Where are your favorite places to go out to eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    Mmmm I love Genghis Grill - you create your own mongolian bbq bowl and you can make it super healthy! Their website allows you to build your bowl and gives detailed nutrition info on all their ingredients.

That sounds so good! You would think, since I don't live in the middle of nowhere, that we would have some of these tasty places!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    bump
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    Buffalo Wild Wings. I get like 18 wings there haha
  • chubswonky
    Options
    Buffalo Wild Wings. I get like 18 wings there haha

I haven't been there in a really long time! So good!
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Not really a resturant.... but I like Subway and I often get myself a healthy Subway Turkey Breast and Ham 6 inch sub which is only 266 calories.
    I think it's great that they have nutritional information available on their website.
    It's really difficult eat out as you can't say 100% sure how many calories are in your meal. It would be great if more food venues published their nutritional information.

Boots (shop) use colour lables on their food.. green amber and red. I always choose the green foods which are usually under 300 cal, whereas I avoid the red food which can be over 500 cal for one sandwich. It is shocking that they sell food that's so high in calories..
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am like an old person...I love Ruby Tuesdays mostly the salad bar or the grilled bbq chicken sauce on the side which I don't use and double grilled veggies not mashed potatoes.
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    I hit up subway a lot. In my town they serve breakfast all day, so an egg white sandwich with cheese, bacon and veggies with a fat free chocolate milk is nice when I'm on the go. I like Jugo Juice's smoothies on the run as wel, and if I absolutely have to eat out I stick to healthier options, or an appetizer portion. At a fast food joint usually some grilled protein on a salad without the unhealthy add ons, and if I absolutely have to have fast food I order from the kid's menu. Yes, it is sad that i'm 18 and order from the kids menu and have gotten quite a few weird looks, but it usually keeps it under 400 cals. :)
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I hit up subway a lot. In my town they serve breakfast all day, so an egg white sandwich with cheese, bacon and veggies with a fat free chocolate milk is nice when I'm on the go. I like Jugo Juice's smoothies on the run as wel, and if I absolutely have to eat out I stick to healthier options, or an appetizer portion. At a fast food joint usually some grilled protein on a salad without the unhealthy add ons, and if I absolutely have to have fast food I order from the kid's menu. Yes, it is sad that i'm 18 and order from the kids menu and have gotten quite a few weird looks, but it usually keeps it under 400 cals. :)

Hi Andrea

I'm from England and we don't get as much variety in our Subways as you probably do. Breakfast is served from 08:00-10:00 and we get egg but it's like an dried up ommlette and we don't get a choice of egg white or egg yolks.
    We also only get two cheese types.. normal rubbery cheese or monteray jack.

Wish we got more options!!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Applebees - The under 550 cal steak and shrimp
    Chick Fil A - The southwest chargrilled salad
    Jimmy Johns- #14 bootlegger club NO MAYO
    Wendys - Baja Salad (once a week its got like 35g of fat :embarassed: )
    Subway
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    :smile: love, love, love applebees
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    :smile: love, love, love applebees
  • stacimusmax
    stacimusmax Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Chic fil A has some good salad choices. My favorite is the Chargrilled Chicken Salad w/Berry Balsalmic Dressing (340 calories total).
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Noodles and Company - they have all their nutritional information easily available in the restaurants - for 415 calories my favorite is a small Japanese Pan Noodles with shrimp and green salad with their fat free Asian Dressing. they have other options at that same calorie level or less - and you can customize your bowls based on your choices!
  • chubswonky
    Options
    Applebees - The under 550 cal steak and shrimp
    Chick Fil A - The southwest chargrilled salad
    Jimmy Johns- #14 bootlegger club NO MAYO
    Wendys - Baja Salad (once a week its got like 35g of fat :embarassed: )
    Subway

We don't have Chick Fil A here! I've heard it's amazing
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been on a Saladworks kick. I love grabbing a turkey club salad to go on my way to work. Their salads are easy to customize and control the calories and they are so yummy!!
  • wiset
    wiset Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I really don't eat out much. I try to prepare all of my meals so I know exactly what's going in my mouth and how many calories, etc. One of my doctors told me, "If you're eating out, you're eating wrong." I'll never forget that.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Chili's Margarita Chicken is amazing and the healthiest thing on the menu.
    Japanese food - sushi and steamed dumplings!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Lately it's Panera Bread and Charley's grilled subs: buffalo chicken salad (no dressing, just the buffalo sauce from the chicken) less than 300 calories. I get subway sometimes when I don't have time to make food and don't want to get unhealthy shoppette food for dinner, however, I always seem to get Jackson Pollock as my sandwich artist. Unsat indeed!