Will you still track once you reach goal?

Options
13»

Replies

• Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yes I plan to track. I never want to gain it back!

Nina
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Yup!
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I most definitely plan to continue tracking after I reach my goal. This is the last time I am going to have to lose this weight, and tracking is the only way I can be sure that I will hold myself accountable. Also, I now have the knack of eating/exercising to lose weight, but the whole idea of adjusting things to maintain a constant weight is a scary one. I will need this to keep myself from spiraling out of control again...at least for a period of time after I hit my goal.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I have been tracking my maintenance for almost 9 months now. It's easy enough and keeps me in line. I'm not as strict as I was in weight loss. For example, I don't log every bit of sodium anymore and sometimes I estimate amounts instead of measuring precisely. Occasionally, a day will be skipped. I was diligent during weight loss, but on maintenance I'm a little more laid back. Works well for me!
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    I've been at my goal weight for almost 6 months and I've tracked every day since I joined MFP :smile: Even though I know the approximate calories I eat every day I still track because this has been the best weight loss tool I've EVER used!!
  • shannalparker
    shannalparker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yep, I think I need to to stay on track :)
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I'll keep tracking. I've come to accept that if my body was so good at knowing what it needs, I wouldn't have gained weight in the first place.
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I really only just started tracking at the beginning of this past month, but I already have it in my mind that I'll probably keep doing it once I reach my goal. I'm tired of gaining the weight back, and don't ever want to see the wrong side of 200 pounds again!
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It's probably going to take me a year to get to goal, so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it to take at least a similar amount of time to establish a healthy maintenance programme. So yes, I'll keep on tracking for at least that long and then review. There's no way I want to go through the hard work of losing the weight, only to put it all back on again (for the umpteenth time, and a bit more each time).
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Tracking is going to have to be a lifestyle for me as will weighing daily.