JEEPS!

Options
Any Jeep fans on here!? We just bought our second! Just seeing who else is out there! :glasses:
The Cherokee is a 4.0L I6 on 31" Kelvar Mud Terrains...(mine)
Wrangler is a 4.0L I6 on 31" Kelvar Mud Terrains with a Dana44 rear end, sway bar disconnects and is a manual. (the man's)
We are eventually getting a soft top as well and after the "family" suv is bought we will lift the wrangler.
cherokee.jpg
wrangler.jpg

Replies

• foxknowe
    foxknowe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You really do love this Jeep
  • fallenmack1989
    Options
    yeah I own a grand cherokee and I love it, the power of it is awesome!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    What's not to love, trustworthy, capable and very multiuse. But apparently not many on here..... Bummer :-/
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I had one, '86 six cyl with hard top. Does that count? I've also had 2 International Scouts, 1 Bronco (the real Bronco), I'm not admitting to how many Rangers.... currently have a Trooper, minor engine mods, 3 inch lift and all the fancy lights and stuff. Haven't gotten around to putting the winch on yet. I like the trooper, it isn't a jeep but has tons of interior room, beafy running gear, and keeps pace with every one else. I have a Z71 also, but I'm trying to trade it.10 mpg, uck.

Oh, the trooper really really needs a locker in the front diff. If you get the pass side down hill, it reverts to 2wd.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    We have a 2007 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara edition with the cloth top. It's our baby! We bought it the month before we had our first child and it's one of those vehicles that we intend on keeping until she is old enough to learn how to drive!

Betty Beep Jeep!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    WA plates, on a Jeep, at the beach?
    Any chance you're going to Olympus Rally?
  • dirtyblue
    dirtyblue Posts: 90
    Options
    We actually own 3 jeeps!!! 1995 YJ - the Rock Crawler! on 35' tires, Dana 44 rears, full cage, 4.88 gears, etc, etc, etc

2940294740051329667S200x200Q85.jpg

2nd is a 1985 CJ . This is the husband's

1406326057051329667S200x200Q85.jpg

And the son has a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    No actually, but it seems pretty awesome I have a few friends with subarus. Are you a spectator or lucky enough to participate?
    We do a lot of weekend trips and that picture was taking at Long Beach, WA. We live just north of Seattle.... but vacation, camp, hike, mt bike, kayak and trail ride all over the state. I freaking love this place!
    Born and raised.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I had one, '86 six cyl with hard top. Does that count? I've also had 2 International Scouts, 1 Bronco (the real Bronco), I'm not admitting to how many Rangers.... currently have a Trooper, minor engine mods, 3 inch lift and all the fancy lights and stuff. Haven't gotten around to putting the winch on yet. I like the trooper, it isn't a jeep but has tons of interior room, beafy running gear, and keeps pace with every one else. I have a Z71 also, but I'm trying to trade it.10 mpg, uck.

Oh, the trooper really really needs a locker in the front diff. If you get the pass side down hill, it reverts to 2wd.
    That's quite the line up.... We actually traded Jeremy's Yamaha R1 (he just never rode it anymore) and his 1500 Silverado for the jeep.... very pleased.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    We actually own 3 jeeps!!! 1995 YJ - the Rock Crawler! on 35' tires, Dana 44 rears, full cage, 4.88 gears, etc, etc, etc

2940294740051329667S200x200Q85.jpg

2nd is a 1985 CJ . This is the husband's

1406326057051329667S200x200Q85.jpg

And the son has a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    VERY NICE! We are more so mud and dirt people but the rock crawlers are awesome! When his wrangle become more of a toy (not a driver) he wants to get lockers, a lift (4.5 in which would call for larger mud tires obviously) bumpers (those may come sooner), 5pt harnesses, we will sometime this summer be getting the interior flooring torn out and doing a spray in bed liner also! It currently has 3.73 gearing with the Dana 44.... so not too shabby. :-D Like I said... it WILL be a toy. but right now it between the two. :-D
  • Laststand2011
    Laststand2011 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love my Jeep. It's a 1999 Jeep Wrangler.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    No actually, but it seems pretty awesome I have a few friends with subarus. Are you a spectator or lucky enough to participate?
    We do a lot of weekend trips and that picture was taking at Long Beach, WA. We live just north of Seattle.... but vacation, camp, hike, mt bike, kayak and trail ride all over the state. I freaking love this place!
    Born and raised.

I don't drive in the rallies but my husband and I do a lot of volunteer work, mostly with Oregon Rally Group. For Olympus we'll be doing a lot of media type stuff this year. Oregon Trail Rally is the big one for us. My husband has the company he works for doing the title sponsorship, plus we grill hotdogs throughout the whole thing and give them away for free. We also help with setup and clean up, which means we get to drive the course in our STi!

Sweep is fun, and almost exclusively done by people with Jeeps. Sweep is where they pull the cars off the side the mountain, out of the trees, wherever it is those crazy drivers land themselves, and get them back on the road and off the course. Often the rally car drivers complain about how their car is being extracted and the sweep guys get to say "Hey, you're the one that parked it there", upside down, 100 yards off the road, in a creek.

How can a rally freak not have massive respect for Jeeps? They're like Subaru ambulances.
  • tcarlson78
    tcarlson78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    As a proud owner of a 78 FJ40 (with mods: TBI 350, SOA and reversal, Body lift, F&R locker, full cage, rear disk brakes...) I could not pass this thread up. I love jeeps, they taste great. Nothing beats tossing out 100' of winch line to pull a new jeep with lots of "off road" accessories (except tools, spare parts, food, water etc) Reminds me of halibut fishing. I still don't understand the Jeep thing though when a vast majority don't even get off of mall parking lots or forest service roads. (just kidding!!!)

All kidding aside, Kudos to those that build, maintain and use our toys dispite original manufature to enjoy places most others will only see in a postcard.

MPF content: how many calories are burned in the garage racing to get that last project done before loading up for an event?
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options

All kidding aside, Kudos to those that build, maintain and use our toys dispite original manufature to enjoy places most others will only see in a postcard.

MPF content: how many calories are burned in the garage racing to get that last project done before loading up for an event?
    Agreed, we will get there. We buy vehicles that have more than one purpose because we plan to take advantage of that! :)
    The fj40's are freakin awesome...!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    My wife is a huge Jeep fanatic. She had a grand cherokee for a long time. I don't think I would have many problems convincing her to allow me to build a wrangler.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    My wife is a huge Jeep fanatic. She had a grand cherokee for a long time. I don't think I would have many problems convincing her to allow me to build a wrangler.
    Definitely a wrangler over the grand... that's an easy one. GO FOR IT! ;)
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Born and raised.

I don't drive in the rallies but my husband and I do a lot of volunteer work, mostly with Oregon Rally Group. For Olympus we'll be doing a lot of media type stuff this year. Oregon Trail Rally is the big one for us. My husband has the company he works for doing the title sponsorship, plus we grill hotdogs throughout the whole thing and give them away for free. We also help with setup and clean up, which means we get to drive the course in our STi!

Sweep is fun, and almost exclusively done by people with Jeeps. Sweep is where they pull the cars off the side the mountain, out of the trees, wherever it is those crazy drivers land themselves, and get them back on the road and off the course. Often the rally car drivers complain about how their car is being extracted and the sweep guys get to say "Hey, you're the one that parked it there", upside down, 100 yards off the road, in a creek.

How can a rally freak not have massive respect for Jeeps? They're like Subaru ambulances.
    That sounds pretty awesome. We will have to look in to checking one out eventually! Oregon isn't far either. That is really cool what you guys do for the event, and fun, I bet!

I agree about the jeeps. Why would they b*tch ahah, I'd say, "Or I can just leave it there" HA
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY 88 WRANGLER!! Weather is getting just right to take the top off!

My husband has two old Wagoneers he's gonna build some kind of toy out of. And my step-son has an old Army Jeep he's rebuilding. This family has a thing for Jeeps!!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I LOVE MY 88 WRANGLER!! Weather is getting just right to take the top off!

My husband has two old Wagoneers he's gonna build some kind of toy out of. And my step-son has an old Army Jeep he's rebuilding. This family has a thing for Jeeps!!
    why wouldn't they? ;)
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Definitely a wrangler over the grand... that's an easy one. GO FOR IT! ;)

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't do a cherokee (don't want a SUV), but I also love the wranglers. I'd probably put a modified VW diesel engine in it so I could get 35+ mpg with it and still have off-roading fun.