JEEPS!

Options

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    My wife is a huge Jeep fanatic. She had a grand cherokee for a long time. I don't think I would have many problems convincing her to allow me to build a wrangler.
    Definitely a wrangler over the grand... that's an easy one. GO FOR IT! ;)

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't do a cherokee (don't want a SUV), but I also love the wranglers. I'd probably put a modified VW diesel engine in it so I could get 35+ mpg with it and still have off-roading fun.
    Maybe... But NOT nearly as capable as the I6. ;) But toys are toys.

Also, cherokee and grand cherokee are 2 different things lol. But if ya don't want an suv... neither makes sense for you.
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options
    My BF and I just bought a 2006 Jeep wrangler Rubicon. we put a lift on it ourselves and our next improvement is 33" tires. we've taken it 4-wheelin a few times now, I love it!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    My wife is a huge Jeep fanatic. She had a grand cherokee for a long time. I don't think I would have many problems convincing her to allow me to build a wrangler.
    Definitely a wrangler over the grand... that's an easy one. GO FOR IT! ;)

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't do a cherokee (don't want a SUV), but I also love the wranglers. I'd probably put a modified VW diesel engine in it so I could get 35+ mpg with it and still have off-roading fun.

Also, cherokee and grand cherokee are 2 different things lol. But if ya don't want an suv... neither makes sense for you.

I know they are different, as my wife reminds me repeatedly, but they are both just an SUV to me.

The VW diesel can easily get up to 250 hp with 400 ft/lb, would that work :happy: The other option would be a cummins 4BT, it's a 4.0L 4 cylinder diesel and I could probably still 23+ mpg.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    My BF and I just bought a 2006 Jeep wrangler Rubicon. we put a lift on it ourselves and our next improvement is 33" tires. we've taken it 4-wheelin a few times now, I love it!
    eek you didn't upgrade tires at the same time?? ;) What does it have on it now?
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options

I know they are different, as my wife reminds me repeatedly, but they are both just an SUV to me.

The VW diesel can easily get up to 250 hp with 400 ft/lb, would that work :happy: The other option would be a cummins 4BT, it's a 4.0L 4 cylinder diesel and I could probably still 23+ mpg.

On second thought after googling the 4BT power range, it's been kicked for barely producing the same numbers as the VW with poorer fuel mileage.
  • quinnybear
    quinnybear Posts: 243
    Options

the tires on there are still good tires, they just look too small with the lift. we're upgrading one part at a time, it can get pricey!!
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    my husband is on the board and very involved in the Orlando Jeep club..........i thought this was a safe place away from jeeps :sad: . LoL
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options

the tires on there are still good tires, they just look too small with the lift. we're upgrading one part at a time, it can get pricey!!
    !S!eriously! I imagined the small tires, that's why I asked. ;) $$$$ blech but awesome!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    my husband is on the board and very involved in the Orlando Jeep club..........i thought this was a safe place away from jeeps :sad: . LoL
    Ha ha sorry, nope! ;)
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    patiently waiting for the weather to warm up around here! ;)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    patiently waiting for the weather to warm up around here! ;)

No kidding, can't go mudding if the snow won't melt :ohwell:

I have a cherokee that I love to pieces, even if I have literally loved it to PIECES! I also have a subaru that's pretty cool too. Maine winters can't be survived without the 4 wheel drive!

My mom has 2 cherokees. Once mine is no longer "stickerable", I will be going for a new one.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Not only that, I'd like to be able to take the top off. Our warmest day has been mid 60's and sunny last saturday... NOT WARM ENOUGH FOR ME! ;)
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Not only that, I'd like to be able to take the top off. Our warmest day has been mid 60's and sunny last saturday... NOT WARM ENOUGH FOR ME! ;)

Won't stop raining here! Grrrr! Once I take the top off I want to leave it off for the summer! I hate using the top and doors!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options

Won't stop raining here! Grrrr! Once I take the top off I want to leave it off for the summer! I hate using the top and doors!
    Where are you? ;-D DITTO! But we can't LEAVE it off for long here... rains then nice again, then rains then nice again. lol! And untill we get neoprene seats and rino line the inside... not happenin' ;)
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options

Where are you? ;-D DITTO! But we can't LEAVE it off for long here... rains then nice again, then rains then nice again. lol! And untill we get neoprene seats and rino line the inside... not happenin' ;)

We are gonna do the same with the interior...but since we don't have a garage to park it in, hubby will just throw a tarp over it when it's gonna rain. Cuz I drive it all the time in the summer and thats so much easier than putting the top back on everytime it rains. Really need a good cover for it!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Here are some of those rally rescue Jeeps I mentioned earlier.

IMAG0104.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

I got a little dirty too.
    IMAG0101.jpg
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    LOVE MY JEEP! :)

When I was fifteen, I started bring home Jeep brochures to show my parents in hopes of getting one for my 16th birthday! (Assumptive, you say?) No Jeep for me, (I never got an easy bake oven, either!) Thank God for becoming an "adult" so I could start buying my OWN vehicles!
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I miss my Wrangler. I had a 1990 Jeep Wrangler lifted with 35" Tires. I will be driving one off a dealer lot in the next couple years. Probably in 4.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Here are some of those rally rescue Jeeps I mentioned earlier.

IMAG0104.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

I got a little dirty too.
    IMAG0101.jpg
    Awesome, thanks for sharing! :-D
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Bought the Jeep used back in 2002.
    By far the most fun vehicle I've owned.
    (still is!)