"How do you drink so much water?"...

Options
13»

Replies

• treadingpurple
    Options
    Well, since I don't have a large intestine anymore (due to emergency surgery back in 2008), I have no choice but to drink a lot of fluids everyday to prevent dehydration. If you don't have a large intestine, your body has lost its main source of absorbing fluids, and your small intestine only picks up a little of the slack. I got used to drinking a lot of fluids very quickly, because I hated the sick feeling I'd get from being dehydrated.
    I just keep a pitcher of water in the fridge to keep it cold, and I refill a glass or water bottle throughout the day.
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I really must get back into the habit of drinking more water. When I was at work it was difficult to get to a drink and I used to make up for it on my days off. But now I'm retired I seem to have lost my way. Makes a note to herself to do better.
  • bellarox13
    bellarox13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Haha I drink about 6 litres a day. I love water, my water bottle is always by my side. I go to the toilet so much though.
  • purplehaze12
    Options
    *sigh* I wish I liked water. When I've dieted in the past, I'll force myself to drink a lot more water and get rid of other drinks. Still, even after a long period of time of drinking solely water I only really like it when I'm actually exercising and need to quench my thirst. Here where I'm living carbonated water is super popular so I get that a lot. I also really like flavored waters I've gotten before, like the Strawberry Dasani. I don't know why it is...but I can be at a restaurant and drink 2-3 glasses of Diet Coke, but when I order water, I'll just sip it every now and then and never even get a refill. I'm planning to switch to all water again, but it's so forced for me!!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    It is almost impossible to drink to much water. Yes drinking large amounts of water in one sitting. Drinking large amounts of water throughout the day won't hurt you.

http://chemistry.about.com/cs/5/f/blwaterintox.htm