I'm SO hungry, I could eat an elephant.

Options
I'm seriously so, so, so hungry. ALL the time. I know that this probably has to do with me not eating enough filling foods...but I'm about to gnaw off my arm right now. I'm so incredibly hungry.

Replies

• enoch40
    enoch40 Posts: 9
    Options
    i want some ice cream so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe for elephant stew, if you'd like it. :laugh:
  • pepper396
    pepper396 Posts: 33
    Options
    I am like this two on some days.... some days so hungry like today even with a great breakfast, snacked for lunch and hungry before 5pm dinner. I chugged so much water wasn't sure what to do but pee it out! I was full. Yet after my healthy dinner the desert needs kicked in. I need to ban the sugar needs and keep eating protein like the South Beach when I go on it. South beach is so much more filling but I like counting my calories to let me have what I WANT. I sometimes feel 1200 is too low but at the same time 1200 has been plenty this week. I hope for a nice loss by Sunday! What do you you do when you are so hungry and eating and water just doesn't cut it???
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    Wonder if elephant tastes like chicken? ;P LMFAO
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it. I have been like that all week.

Actually today is the first day I haven't been starving, I have had to really push myself to even hit 1200, and didn't even start eating back my circuit training cals. I can't help wondering if the extremely protein packed frittata I had for lunch had anything to do with it, and these protein ravers have a point........
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I get like this alot too. last night my status actually was similar to this ;) hang in there, and DO NOT give in like I did last nigh, it wont make ya feel any better. :grumble:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it. I have been like that all week.

Actually today is the first day I haven't been starving, I have had to really push myself to even hit 1200, and didn't even start eating back my circuit training cals. I can't help wondering if the extremely protein packed frittata I had for lunch had anything to do with it, and these protein ravers have a point........

I'm a protein raver! I got my protein bar glowsticks and beef jerky pacifier when I start rollin' on whey protein powder, and bumpin' trance. :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I get like this alot too. last night my status actually was similar to this ;) hang in there, and DO NOT give in like I did last nigh, it wont make ya feel any better. :grumble:

Thanks...you're totally right. It never makes me feel better in the long run. It's just a short term physical solution, and then immediate guilt sets in. I'm going to be strong..
    (:
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    i want some ice cream so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:

ICE CREAM. You scream for ice scream. I scream for ice cream. WE all scream for ice cream.....I can't remember the last time I had ice cream. I think I'll have it for my cheat day this Sunday. YUM
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options

Nah- not the animal crackers kind. :laugh:
  • traceyrbb
    traceyrbb Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just want to eat and I'm fighting with myself over it. I hate when I get like this because it's like something has taken over my brain and makes me eat and the more I fight it the more crabby I get and the more I want to eat! UGH! I've done so bad today but the funny part is my NET calories is 1230 which most people say is normal...I see it that I ate over 2000 calories even though I burned 770 in exercise. I think the more I eat the more I want and the more I exercise the hungrier I get.....HELP ME!!!
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously so, so, so hungry. ALL the time. I know that this probably has to do with me not eating enough filling foods...but I'm about to gnaw off my arm right now. I'm so incredibly hungry.

a big elephant - made of chocolate, and I don't have to share with anybody:))...my dream...:))LOL .....lots and lots of chocolate......
  • jdier
    jdier Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've been ravenous the last week! My go-to snack is 1 cup of cucumbers- only about 14 calories!! They help me feel a bit more full. If I have a few extra calories I'll dip them in something like light ranch dressing.
  • Brookelee30
    Brookelee30 Posts: 102
    Options
    If I want something extra or have cravings then I will workout more to eat those calories. Helps a lot! It helps me decide hoe bad I really want that candy bar..... Is it worth almost an hour walk?!? Some days it is :0)
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    It depends on how long you have been counting calories..when I first started I felt hungry constantly. After a few weeks it settled down to the point where I would get food "hangovers" from eating too much!

Give your body time to adjust...a litte tummy rumble is normal in the first week...your body needs time to get used to the reduced cals (this is from my experience only not medical stuff). Make sure you're getting plenty of water too...

Good Luck...remember...listen to your body....if you feel incredibly hungry then eat something!

:flowerforyou:
  • sceck
    sceck Posts: 219
    Options
    Go for the complex carbs. They don't spike the blood sugar, keep you fuller longer, not a crash at the end. I've been eating a lot of beans lately. Black beans, garbanzo beans (or make hummus), lentil soup. Even oatmeal for dessert. It sounds weird but I stir a little bit of peanut butter, yogurt, and honey into oatmeal for an evening snack. I posted Oatmeal Peanut Butter cookies on the recipes. They're pretty good, too. And no sugar, no flour.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options

nope , sorry
    tastes like chocolete! :)):)):laugh:
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Give your body time to adjust...a litte tummy rumble is normal in the first week...your body needs time to get used to the reduced cals (this is from my experience only not medical stuff). Make sure you're getting plenty of water too...

Thank you so much. This is great advice. I've only been here for a week and a half. I think you're right - my stomach is used to my old ways maybe!

Thanks (:
  • VeronicaMcGuinness
    Options
    I just had a crazy moment like that , I thought I was going to start gnawing the paint off the walls...I found these little tasty treats from Publix in the frozen food section called vita tops , they only have 100 calories but are packed with vitamins , fiber and protein which Fiber and protein makes you feel FULL , You can room temp thaw it or do what i did..Get you the triple chocolate vita top , warm it in the microwave for 30 seconds where the chips are melted , put you a 1/2 cup of fat free vanilla frozen yogurt on the top and enjoy..it did the trick!
  • CraftyJenguin
    CraftyJenguin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I had a day like that the other day. From the time I got home from work I could not stop eating! I finally made myself ride my stationary bike for a while. I've also gone for a walk or done a workout DVD. It doesn't always make me not hungry, but it distracts me for a while. Plus I burn some of those calories I was consuming.