100 PushUp Challenge Week 3

Options
13»

Replies

• michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey Lavender, thanks for noticing! Yes it was me who brought the information about the 100 push ups site to the board, and Kristin quickly turned it in to the challenge that it has become!! I heard about it through the lifehacker.com blog.

Tonight I finished the week 1 program (yay!!):

20 (15 required)

I'm ready to start on week 2 next week (which is week 4 if ya'll are following along ... does that make any sense?)

Like I told my wife, it's a six week program but it will probably take you longer than six weeks to get through it.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Greetings Pups :happy:

I have completed Week 3 - Day 3 (Level 1 Modified on knees) today.

Set 1: 20
    2: 15
    3: 15
    4: 12
    5: 20 ( The minimum was 16).

It was BURNING!!

I am proud of you all...for hanging in there.

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

~Mi
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I did the test after week 2 today to find out where I should be. I did 17 full push ups but it was very difficult and I wasn't able to get as low as I wanted to. I am opting to do the 2nd week again to build strength. Be back to check in on Monday! Have a good rest of the weekend!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings and congrats to everyone for your progress!

Week 1 day 3...correct form pushups

1 - 1
    2 - 1
    3 - 2
    4 - 1
    5 - 2

Will repeat week 1 until am able to follow the program specifications...probably just one more week.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I did Week 1 - Day 3 - middle column (on my knees) on Friday. I was rushing to get the car parked because we were going camping, so I would do one set, run some things out to the car, do another set, etc!

So now I am wondering - should I continue to week 2 on my knees, or try to go back and do week 1 regular-style?
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hello Pups and Cp...

Cp it is up to you if you want to begin "regular" pushups now...that is what Fatdancer is doing.

I opted to stay doing the "modified on my knees" for the whole 6 wks. Then I will repeat the entire challenge with "regular" pushups. I gotta start somewhere and for me...the modified are really challenging me. Regular may be the way to go for you already...you are probably stronger than me.

Being I am starting week 4 tomorrow I am half way there already...only 2 more weeks 'til 100!

Keep going Pups...just keep moving forward!!!!! :wink: :heart:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

~Mi
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response, Lavender! I think I am going to stick with modified for week 2 and then see how I am doing. I just tried a couple of good form pushups and could only really do 2 (better than 1 a week ago), so I think I need more work. I think if I get to the 3rd column modified after week 2's results, I will consider starting over at week 1 with regular pushups.

Pushups have always been a big weakness for me, too. (I blame it on carrying most of my weight around my hips!) So I am really glad to have found this challenge to help me increase my strength and tone my arms. I can't wait until I can do 10 regular pushups - much less 100! You are all very inspiring.