it says it could be liver issues. Now, I'm not a hypochondriac, and because I feel good, I'm not too worried about this, but would still like to know if anyone else has had any issues like this and what food could be the issue. I take several supplements daily - fish oil, flax seed, etc. Could I be too heavy on the probiotics?
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    This would easier to answer with a sample of said poop. Maybe you should post a pic.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Any episodes of sharp pain just under your ribs on the right side?

Light stools are one symptom of gall bladder disease. I have gall stones and I definitely notice a changes in BM color a day or two after an attack. If you've drastically cut your fat during your recent weight loss, it can cause stones to form. Apparently our gall bladder needs a certain amount of fat to contract. When we eat very low fat, stones can form, then if we eat something fatty and cause the gall bladder to contract...it can push a stone into the bile ducts and cause pain.

Eventually, I'll likely have to have mine out but for the moment it is just classified as biliary colic since my episodes, while painful, are short-lived and not accompanied by fever, nausea, vomiting, etc.
    OK, this is total TMI, but, what could be causing my poop to turn white? Yes, white! I have been on the 17 day diet for more than 1 month and I feel good. I'm eating between 1200 and 1400 calories a day and exercising. I'm dropping almost 2 pounds per week. But, just the last few days, my poop has changed to a white color. I googled it and it says it could be liver issues. Now, I'm not a hypochondriac, and because I feel good, I'm not too worried about this, but would still like to know if anyone else has had any issues like this and what food could be the issue. I take several supplements daily - fish oil, flax seed, etc. Could I be too heavy on the probiotics?