I knew I had to lose weight when....................

Options

Replies

• SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    - When I realized I became a bad friend for not wanting to join my friends during holidays (mainly halloween) and go to a place called Haunted Trails or the Haunted Hotel. I couldn't walk it.

When I read this, I had to see if you were from San Diego. We're practically neighbors! lol

I knew I had to lose weight when I finally realized that being this big is holding me back from doing a lot of things that I'd really like to do.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is a wake up.

For me it was having run away blood pressure 220/180 and a stroke at 43. Happily the stroke was not blood pressure related so is very unlikely to ever happen again, and the blood pressure is under such good control I have been consistently coming off meds. I am not off all of them yet, but it is so low right now I am sure I will be coming off another soon.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    When I read this, I had to see if you were from San Diego. We're practically neighbors! lol

I am :)
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I grew up with an obese mother. Although I'd like her to lose the weight, I'll admit any day of the week that I LOVED snuggling in her cushy belly! I'd take an overweight mommy over a skinny one any day. Except, of course, I'd want her to be healthy and live FOREVER!!!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I grew up with an obese mother. Although I'd like her to lose the weight, I'll admit any day of the week that I LOVED snuggling in her cushy belly! I'd take an overweight mommy over a skinny one any day. Except, of course, I'd want her to be healthy and live FOREVER!!!!

My 17 year old feels this way. She says I'm "cuddly". She also likes to jiggle my belly fat which makes me wanna smack her upside the head.
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    In response to a couple of posts, no, I'm not pulling your leg and I have no idea how I ended up there lol. Of course there are other far more serious reasons why I'm losing the weight but this has kinda stuck in my memory. It does seem pretty funny now.
  • jacquejl
    Options

My 17 year old feels this way. She says I'm "cuddly". She also likes to jiggle my belly fat which makes me wanna smack her upside the head.

Omigosh, that's so funny! :laugh: I never did that. I'd just curl up next to her on the couch and suck my thumb, LOL! By the time I was 17, my mother was too stressed with 4 teenagers to snuggle anymore. :grumble:
  • jacquejl
    Options
    In response to a couple of posts, no, I'm not pulling your leg and I have no idea how I ended up there lol. Of course there are other far more serious reasons why I'm losing the weight but this has kinda stuck in my memory. It does seem pretty funny now.

You've done well!! 48lbs is AWESOME!! I'm very proud of you! :flowerforyou:
  • nkenga
    nkenga Posts: 46
    Options
    ...when I realized that no woman in my family has lived past the age of 65, because of high blood pressure, diabetes, or cancer, realized that my mother was already on that route with all three, and that I was well on my way with prehypertension at age 36.
  • Georgie_P
    Georgie_P Posts: 62
    Options

Ok San Diego folks - we need to met and do a Group HUG!
  • plain_jane
    plain_jane Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ...my (super skinny) son was watching TV and a commercial for some weight loss drug came on and mentioned the dreaded "muffin top" and showed one magically melting away, and he (ever so innocently) yells out, "Hey, mom has a muffin top!" That, and I had ripped out the crotch of some favorite jeans the week before from tugging so hard to get them on!

Then, when I first came here assuming I only had a few pounds to lose and realized that I was officially overweight by BMI, which I did not previously realize. It's so nice to be back in the healthy range and I can't wait until my kids don't think of me as chubby muffin top mommy!
  • jacquejl
    Options

Ok San Diego folks - we need to met and do a Group HUG!

HUGS from South Dakota!! :bigsmile:
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ...my doctor told me i'd have complications if i ever got pregnant. or that i'd need fertility drugs to get pregnant. sigh.
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    ..... when I saw a picture of myself that I didn't recognize. I looked like Jabba the Hut
  • Idoiya
    Idoiya Posts: 2
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I so hear ya about the smack to the head. My eldest daughter says I'm fluffy and trys to jiggle the jello belly :blushing: ... no more... I can still be fluffy and healthy.:wink:
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    bump
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I knew I had to lose weight when....I was wearing a size 18 denim skirt, sooooo unacceptable on so many levels.
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    1.) I went to a doctor to see about why I wasn't having a period for 2 months and they weighed me (standard procedure) and I saw 1-6-3 on the scale (in that order) and I'm only 5'3 or 5'4...

2.) At aforementioned Dr. appointment, the doctor told me that my body went off-whack because something wasn't working right and told me that I may have to have treatments/drugs to get pregnant...
  • shannonpatton
    shannonpatton Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Omg! Lol thAts okay, I'm sure we all had something like that happen to us!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    For me its when I couldn't fit anything in my closet. Literally!