OMG I bought the Hungry Girl 300 under 300!!

Options

Replies

• tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Options
    Bump! I lve het recipes!! Haven't bought 300 under 300 yet but I'm anxious to see how you like it!
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the book on amazon after someone suggested egg mugs. Sounds so yummy and it's quick
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Wow, a lot of these recipes sound amazing! But looking at the few recipes posted here I see the sodium content is really high, are all of the recipes high sodium?

Yes. She uses a ton of processed food in everything and the sodium levels are out of control. There was one recipe of hers that, with the addition of some herbs and spices so it had some actual flavor, I really enjoyed. Then I saw the sodium count and couldn't believe my eyes. It was around 1,500mg of sodium per serving! Then I started looking at all her sodium levels and I haven't made a single thing since. It seems like almost all of her stuff is 500mg-1000mg per serving for any of the decent sized servings. (that's the other thing to note, a lot of her "servings" are fairly small)
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Just had a read of some of her recipes - I'm pretty sure we don't get lots of the processed foods here in the UK. Not sure what I think of reconstituted beaten eggs... :S
  • dzdame
    dzdame Posts: 89
    Options
    I agree with the comment about HG recipes being too processed..I get her daily emails and so many of them have processed ingredients...Occasionally, however, she does have recipes that have all whole food ingredients..I have made some and they are really pretty good...But will pay attention to the sodium content from now on..If you are trying to "eat clean" then there are better sources out there...Just my opinion..
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    Options
    I just bought the 300 under 300 yester day at Costco for 12.99. can't wait to tryout some recipes. So many looked good. Glad you all pointed out the high sodium levels I haven't looked at the recipe book closely enough to see that. If I find some really great recipes I will be sure to share.
  • JNALTBK
    JNALTBK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks ... will look for this book next time I'm shopping!
  • jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    Options
    i LOVE the website...but dont have any of the books. you can sign up for her daily emails...they're awesome!!
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    YES I have signed up for the daily emails and agree that they are AWESOME! :) Some of the recipes DO have high sodium content....so just be aware of it. Make the choices that are right for YOU and your plan....and enjoy! :)
  • Cposeley28
    Options
    I have the 200 under 200 book. LOVE hungry girl!!!
  • katherinegymgirl
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!!
  • Caligrl4U
    Options
    How are you losing so much wait? How long did it take you to lose 60lb.
  • jbirdy1
    jbirdy1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have 3 Hungry-Girl cookbooks and love them all! I am addicted to the Fiber One baked onion rings.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I have 3 Hungry-Girl cookbooks and love them all! I am addicted to the Fiber One baked onion rings.

If you have a Trader Joe's near you, try switching the Fiber One for the Trader Joe's High Fiber cereal. It tastes almost the same (better, in my opinion) and doesn't have the aspartame like Fiber One does. :)
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I have seen those books, I wanted to go and look to see if anything sounds good to me. I am a picky eater and I have found it hard to find things I like. I dont enjoy egg or fish which are two main good protien sources.. UGH.. i wish dieting was easier!
  • krwtvl02
    krwtvl02 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Love Hungry-Girl.com. I haven't tried her recipes, they look good and I will try them.
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    Yumm..the daily e-mails from Hungry Girl are AWESOME....especially today's, which gives ideas for satisfying your SWEET TOOTH..which is DEFINITELY something I have..:)

Here are options from Hungry Girl herself!!

Vitalicious Fudgy Peanut Butter Chip VitaTops - No way around it -- having one of these is THE best way to kick a chocolate and peanut butter craving to the curb. You do have to order the Tops online, but it's worth it. Just 100 calories and a PointsPlus™ value of 3* per VitaTop.

HG Hot Couple! Athens Mini Fillo Shells + Snickers - If you want to make a REAL peanut 'n chocolate candy bar go far, chop it up and melt it into fillo shells! You can have two of these for 83 calories and a PointsPlus™ value of 2*. That's NUTTY!

Skinny Cow Chocolate Peanut Butter Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwiches - True lovers of PB&C know that portion control is important! That's why I love these individual sandwiches for an ice cream fix. Each one has 150 calories and a PointsPlus™ value of 4*.

Teeny Weeny Creamy Oreo Peanut Butter Poppers - Don't let the "teeny weeny" part get you down; you can eat TEN of these mini frozen treats for 188 calories and a PointsPlus™ value of 5*. Or have five for 94 calories. Your call!

Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter 90 Calorie Chewy Bars - Toss one of these in your bag and enjoy it after any meal, anywhere! Each fiber-packed, 90-calorie bar clocks in with a PointsPlus™ value of 2*.
  • lots_to_lose
    Options
    Thanks for recommending the book. I just requested it from the library. I'm number 85 on the list, so it will be a while before I get it!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I have HG 1 2 3 and love the recipes!

I really like the big apple french toast and the espresso cake in a mug
    I love me some sweets and this helps tons!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm ordering it now! Sounds Delish and Amazon has it for around 12$!