OMG I bought the Hungry Girl 300 under 300!!

Options
ShelbyLB
ShelbyLB Posts: 431
Has anyone else recently discovered Hungry Girl recipes??? I was in the bookstore last week, and found this new book and am IN LOVE with so many of the recipes... Although I haven't tried any yet...haha..they all look SUPER easy, SUPER tasty, and definitely something I can make!

I have never tried an 'egg mug' or whatever the proper name is...but how DELISH do those look!!!??? I am a HUGE egg white fan...so I"m sure those will be perfect for me! I also love oatmeal, and the oatmeal bowls look awesome!! :) Has anyone made the red velvet pancakes??? They look YUMMY!!

My fridge is stocked with ingredients to make a bunch of their recipes.....this week will be filled with NEW RECIPES!! :)

Ok...I'll stop raving now....I Just had to share my excitement!!! :)
Toodles!

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    ooo I should look into getting that book!. is it for all meals or just breakfast?
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Sounds great...if you get a chance please update your post and let us know how the recipes turn out....
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    those mug omeletes are absolutely to die for!!! I am gonna get that book soon I think... my sis has it and I don't want to borrow it and get addicted and then give it back. haha
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I LOVE the recipes - have yet to come across a bad one. And the health factor just makes it that much better. Sometimes they aren't "substantial" enough for a meal, so we'll do 1.5-2 servings each, but still - I highly recommend!
  • afluegel
    afluegel Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love Hungry Girl! I love the egg mugs for breakfast - they are easy, yummy and filling. I also love her Buffalo Chicken dip - one of my favorites. You can also get some of her recipies online and she now has a tv show...
  • Renonvme
    Renonvme Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just finished eating The Veggie Eggsplosion Egg Mug. Yummy and filling! My step-mom borrowed my book and made the Buffallo Chicken Salad. She said it was really good, too! I think I'm loving this new cookbook! :love:
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love HUNGRY GIRL cookbooks. Have the 300 under 300 and the 1-2-3 cookbook! I have loved, so has my family, all the recipes I fix out of there! The Smore's Pancakes are delicious! So glad you love your cookbook!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Try the yum yum brownie muffins! 181 calories a piece and loaded with vitamin A and fiber. The best cupcakes you will ever have in your life!!! Here is a link: http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/367

**Note** Sift the cake mix beforehand to remove those tiny lumps in the cake mix. And keep the muffins covered tightly or in an airtight container because they will dry out. Also, a regular size ice cream scoop works nicely to place the batter in the cupcake liners. You can also make these with a spice cake mix or yellow for a different flavor. Soooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun!!:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    Thanks for the tips everyone!! I am excited to experiment with the recipes!!! I LOVE that there are options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.....YUM!! :)
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I just got her second book 3-2-1. I love the receipes. Made the good chick lollipops last night. I've actually lost 2lbs since I started cooking from it last week.
  • crystal10584
    Options
    those mug omeletes are absolutely to die for!!! I am gonna get that book soon I think... my sis has it and I don't want to borrow it and get addicted and then give it back. haha

type up your fav recipes before you give it back :)
  • MissKMN
    MissKMN Posts: 119
    Options
    Hungry Girl is the best! I've been following her for years since way before she published those books. Check out her website at http://www.hungry-girl.com/ for a ton of other recipes and tips, tricks and amazing new products that she finds. A lot of people are on her daily email list and I highly recommend it!
  • thedons
    thedons Posts: 41
    Options
    i just checked it out on line & it looks awesome! im so excited about it i'm headin off to the bookstore to pick up a copy. thanks for sharing. have a great day! :D
  • jrow5
    jrow5 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have made her oatmeal recipe with the unsweetened vanilla almond milk and it is delish! I add some fresh fruit or a Keurig Dark hot Chocolate cup...yummy!

I have made her buffalo chicken tenders too and those were wicked delish! Even hubby liked them...
  • Ekaette07
    Ekaette07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I intend to order it online! I watch her cooking show on the Cooking Channel. I love her recipes!!
  • ParkersMomma2010
    ParkersMomma2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting about this. I get their daily e-mails and had seen them advertising the new book and all of the recipies sounded so yummy but I was hesitant in buying it. I will definitely have to try it out now!!! Thanks!
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    I'm not one to RAVE about things that I really don't find HELPFUL and well worth it....so if anyone is hesitant in buying this book, I say GO FOR IT...there is definitely something for everyone in it!! :)
    Unfortunately we have dinner plans for tonight after a business meeting...but the rest of the week is going to be all about TRYING THESE RECIPES!! :)
  • komplexlysimple
    Options
    I love HG. She makes some really good stuff, and it really makes cutting calories a lot easier!
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    Has anyone tried the pumpkin pancakes from Hungry Girl?? I LOVE anything pumpkin..so I'm thinking this may be something I try first from the book!! Although the red velvet pancakes also look DELISH! :) Soooo many to chose from!!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I need to know more about these "egg mugs" !