I knew I had to lose weight when....................

Options
I bath every night rather than shower and I love those puff things that are made out of a sort of netting to get a good lather going on. I came home from work one evening and got ready for my bath and found a body puff tucked under my stomach. It had been there since the night before.

Replies

• Marcellus_08
    Options
    hahahahahahaha. Totally HILARIOUS! :)
    Your doing fantastic! :)
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    are you pulling our leg ..lol
  • jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173
    Options
    Any motivation is good motivation!
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I knew I had to lose weight when I was placed on bp meds and my father died due to illnesses associated with obesity. And when my son was born. I wanted to live long enough to see his first birthday.
  • meljr66
    meljr66 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh, No! Congratulations on your success so far. I knew I had to lose weight when...the kids in my preschool classes said that they liked to hug me because I was so "squishy"!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I bath every night rather than shower and I love those puff things that are made out of a sort of netting to get a good lather going on. I came home from work one evening and got ready for my bath and found a body puff tucked under my stomach. It had been there since the night before.

hahahahaha NO WAY! wow. glad u decided to make a change!

for me it was when I split my pants lol. literally. i have a big booty and thick legs so i always have to wiggle into my jeans but 2 summers ago i ripped one of my favorite pairs :grumble:

I realized it wasn't just a big booty problem it was all of me needed to get in shape!
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    OMG that sounds horrible....
    (something to laugh about when you look back)

I knew I had to lose weight when......................my 4 year old told his daddy he didn't need a new trampoline (after it broke), because mummy had a fat bouncy tummy.
    I knew I had to lose weight when..................... my 6 year old asked me if the new baby was going to be a boy or girl (not pregnant this time)
  • tuscaroragal
    tuscaroragal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would end up with injuries just from sleeping! Now, that's OUT OF SHAPE!! :)
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Good for you on your weight loss!!! I knew I had to lose weight when I couldn't even go up a flight of stairs without huffin and puffin then had to stop to catch my breath.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I've never had that happen...did you fall asleep in the bath while washing up?

I knew I had to lose weight when..

- I couldn't stand for more than 5 minutes at a time.

- When I realized I became a bad friend for not wanting to join my friends during holidays (mainly halloween) and go to a place called Haunted Trails or the Haunted Hotel. I couldn't walk it.

- Realizing that when I buy a car that I can't get "the cute one". I have to get the one that I fit in...

- I want to be in a relationship and I DIDN'T love myself so how can I expect someone else to love me.

- I also want to have children at some point and my obesity won't get me there.

- I realized I decided on a career that would aid in sitting all day long...when what I really wanted to do was go to culinary school (required standing)

- Flying to the UK (or flying in general) is/was very uncomfortable. I've been lucky had have had awesome people who've sat by me who are very understanding. Not having to ever squeeze into the seat and ask for a seat belt extender.

- Being able to fit on rides at parks

- Not being able to fit in booths at restaurants....

There are tons more but these are the ones that pop into my head right now.
  • taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Thats so sad
  • maryritt529
    Options
    I saw a looked at a picture of myself someone had taken and I honestly didn't recognize myself :(
  • maryritt529
    Options
    I saw a looked at a picture of myself someone had taken and I honestly didn't recognize myself :(
    Sorry...I looked at a picture of myself that someone had taken and I honestly didn't recognize myself.:(
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I knew I had to lose weight when....

1) My fiance proposed and I pictured my current body in a wedding gown

2) When my weight prone areas (thighs/butt) became so full that my body started a muffin top

3) I was pant shopping and had to try on pants a size up

4) When I hit 150...never again
  • rhonda1981
    rhonda1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness. That is so funny, I can't believe you didn't feel it scraping you. It looks like you have made great progress, don't ever give up. We are here to support you.
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    I had to squeeze to fit on the rides at Six Flags.
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    When you get in the bath and the water behind you sits higher than the water in front and when it drains away, its all gone in front but still left behind you! also when you end up sitting half perched on the sani bin in the public bathrooms cos your booty hangs over the end of the seat oooooooow.
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    When I started purposely sitting to the side of the room with no mirrors during my boyfriend's little girl's dance classes!
  • evseqvar
    evseqvar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    hahahaha!!! got the laugh of the day!
    You're going in good direction, good for you!
  • alejan1975
    alejan1975 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i overheard my wife complaining about me to her cousin. Kinda blows the confidence! And not fair to her since she is not overweight. Good news is i'm halfway to my goal!