what diet is everyone on?

Options

Replies

• jen2bthin78
    Options
    I LOVE THAT DIET!!! Too funny.. I have tried a few different "diets" but i am all for the dont eat like a moron and definitely still to the calorie the mfp tell you to do!!! It will be great this is an awesome community!!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I, also, changed my lifestyle. If you educate yourself you will automatically change the foods you eat. All my receipes come from either the p90x or chalean extreme nutrition guides. Also, you don't want to give up carbs completely but you want to change the type of carbs you eat. Eliminate white or processed carbs. My suggestion is 40/40/20 (carbs/protein/fat). This is part of the beachbody (makes of the above programs) thought process and i have had good success so far. Also, it isn't just your eating that affects weight loss. You need a good workout routine with a mix of weigths and cardio.
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    Diet...nah. I'm using the principles in Robert Ferguson's "Food Lover's Fat Loss System." In this eating style you eat protein (lean meat, fish, chicken, etc.), vegetable and a carb (slow carb or fast carb - the slow carb is a vegetable or fruit that metabolizes slowly turning into sugar and a fast carb is one that immediately turns into sugar when eaten, such as white potatoes). He also tell you to eat every 2-3 hours to keep you metabolism on high. Maybe "Google" his name to find out if this plan is for you..it's helped me a year ago..now I'm back on. I hope you find the eating lifestyle that you enjoy. :smile:
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm on the eat less, exercise more way of life "diet"
  • bmales
    bmales Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't think diet's work, so my best advice to you is to eat in moderation and try not to each carbs after 2pm and definetly not after 8pm of a night time. Eat healthy all week and then give yourself a reward day ...,say Friday night for example, where you might buy a takeaway or have a few beers after work!
    Each regularly... 6-7 small meals a day, lots of leafy greens, and protein rich foods.
  • randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm on the Use-Common-Sense-And-Don't-Eat-Like-A-Moron diet.

It works.

i love it!

141041.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Me too! :)
    Seriously, cut your cals, log your foods!! Exercise!! IT WORKS, I have been overweight my whole life and this is what is finally working for me.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Not on a 'diet.' I eat what I want to & just count the calories. Strictly portion control to hold the calorie count down.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet, I follow the guidelines of MFP and workout.
  • jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    For my husband and I it's been a lifestyle change for about three years now. It wasn't until recently that we added exercise into it. We use the cookbook "Eating For Life" by Bill Phillips. It has some great recipes and information in it.

Good luck on your journey. :)
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I just watch what I eat and exercise regularly. "Diets" don't work. You lose weight while you're on them, but you gain that weight right back (and then some!) as soon as you go off them and start eating regularly again. Simply reduce your portions, cut back on the crap foods, and get some exercise (cardio and strength training) on a regular basis. The fat might not fly off you, but you will lose the flab slowly and you'll be able to keep it off. It's that simple.
  • jenniferlspies
    Options
    Not on a diet, just trying to eat better and have balance. I measure what I eat, but I don't deny myself if I can fit it into my daily calories. I've tried the South Beach Diet a couple times in the past, but it was just too restrictive and boring for me to stick to forever. Now, I feel that I the I am eating is something I can do for the rest of my life!
  • dekarlo08
    dekarlo08 Posts: 102
    Options
    If you feel like you ned it to be structured just consider it a calorie diet and make sure you plan out an exercise schedule. It'll feel more like a "diet" that way. But really, in the long run, all you are doing is changing your lifestyle. :happy:
  • Angeladobush
    Angeladobush Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You don't need a diet per say....you just need to eat healthy, in moderation, and the dreaded exercise......make it a lifelong change and it will be the last "diet" you will ever use.....believe me I have tried them all, and failed in the end.....this is working and I love it! Friend me if you like or just look at my food diary to see what I do and how it is working. Good luck on your journey!
  • soccermom03
    Options
    Eat less exercise more.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options

It works.

I am intrigued, how does this diet work
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I love everyone's answers. I just wrote a blog on this. The only diet that will work everytime is a healthy, balanced diet. With exercise. People say "It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change" and, as cliche as it sounds, it's true!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options

It works.

Me too! lol
  • CurlyVonda
    CurlyVonda Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't consider myself on a diet, but I am following the Weight Watchers Point's Plus program and counting calories on this site. :smile:
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the answers in this thread! I agree with all of the above. The best "diet" you can be on is a balanced diet that you can sustain for the rest of your life. If you're doing something and you have this underlying feeling that you can't wait till it's over, then that's a big red flag.

Here are some wise words my brother once told me: "If you eat right and exercise, you will get results. Period. End of story."
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Dieting doesn't work. At least not for me. I can diet and be uber successful and once the diet's over, the weight eventually comes back. I'm tired of the yo-yo effect. I'm ready to change my relationship with food. Introducing myself to some new things, and saying goodbye to a few that have never done any good for me. I'm also learning to treat myself, without abusing it. That way, those things that are not so good for me, I can learn to enjoy them once in a while without abusing it.

Good luck on your journey!