Good ab exercises?

Options
2»

Replies

• pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Planks IMO are the best you can do. Kettleball works well too in terms of compound movement across the entire core.

Bottom line I think focus is more important than type when it comes to ab exercises, i.e. standard crunch is a great ab workout but it also pretty easy to do it so that hip flexors take the brunt of the resistance. Concentrate on slow tight contractions and you'll be getting a great workout regardless of the exercise you're doing.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I really like planks. Started doing them recently and they're great.

Normally i do weighted situps and oblique twists both on machines.

And I'll do medicine ball situps on a decline bench.

Squats work great too. Thats why I don't do a ton of ab work.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing alot of good things. I agree about the planks...they are the best core builder!

Also know that you cannot spot reduce fat, you can only build muscle in that area...ab excercises will not get rid of the fat on your tummy. Only calories in and out will do that!

My Zumba instructor said something great A six pack doesn't happen at the gym, it happens in the kitchen...you are what you eat!

:smile:
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

My Zumba instructor said something great A six pack doesn't happen at the gym, it happens in the kitchen...you are what you eat!

:smile:

I heard that one from jillian, use it all the time.
  • I_Bake_Cakes23
    Options
    Bumpity bump!