200 pounds to lose, but a smile on my face

Options
2»

Replies

• realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I started on March 11th and am down 18# so far. I certainly do not have as much as you do to lose but understand where you are coming from.
    Start every day as a new start, don't beat yourself for "mistakes". This site is great because it does not take you from eating way too much to 1200 calories overnight. It will adjust your dietary needs as you lose so that the changes in your eating habits are easier to assimilate into your daily routine.

Stick with it GF!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    welcome to the first day of your journey to better health and the first day of the rest of your life....you can do this.....you have the want, you NOW have the tools and support with this amazing site....you can do this....you just have to reach out for the support and i promise you it will ALWAYS be there.....
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude! I'm here for support!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! Keep that smile on your face and keep reminding yourself why you want to reach your goal and you will accomplish it.

As far as not being able to walk very far - that's ok. Start out with short walks and as you lose the weight and become more healthy, you will be able to do more. The say that doing 5 to 10 minutes several times a day is just as effective as doing 30 minutes straight. I don't know much about cardiomyopathy but if I was you, I'd make sure you're getting your doctor's approval for exercise with your condition. Maybe even wear a heart rate monitor if you're not supposed to get your heart rate up too high.
  • dlm1212
    dlm1212 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. You CAN do it!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck my dear. I understand what you're feeling. I've been on this journey since last Feb and am trying to do it the right way so it doesn't come back.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    :happy: You've got the right attitude and all the motivation in the world. I'll send a request as I'd like to be part of your support! I'm also desperate for a baby and understand lots of your other issues as well. Welcome to the marathon
  • myvenus
    myvenus Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I also will support you in any way I can....and I truly believe this site (MFP) is the site for all of us to achieve that goal, whether it be 30 pounds, 60 pounds, 100 pounds, 200 pounds, etc, we are all looking for THE SAME results....I will send you a friend request and I will always be here for support, as well as you for me :flowerforyou:
  • Bonnie1974
    Options
    Welcome,

You can do it, once you geet your mind around everything, and stay focused you will see the lbs drop off, and feel better. Just by inputting your daily food intake.

Stay with your positive attitude.. Here if u need anything
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Great attitude...welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • jaelwoman
    jaelwoman Posts: 81
    Options
    Welcome!! I love your attitude! Feel free to friend me! I'd love to be friends with you!
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    Please friend me.

I admire your courage and determination.

Sending you lots of love and support for as long as you want or need it.

love,
    michele
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    You're 34 years old and that makes you still young enough to lose the weight and still enjoy your life. I've lost 75lbs and have kept it off for over 2.5 years. I understand the feeling you are goin thru by puttin a fake smile on your face. It's hard. You can definitly do this! Feel free to add me, I wish you all of the luck in the world! I wish you better health as well!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making the very difficult decision to take control of your life and to have a happier and healthier future. You will definitely find lots of support and good advice here.

Remember to take it one day at a time, and at your own pace. You will succeed and reach your goals.

If you would like more support, feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and please remember to take this one day at a time.

You are never going to be perfect and you will need to be
    1.) Patient with yourself in overcoming and changing bad habits and addictions,
    2.) Persevere even when you feel like giving up. Success is never giving up,
    3.) and be Positive about yourself and the process. If you don't believe you can do it, you will not do it.

You can do it!:flowerforyou: MFP does work if you work it!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    you can do this.it takes time,commitment and lots of hard work.
    Just don`t get discouraged and don`t quit.
    Take it 1 day at a time.
    Welcome!!!
    jane:flowerforyou:
  • kanglj65
    kanglj65 Posts: 25
    Options
    Welcome! YOU CAN DO IT!!! One day at a time- one MINUTE at a time, but it will all be worth it in the end. And remember, you may need BIG changes, but it starts with SMALL steps- don't set yourself up for failure. :flowerforyou:
  • drjackson23
    drjackson23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good luck girls! The best way that Ive found to lose weight is to eat as many fresh veggies and fruits as you can stand! Dont get side tracked and keep up the exercise, It only hurts for a little while!!! :)