How often do you eat Salad?

Options
13»

Replies

• LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    every day. either make a full mixed salad (llettuce, veggies) using lemon juice & a touch of sea salt on top, or, eat whole raw veggies without dip. like today i brought small persian cucumbers, carrots and cauliflower florets with me to work. do you condider that a salad? i just figure any veggie that's raw falls under the "salad" catagory. hope this helps?

:glasses: have a nice evening!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    lol:tongue:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    ooooh, how i adore romaine. one of my great weaknesses, cesar salads. i have sworn them off for now because of the fatty dressing. sighs. :frown:
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I am a huge salad lover.
    I have to be fairly careful though NOT to eat one every day ( gall bladder issue ).
    I can eat raw veggies on those days so I am still good.
    I just have to alternate...and that is ok.
    I like the carry-out salads, salad bars, side salad...you name it but I also make salad here at home to go with lunch or supper, depending. I just add whatever I have in the fridge ( shredded cheese, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, leftover chicken or turkey, tuna, or crab).
    I put lettuce leaves on sandwiches and sneak it into quesadillas for the family as well.
  • Eilishlynchkernohan
    Options
    Everyday at lunch, and sometimes with dinner. just plain lettuce, tomato, cucumber.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    a couple times a week. almost daily in the summer!
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I eat salad at least once a day, sometimes twice. I LOVE it. I eat raw spinach and spring greens like they're candy. I probably go through 2-3 bags of spinach and about 2 giant tubs of organic field greens a week.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Lettuce based? Very rarely.
    Spinach-based? DAILY... current fav: clementine oranges, red onion and a little blue cheese on spinach. Low fat raspberry dressing.

However, my work day salad is spinach, blue cheese and onion plus either apples, pears, tomatoes, stuffed green olives, grapes or clementines. Tasty. easy. and totally crave-worthy.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I eat salad all the time. One of my go-to meals for an easy lunch and/or dinner. I typically make mine with romaine and baby spinach, tons of raw veggies (cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, carrots, etc.), olives, protein (typically Trader Joe's turkey bacon and/or tuna), and homemade dressing. Sooooo good, and despite the fact that it takes forever to make it, it comes out so good and I can eat a ton while using barely any calories!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Besides taco salad that didn't even contain lettuce I don't even remember the last time I had a salad.