MFP Runner's Club - July 31

Options
2»

Replies

• pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I ran last night in the thickest, muddiest, drip off your skin humidity -

So I hope Banks posts today because I wanted to tell him that I retract what I said the other day - I can run a 5K in 22 minutes - did it last night. We did Tempo Run - 4 minutes on, 2 minutes off and I finished 3.5 in 22 minutes. That is the first time that I could really see my progress. I wasn't even winded. Left there and went to strength training class.

Wow! 22 minutes! That is awesome! Be sure to sign up for some 5Ks. I'll bet you can finish even faster in a race and with a time like that you are sure to get an award.

Congrats on your progress:drinker:
    :heart: -Kechie.

I was thinking the same thing. Right now I am completely focused on getting through this 10 miler on 8/24, then I may do a few 5K's to see how I finish. My last 5K was in early May and I finished in 26 minutes - so much progress!!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    :heart: Thanks for all your encouragement! Can't wait to get started and see how it goes!!!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Runners!!

Slender - is this SEAL program only in Richmond? I am going to look into it and see if they do it in NoVA, closer to me. Sounds like a blast!

Shannon - 100 degree ain't nothing! Get out there and run!

I ran last night in the thickest, muddiest, drip off your skin humidity -

So I hope Banks posts today because I wanted to tell him that I retract what I said the other day - I can run a 5K in 22 minutes - did it last night. We did Tempo Run - 4 minutes on, 2 minutes off and I finished 3.5 in 22 minutes. That is the first time that I could really see my progress. I wasn't even winded. Left there and went to strength training class.

Today is my MIL's b-day, so no exercise today, we are taking her out to dinnner and possibly a boat ride depending on the weather.

Have a great day everyone!!!

As far as I know it's only in Richmond, but I am sure you could find something similiar to the program up in your area. Where in NoVA do you live? I grew up in Chantilly. :)

I don't live in NoVA, I am in Maryland. but my job takes to me Manassas and Rockville and DC, so if they did other programs in VA, I could arrange my schedule accordingly.
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Hey guys! Man I slept in later than I expected today..so I only got in a mile before my CSI class (Cardio, Strength Intervals). Oh well I just needed to get some kind of running in! I am planning on doing one of my long runs tomorrow morning and I can't wait! Anyway hope everyone enjoys their day! Its almost friday!!!

Happy running :smile:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Late in the day, and just checking in.
    Had a doctor appointment (pumping up the new ones:bigsmile: ) and it is far away, so it took most all morning, so I didn't run yet, but I am maybe looking at the treadmill if I really push myself or feel guilty for not running or get a second wind!!! Really am pooped out from the drive and then went to lunch with hubby.
    Did pretty good I think, we went to a Japanese buffet, and I ate a little chicken (hoping not cooked in bad stuff) and mostly green beans and broccoli. I tasted a few things, but really kept it down to tasting it and not filling up on it. I know the food at some of these places look healthy, but then they aren't. Like the vegis, probably cooked in butter. mmmm now how to log it.
    Will check it in here tomorrow.
    Sorry to have missed everyone today.
    Sounds like most had a good day.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Had a doctor appointment (pumping up the new ones:bigsmile: ) and it is far away, so it took most all morning, so I didn't run yet, but I am maybe looking at the treadmill if I really push myself or feel guilty for not running or get a second wind!!! Really am pooped out from the drive and then went to lunch with hubby.
    Did pretty good I think, we went to a Japanese buffet, and I ate a little chicken (hoping not cooked in bad stuff) and mostly green beans and broccoli. I tasted a few things, but really kept it down to tasting it and not filling up on it. I know the food at some of these places look healthy, but then they aren't. Like the vegis, probably cooked in butter. mmmm now how to log it.

"Pumping up the new ones"?
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options

"Pumping up the new ones"?

I guess I could have been more specific, Most of you know in the runners club anyway, I found breast cancer almost 2 years ago now (age 38). I had to eventually after many operations end up with full mastectomy. I am currently undergoing reconstruction and I go and get pumped up because they have to stretch the skin to make room for my new boobies. That is why in my house when we hear the word "boobies" we all say "YEAH BOOBIES!"
    The Chemo for 16 months is why I gained so much weight, I gained 50 pounds in about the last 6-8 months of treatment.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    YEAH BOOBIES:drinker:

:heart: -Kechie.
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Hey there all....posting my early morning late! I got up this morning at 5 and threw the shoes on. Wanted to BEAT THE HEAT! I ended just over 6 miles! Great way to start the day....

Going out for another 3 tonight....walking this time though:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Keep up the great work....YOU GUYS ROCK!!

Happy Running!!!

Ali