• AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    You, sir, are my hero. Congrats to you!

Keep up the good work!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I love your attitude and sense of humor. My bike friend has been kind to me too. She is giving me great calves and a sweet set of lungs.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Haha I think we both started at the same starting wt (except I'm a woman and 5'8") and now we are close to the same wt..I'm 215.
    So congrats I'm hoping to be at my goal of 165 by sept if I can and if not atleast by my 35th birthday...so here's to making our goals!!! Congrats on your success! From another former close to 400 pounder to another!
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Haha I think we both started at the same starting wt (except I'm a woman and 5'8") and now we are close to the same wt..I'm 215.
    So congrats I'm hoping to be at my goal of 165 by sept if I can and if not atleast by my 35th birthday...so here's to making our goals!!! Congrats on your success! From another former close to 400 pounder to another!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What an inspiration
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    You are hilarious, and handsome! Congrats and thanks for posting - it is stories like yours that keep me moving :flowerforyou:
  • stark23x
    stark23x Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You look great! You look like a completely different person...amazing.

Regarding Jasmin (your bike)...how long after you started losing weight did you purchase her? I want to ride a bike so badly but I'm scared that it wouldn't support my weight. Also worried about my balance as I haven't ridden a bike since I was 13 (now 27).

My first bike was a more upright "hybrid" style. Like a mountain bike but more comfortable, with smooth tires. Straight handlebars, etc. I weighed probably...I'd say 275 when I bought Jasmine. At that weight I had 28mm tires and a bit more padding in the wider saddle, but now I ride 23mm tires inflated to 105psi, lighter (albeint stronger) wheels and my saddle is a barely-padded Specialized Toupe in 130mm. Also, when i first got her I used a stem that raised the handle bars significantly. Now I can bend into the drops, even though I still have this belly in the way (for now. SOON I SHALL DEFEAT EVEN ITS MIGHTY SWAY!).

As for worrying about balance? It's just like riding a bi////oh wait. :) All kidding aside I'm sure you'll pick it up in no time. Just make sure you don't buy a cheap Walmart bike. Better to buy used from a reputable bike shop or Craigslist than a cheap bike that will just make you mad at it!
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You sir, are amazing. Well done!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    LOL! Great post. You managed to lose weight and keep a great sense of humour. You look fantastic!
  • Triathlynne
    Options
    Bloody fantastic mate. I love your attitude!!! It's great! Keep it up. You are a true inspiration to us all.

PS LOVE the bike :)
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    You look great! You look like a completely different person...amazing.

Regarding Jasmin (your bike)...how long after you started losing weight did you purchase her? I want to ride a bike so badly but I'm scared that it wouldn't support my weight. Also worried about my balance as I haven't ridden a bike since I was 13 (now 27).

My first bike was a more upright "hybrid" style. Like a mountain bike but more comfortable, with smooth tires. Straight handlebars, etc. I weighed probably...I'd say 275 when I bought Jasmine. At that weight I had 28mm tires and a bit more padding in the wider saddle, but now I ride 23mm tires inflated to 105psi, lighter (albeint stronger) wheels and my saddle is a barely-padded Specialized Toupe in 130mm. Also, when i first got her I used a stem that raised the handle bars significantly. Now I can bend into the drops, even though I still have this belly in the way (for now. SOON I SHALL DEFEAT EVEN ITS MIGHTY SWAY!).

As for worrying about balance? It's just like riding a bi////oh wait. :) All kidding aside I'm sure you'll pick it up in no time. Just make sure you don't buy a cheap Walmart bike. Better to buy used from a reputable bike shop or Craigslist than a cheap bike that will just make you mad at it!

Thank you so much for the response! I think I'm going to wait a bit till I get into the 200's to get one. I've just the itch from hell to get one. Like I constantly watch people who are riding, dream about it, think about it...it's horrible lol. As a kid I loved riding and only stopped because my mountain bike got stolen. I really appreciate your response it's super helpful! I wouldn't get one from walmart (you get what you pay for!)
  • stark23x
    stark23x Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Same height too! Same goal, even. I hope to be a nice solid 165 someday, but I will settle for 185, then decide what to do. Short term is just to get to 200. Well, 199. Because that's under 200. And I want to turn 41 saying "Yep. I weigh less than 200 pounds."

Again, thanks, and thanks to everyone's great comments. I was NOT feeling successful this morning but y'all really helped turn my thinking around. I have done something that is kind of cool and I should be reminding myself of that even when I don't *feel* it.
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options

2362473_6700.jpg

That's Jasmine. She and I have a wonderful relationship. I pour money into her and she sucks fat off my *kitten*.

BAHAHAHA!!!! That's the best description of a bike I have ever heard. Also, I like your woot shirt ;) Woot is awesome!
    And you... you look FREAKIN FANTASTIC! You no longer look anything like Mr. Moore, lol! You have come a very long way... 160lbs, WOW that is just incredible! YOu should be very proud of yourself! Thanks for the inspiration :)
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And I love your attitude!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congrats!!!
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    OMG! You look amazing. Excellent work! :)
  • Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Also you look like you are a blast to hang out with! Keep up the great work!
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    You rock! That's awesome!
  • SewRue
    SewRue Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!