Eggs

Options
So just out of curiosity, how many of ya'll eat the the whole egg and how many eat just egg whites? Pros and cons?

Replies

• willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    im doing lower carb....EGGS ARE GOOD FOR YOU....EAT THE WHOLE EGG:wink:
  • sairanasir
    sairanasir Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I eat the egg whites because it is lower in calories more filling and also healthier for you:smile
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Whole eggs for me, free range..and nearly every day. Yes the yolks have the most fat but they also have the taste..and in my book this is for life..so I want good tasting food.
  • cutemorena85
    Options
    i do both. theres only 16 calories if u do the egg white and then there is 70 calories if u do the whole egg. a little more protein with the whole egg, but also a little more cholesterol. if you are doing scrambled egg one egg white and one whole egg is very good. :P
  • tuscaroragal
    tuscaroragal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I actually eat the whole egg. I have hard boiled eggs in the fridge for those "hungry" days when I can't seem to get full. I love eggs, so just eating the whites doesn't appeal to me. I'm losing weight consistently with a good exercise routine. I suppose if my cholesterol was a problem or I was having trouble losing weight, I might think about it. Hopefully, it doesn't get to that!
  • angieb1978
    Options
    i just eat the egg whites they are filling but low in calories and fat
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    For scrambled eggs (omlets) 1 whole and 2 whites. No flavor in the whites and like they've said, all the nutrition is in the yolk.
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have to eat the whole egg because I think it tastes better. Yes, plain whites are healthier for you, but if you eat in moderation (not 5 a day) you will be just fine!!
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    I just eat the whites
  • liyahxoxo
    liyahxoxo Posts: 78
    Options
    sorry, love the whole egg i wouldnt be able to eat just the whites. and its not that bad for you either if you eat in moderation like 2 a day but not every day kinda deal.
  • beachcomber99
    beachcomber99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    For scrambled eggs or omelets, I whisk together one large or jumbo egg and 1 serving of Egg Beaters. Tastes great and I don't notice the difference between this combination and actually eating two whole eggs. Saves on calories and cholesterol.
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I eat the whole egg. The yolk is so delicious and full of vitamins. It seems such waste to toss out the yolk.
  • liyahxoxo
    liyahxoxo Posts: 78
    Options
    what do you guys do with the yolks after you use just the egg whites?:ohwell:
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i use egg beaters. theres 212 grams of cholesterol per egg. no thanks... ill stick with the egg beaters.
  • holly0623
    holly0623 Posts: 66
    Options
    I usually just eat egg whites because they are so low calorie, or sometimes I'll do 1 egg white and 1 whole egg. Some people don't think egg whites have any taste, but to me they taste fine and pretty good with some salsa. It all depends on what your calorie/macronutrient goals are (:
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I have 2 whole eggs, every other morning almost =)
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I do two whole eggs and one "Best of the Egg"* for my morning scrambled eggs, with 2-4 Tbsp cheddar cheese.

Most of the nutrients are in the yolk! http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html

*http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/lucerne/best-of-the-egg-whites
  • ajh2011
    ajh2011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I eat the whole egg for sure. It always fills me up and worth the calories for me:)
  • jackiemomx2
    jackiemomx2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It's the whole thing for me! The yolks have cancer fighting choline in them!
  • RockVixen
    RockVixen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz says time and time again to eat the whole egg. He says like an apple a day an egg a day will do you good. So I do One whole egg and then a couple egg whites.