Tall women 5'9 or taller

Options

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    dbanks80, we live in Tampa so it's 6 hours to Key Largo. This was definitely NOT a relaxing trip (but none of our vacations are!) I know what you mean about losing a little extra before a vacation. We will be going to the Grand Canyon and other parts of the Southwest this summer for 2 weeks and while I'll be hiking ALOT I'll also be eating out 3 meals a day and having snacks throughout the day to fuel my hikes. I think I'm gonna try and drop another 5 lbs. (key word-try!) so I have a cushion. It can be done, it's just realllllyyyy hard. I think I'm gonna back off the weights a little bit (although I'm getting great arm definition and folks are commenting :bigsmile: ) but if I do some Tabata's and do some extra cardio and only eat 75% of my calories I should be able to drop that extra 5.
  • Meekah44
    Meekah44 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and i'm currently at 197ish. My goal weight is 175. I weighed that before I had my daughter and i was very happy with it.
  • melt57
    melt57 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    5'11" I thought I was fat in high school when I weighed 140, because I felt bad about wearing a size 10! Gah! If I could only go back to that. Now I am aiming for 170. I wouldn't mind being less than that, but I haven't been that thin in years. Maybe after 170 I might reconsider. ...baby steps :)

Any tall friends, feel free to add me!
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    *Bump*

This thread makes me so happy...
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I don't know if having long legs is a good thing. I can't buy off the rack pants. I can only wear a long/tall and the Tall girl shops is too long. So I am pretty limited on the brands I can get which makes it pretty frustrating. Thankfully retail has gotten way better catering to long legs

I'm 5'10" with 33" inside leg, and I find that here in the UK, standard is somewhere between 28"-30", while long is 32"! Places like Long Tall Sally do 35", so I always have to take their trousers/jeans up! Why is there nothing in between?! NYDJ (Not Your Daughter's Jeans) are fine though. And they fit properly everywhere else too. However, if I don't want to pay through the nose for them, I have to buy them from the US because they are horribly expensive here.

Ideally I'd like to get to around 161lbs - I was fit, slim, and healthy at that weight. And my legs actually looked long, as opposed to currently looking stumpy because of the extra weight on them!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I can buy jeans off the rack - but I have a heck of a time finding tops that are long enough! And my legs just look stocky :(

I find that sleeves are rarely long enough!
  • DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and started at 190 back in September. I am now at 159! Lots of cardio, weights 3x/week and watching what I eat.
  • Celeste79
    Celeste79 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hiya ladies! So glad to find you all. I'm 6'1" and about 203. Weigh-in is tomorrow so hoping that changes in the direction I wanted it to go. Want to get down to 180-185 range. I was 188 when I got married almost 2 years ago and soooo wanted to get down to that again at the beginning of the year when I started out at 208 (depressing as that is my all-time high). Here it is May and I have yet to get down to the 190s so I know that there is no way I'm getting to my wedding weight by the end of the month.

Anyway, I'm spinning, and in week 3 of the c25k program, and tonight I'm starting JM's 30 Day Shred so I should at least be well on my way to looking smokin' by Fourth of July.

I just bought a tankini on Saturday at Nordstrom's. I was shocked that the suits (even the one pieces) were actually long enough! I had 3 that I was making myself choose from and I couldn't believe I actually had options. I was shy about doing the tankini because I didn't want that 1" or more strip of exposed skin but am glad that there are longer styles available now. I paid quite a bit more money than I normally would on a suit but it'll be the only one I wear this summer and well worth the money.

I know you ladies said you're long in the torso and not so much in the legs. I'm leggy and if my torso actually measured up with my legs I'd probably be around 6'3" or more. :o/ I'm thrilled to pieces about LEL and Long Tall Sally. For those in between regular and ultra-tall; I highly recommend Gap jeans in Tall. My favorite are the Perfect Boot as they have a nice mid-rise; Long and Lean use to be my favorites but the last time I ordered those (last year) they had restructured the fit and they're a bit too low on the hips. Also, the tops in the talls are p-e-r-f-e-c-t. Personally when I order their jeans I get the ultra-tall; I NEED that 36" inseam.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • KathyEarhart
    KathyEarhart Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal is 150 lbs. I just had a baby boy 5.5 weeks ago and am ready to get back on track. Gained 50 lbs in my pregnancy, went from 155 to 205. Initially lost 23 lbs after having him, but I'm up 9 of those lbs over the last 4 weeks. So, I'm at 189 now. Most of my height is in my legs, which makes it very hard to get pants (I like a 34-36" inseam). I also like my tops long and have trouble with that, don't want to be showing off my flubber- lol. Buying maternity clothes and being tall was next to impossible, luckily a few companies had tall jeans online, but no one offered long tops in maternity. I'm ready to start eating healthy again and get to be healthy again.
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add I want to get down to 140-145.
  • KathyEarhart
    KathyEarhart Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal is 150 lbs. I just had a baby boy 5.5 weeks ago and am ready to get back on track. Gained 50 lbs in my pregnancy, went from 155 to 205. Initially lost 23 lbs after having him, but I'm up 9 of those lbs over the last 4 weeks. So, I'm at 189 now. Most of my height is in my legs, which makes it very hard to get pants (I like a 34-36" inseam). I also like my tops long and have trouble with that, don't want to be showing off my flubber- lol. Buying maternity clothes and being tall was next to impossible, luckily a few companies had tall jeans online, but no one offered long tops in maternity. I'm ready to start eating healthy again and get to be healthy again.

Oops, my math isn't working today, gained back 7 lbs. during the 2-6 week postpartum period.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Wow! Yall are awesomely committed. I am 5'10 and my goal is to get to 180! That was about what I was in high school and was a size 12, so Iwould be way happy to ge there. Since I started my weight loss journey at 317lb, I think 180 would be a great accoplishment for me. But for those of you who want 160 or less, more power to you!
  • dnytna
    dnytna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. I'm 5'9, and weigh around 195. I have a medium bone structure. A month ago, I went from an almost sedentary life to working with a personal trainer 2x a week and doing cardio 3x a week. My scale is hovering between 193 and 196.5. I am not losing any weight, but after a month of this exercise plan, I have lost 10". 10" lost is a win, however, why am I not seeing ANY weight loss? Five years ago, I was at my lowest weight - 135. That was too low for me, and I am comfortable getting to and staying at 150. Any ideas?
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. I'm 5'9, and weigh around 195. I have a medium bone structure. A month ago, I went from an almost sedentary life to working with a personal trainer 2x a week and doing cardio 3x a week. My scale is hovering between 193 and 196.5. I am not losing any weight, but after a month of this exercise plan, I have lost 10". 10" lost is a win, however, why am I not seeing ANY weight loss? Five years ago, I was at my lowest weight - 135. That was too low for me, and I am comfortable getting to and staying at 150. Any ideas?

I used to get really caught up on the numbers on the scale. I am 5'9" and currently 162 trying to get to 150 mimimum. I exercise everyday and I am also a runner. This go around the numbers on the scale aren't going down as fast as I like but I can now get back into my size 10 clothes at 162 lbs. whereas before when I was losing weight and not consistent with exercise I was 162 wearing a size 12.

So I have stopped getting caught up on the number on the scale and now I go by how my clothes feel. And now that I run I see muscle definition in my legs and I am extremely happy with the results!!
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My shoe size is 9.5 (and has been since I was a teen). My mom is 5'6" and she wears a size 10. However, her feet don't *look* as big as mine. It's very weird.

My department at work consists entirely of women and they all range from 4'10" to 5'5". Whenever we go out as a group, I feel like Gulliver. I love my height, but I don't like being conspicous and nothing is more conspicuous than being the tallest one in a small group.
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    Options
    Just echoing my suggestion from my first post: look into Kut from the Kloth and Make Your Own Jeans.com for us long-legged ladies!

And don't even get me started on being able to consistently find size 11 shoes in cute styles...
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and have been doing MFP for about 3 weeks. I have lost 6 lbs so far from following the website's guidelines. I try to eat within 100 calories of my 1220 daily goal. Also I watch my sodium and fiber intake as well. I log on a few times a day and enter what I WANT to have for a snack/meal and see if it fits into my calories left for the day. If it doesn't fit in well enough I either opt for a different lower calorie choice or work some exercise into my day. It's amazing...every little bit helps. 5 minutes worth of "marching in place" or "step-ups" on the bottom stair is better than sitting on the couch eating in front of the t.v. Good luck to you!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    My department at work consists entirely of women and they all range from 4'10" to 5'5". Whenever we go out as a group, I feel like Gulliver. I love my height, but I don't like being conspicous and nothing is more conspicuous than being the tallest one in a small group.

This made me laugh! I so know how you feel.
  • chilipeppers
    chilipeppers Posts: 119
    Options
    I love the diversity of body shapes. It is interesting because I am 5'9", 150lbs and I fit size 5-7pants depending on the stretch, however, my upper body is much bigger (apple shaped?) so my dress size can be up to size 10.
    I have NO bum, OR hips, but a wide back and an ample bosom(LOL).

I was around 135 3 years ago or so, but that was way too skinny and I only got there after jaw surgery and I had my jaw wired shut for 2 weeks hahaha.

I am aiming for 140-142, I've been comfortable at that weight without people weirding me out by telling me that I'm too thin (what the hell's up with that?!)

anyway, right now I am trying to exercise 4-5 times a week, ride my bike and I'm doing all Vegan month this month and cooking for myself. Hopefully that works!