tummy help?

Options
2»

Replies

• FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I need help in this area as well. I am a thick and solid girl, but my stomach is the one thing about my body that I feel the most uncomfortable about...unless I am wearing my Spanx. I haven't had any children, but I want to get in shape before that happens...

Hi MrsButler...have you thought about trying Bellydance...it is an ancient feminine artform...it is a total body workout that tones muscles and skin...and when dancing or practicing, it combines cardio as well...besides all of the wonderful things it does for your body, it is just so much fun...never feels like exercise but you will feel sore muscles the next day to let you know you were working out...there are several DVD instructional and workout tapes available...and live classes are the ultimate fun...great way to network with other women.
  • angelajiniel
    Options
    My mom was in a similar spot. After 5 pregnancies, all c-sections, including a set of twins, she had very little stomach muscle left. She literally had a spot where her vertical and horizontal scars crossed and she could poke her finger through the muscle there. Long story short, it took her about 3 straight years of working very hard to gain muscle tone back. She said it just took a lot of work. I think she's been using a bench that allows her to begin with her head below her stomach to work both the back and the abs. But all the ab-work in the world will only tone the muscle you have there. Cardio is the only way to get rid of the fat, and that is lost all-over the body.

Personally I've had great results with pilates, but I haven't had any children yet, so I can't attest to that. Good luck!